Randy Godwin is a good man

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (54 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

And he needs 3 more followers to hit 1K. Please make it happen. http://randygodwin.hubpages.com/

1. CMHypno profile image84
      CMHypnoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Already a follower of Randy - but happy to give the thread a bump!

paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am positively amazed at the lack of response. I feel a rant-meme coming on...

1. Will Apse profile image89
          Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'll follow him just to wind him up, lol.

1. HollieT profile image81
            HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm already a follower too.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59

I just checked back. He was at 999. I did the click and bumped him to 1K. A good day.

It would be nice to give him a couple more as insurance.

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, he won't keep mine.

Now... Now... lol

Let us have peace reign across the land....

The world is tough enough without us giving each other a hard time. big_smile

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

Already following. Randy is a good guy and a great writer - well worth following!

4. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 10 years ago

It so happens, I never followed Randy. I followed topics so his hubs would show up on my feeds and I'd read them from there.

Was I number 1K?

5. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

I'm number 1003, I think. He has some interesting-looking hubs!

Speaking of which, it's about time I got around to following you.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well, yeah!! :-)

Couple other folks I have re-followed since my zero down.

http://glennstok.hubpages.com/

http://sunforged.hubpages.com/

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
            Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Since your "zero down"?? I am following Glenn Stok, not sure about sunforged, but I have seen that name a lot.

He is tech literate.

RE: zero down.

Many, many, many months ago my my following count was 400 or some such. What with the in-actives and this, that, and the other; I decided to un-follow the whole lot. I am now doing re-follows as I re-discover those who are still around.

Plus a few new ones. big_smile

6. paradigmsearch profile image59

Randy would no doubt like to thank everyone, himself, but HP is picking on him as to his forum privileges. Maybe HP would like to revisit that issue?  smile

Any who, his post is at http://randygodwin.hubpages.com/hub/Son … t-12112264

7. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image74
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 10 years ago

I'm already a follower. Wish I could follow him a second time.

8. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

Randy is a good guy.

He also maintains the most sociable activity on HP!

I just re-followed you (in reference to my previous post). I had forgotten what a fellow rascal you are. big_smile

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can I be Spanky?  smile

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4vEKR9YEFfsIdSipEFwAREBB8UJj4rX57Rf0OljckyjVsOUUMyQ

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In what way?
      I'm just askin',  'cause Randy didn't like my Christian views and told me to never reply to his posts again.    That was loooonnng ago,  and I've adhered to his wishes ever since.    I wasn't aware til lately that he had been banned.............I'm not trying to be negative, but he just wasn't very "sociable" to me and to some other people whose posts he kept swooping in on and attacking.   He was instrumental in getting a Christian discussion taken down.   I didn't turn him in,  but maybe someone else did,  or maybe he was banned for some other argument he got into on here......maybe it was his mean snake icon that he kept posting.......who knows?
      But really I just wanna know in what way you think he is such a good guy and maintains "the most sociable activity on Hubpages".  ?  And hey, if they were to bring him back,  I know SEVERAL conservatives who should be brought back for sure!
      Actually,  I am all for that!-----a "universal" un-banning around Hubpages!    Bring back everyone who's ever been banned or "permanently" banned,  unless they did something illegal or so horrid to another person or etc. that Hubpages staff can't feasibly do so.  But other than that, give 'em another chance!    I seriously think that would be..........(I started to say "good" but I'm not so sure...).....I think that might be fair, though.

1. snakeslane profile image80
        snakeslaneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I would enjoy that. A free-for-all discussion, no holds barred.

1. profile image0

eh.......haha  no, not "no holds barred"!  There'd have to be some holds barred;  otherwise this site would self-destruct!   lol.    Just a second chance maybe....

Yes, of course...lol.

1. profile image0

....maybe a virtual first aid kit or medic standing by.............
              wink

2. HollieT profile image81
        HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

He maintains the most sociable activity on Hubpages because his hubs (or hub) are frequented more than the forums themselves. He's a good guy because even when he's had a run in with someone, he never deletes the comments they leave on his hub, never censors, always speaks his mind and always finds a way to come to some form of amicable agreement.

He has a generous spirit and a cracking sense of humour. He's a good guy!

1. profile image0

Now who are you talking about?   That doesn't even sound like the same guy.   haha.
          Well,  I'm glad there's been a change in his mode of discussion!   Thanks for replying.

9. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 10 years ago

Can I be Darla?
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8282815.jpg

10. paradigmsearch profile image59

NOT!  In both cases. lol

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/chbags12/otay1mx.jpg

What he said...

11. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I will not hear a word spoken against Randy. He is a genuine good guy, una buena persona, but he has been rather harshly treated by HP staff.

Then again, he never did learn when to shut up! lol

1. profile image0

Hey,  there's several good guys who've been sent to the corner and ain't been let out!
      BLACKANDGOLDJACK
      and
      Dave Mathews
      There are others too, some of whom are women.   The "corner" is gender tolerant.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is true also.

And Brenda, I think you are a good guy too smile

1. profile image0

Thank you.   I think.  lol.
          Eh....just put "good guy" in quotes, will ya,  so's people know "guy" is metaphorical when ya mention me specifically.    lol

Hey, I think you're a "good guy" too, IzzyM!  smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

Yeah of course, I am a woman also. I am a good guy or buena persona. You too, for sure!

12. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

I would like to recommend Cagsil as an all around good guy as well. 

If there is gonna be amnesty, Cags also deserves it!

smile

1. profile image0

Hey, let's not go overboard now!   
      LOL
      just kidding!

2. IzzyM profile image87

Where is Cags these days? Did he reach his forum posting maximum?

I believe he is serving a permanent forum ban.

I am not sure why.

Cags was a positive community member, IMO.

[[edit]]

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/101054? … ost2158892

13. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

Sorry to hear that.

I liked Cags despite everything.

14. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 10 years ago

I have another one.
    "A Texan"

1. IzzyM profile image87

Hell, I liked him too. Where is he these days

1. profile image0

Not sure.  I kinda lost touch.   But I miss his nice and witty self!

1. gmwilliams profile image84
          gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This forum is a PERFECT example of the forum experience-everyone getting along.  Love you all.
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8292633_f248.jpg

1. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

15. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 10 years ago

Randy Godwin is mean, nasty, stingy, and he eats boogers. Don't believe me? Ask his wife! Evil, I tells ya! lol lol lol

BTW, as far as banning goes, I'm against censorship for adults. I don't think anyone should be banned from the forums.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I do not think so either.  Forums are the place for discussion, not censorship.  Want Randy and Cagsil to RETURN to our forums!

16. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 10 years ago

I would reccomend this Hub for any new Randy Godwin follower(s). He is a smooth storyteller, and  the South is his domain, snakes 'n all... http://randygodwin.hubpages.com//hub/One-Mans-Fortune

17. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 10 years ago

Pretty sure I'm following him already. I don't understand his humor sometimes (I'll chalk it up to the generation gap) and we've had our spats, but he's a likeable old codger which is more than anyone can say about me!

Or me!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)