My account banned at Hubpages.com without any notification

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image31
    raggupta2posted 10 years ago

I find myself in very unfortunate position because of very unprofessional attitude being shown by Hubpages.

I've an account more than 2 years old (premprakashgupta) with 30+ hubs and another from my friend (Rahulsen). Total views more than 19000 with linked Adsense account.

Never copied any material
    No illegal activity
    No vulgarity/profanity
    No spun content
    No trickery

2 days backs I tried publishing a high quality hub many times, which was being rejected for some silly reason I think( long paragraphs). But subsequently both accounts were banned.

In vVolations, it is unable to report any. I was not informed of any violations/warnings.

I've tried contacting Hubpages but no response till now.

Indeed unprofessional behavior.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If your hub was being rejected multiple times it was not a "high quality hub" and was not rejected for "silly reasons".  It was rejected because it did not follow HP guidelines.

It is quite possible the repeatedly trying to publish a substandard hub has put you in the "spammer" category.  A polite request to HP asking for specifics might get you reinstated but if you continue to try and publish hubs outside their guidelines you will probably be banned again.

You will not likely get a response from HP until tomorrow, when there is someone in the office to make a response.

1. profile image31
        raggupta2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've already mentioned that mine was high quality hub which i was trying publish. I'll post a link of it tomorrow.

Yes, I know you said that - you also said the HP did not agree with your assessment of it's quality and refused to publish it.

Their site, their rules and their concept of quality takes priority over yours.

1. fpherj48 profile image60
            fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Raggupta.....Just a little story for you to read:    As children, my sister and I had many chores to do, to contribute to the good of our home and family as a unit.  Our mother, the BOSS, gave us a specific list and had taken the time to explain HOW these things were to be done to HER satisfaction.   Quite often, when we were done, we thought we had done a complete and excellent job...."High Quality," so to speak.  It did absolutely NO good, to protest.
            Funny thing, but just as often, upon the Boss's inspection, we missed the mark, here and there and we'd be damned if the boss didn't know exactly the short cuts and tricks we played in order to get these unacceptable results.   
            Did I mention we were in the Boomer era?   Kids had no "options" and little if any, negotiating rights.  DOING IT OVER, until it was done correctly was the rule.   We followed the rules in those days, btw.  It never killed us......in fact, quite the contrary.
            Receiving an "allowance," was unheard of, except that our clever and loving Mom would say...."In our house, your "allowance" is that because you share in the house work, you're "allowed" to live here and be part of the family."   To this day, I believe the woman was a genius.
            P.S.  With a score of "44,".....you may want to hold up on the criticism.

1. LaThing profile image59
              LaThingposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great advice, Paula! smile

2. Sue B. profile image94
      Sue B.posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I personally have found Hubpages to be very helpful and reasonable.  I have been surprised how quickly an actual person responds to me.  Each time I had a violations issue, they were either able to give me feedback on how to correct it or were able to override the automatic violations setting.

Instead of posting in the forum, I would recommend contacting them via email and asking how best to correct the issue.

1. VictoriaSheffield profile image83
        VictoriaSheffieldposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great point! I never really contacted them, I just revised my articles and they usually feature my Hubs. I had this one Hub that no matter how many times I revised it, they just would not except it. I did not trip at all because I am happy to have the opportunity to write for Hubpages and I understand that this is their show and I must follow ALL rules!

1. Sue B. profile image94
          Sue B.posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it is important to note that the violations are automatic.  Although they are able to review your situation and override the violation issue, they can't do this if you don't tell them! smile

2. LaThing profile image59
        LaThingposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you, Sue. I had a problem with one of my poem and I emailed them. Hubpage staff was very helpful. He pinpointed the problem and I fixed it! That's all it took smile

2. Hamshi profile image67
    Hamshiposted 10 years ago

Sorry to hear that. I had a look at the cached pages of some of your hubs and one immediate thing I noticed was the word count. Some had less than 400 and some less than 300 words in total. They were also very confusing to understand for some reason.

HubPages added the older hubs to their Quality Assessment process recently which means older hubs will also go  through it in order to get old low quality content out of the site and I guess that's what happened here. hmm I'm just guessing though.

You can read about it here: http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/05/update … -all-hubs/

1. profile image31

Well banning is extreme option. My blogs are in the field I've worked. I don't expect you to understand blog meant for a webmaster.

1. Cardisa profile image88
        Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is not a blog, more alike a magazine site. Maybe you treating your HP account like a blog is the problem. Try contacting them again, remember this the weekend so it may take a couple days. Try again tomorrow.

1. profile image31

But actually I never wrote any blogs. They won't allow this. They moderate almost all of initial hubs.

2. VictoriaSheffield profile image83

This is interesting to me because I haven't had many Hubs not to be featured but I have noticed from exploring other Hubs that some of them are very short under 500 words and low quality in my opinion. To be honest I feel that if I tried this Hubpages would not feature my Hubs so in the back of my mind I wonder how could this happen. I wish I could take a look at those Hubs because I would give my honest opinion. i know not every Hub is for everyone to understand but usually another experienced writer can tell if the quality is poor or not.

3. VictoriaSheffield profile image83
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 10 years ago

You are not the only one this happened to. I happen to know another lady that was banned. She was not notified but I could clearly see that she had violations. The only thing that surprised me was that she had been with them for years and they had to have known about these violations because the Hubs were published. I noticed that there were things that she published on her hubs like links to her website that if I tried to publish they would not allow me to so this one is mind boggling??? There are many other places that will allow you to write articles so stay encouraged and maybe you can move your content to these other places???

What you need to understand is that the older hubs before tow or so years ago would not be picked up by the filters. there are still some hubs with violations on the site, hence the QAP. This was brought into effect because the other system did not work 100%. That's why her hubs were still published. If she had one or two hubs with violations she would not have been banned. She must have had multiple violations.

I thought about that! She had many!

4. VictoriaSheffield profile image83

You are not the only one this happened to. I happen to know another lady that was banned. She was not notified but I could clearly see that she had violations. The only thing that surprised me was that she had been with them for years and they had to have known about these violations because the Hubs were published. I noticed that there were things that she published on her hubs like links to her website that if I tried to publish they would not allow me to so this one is mind boggling??? There are many other places that will allow you to write articles so stay encouraged and maybe you can move your content to these other places???

1. profile image31

Which are those places? I want to move to other platform like Hubpages who also provide:
      1) SEO optimization
      2) Quality metrics
      3) Adsense etc affiliations
      4) Mobile site etc

Go to the site owned by raggupta2 - it will have all those things as soon as the site owner puts some work into them.

The point is that you are wanting a site with no rules but supplies lots of behind the scenes support.  For free, no less.

You are unlikely to find one.  Best either accept a site with near nothing in the way of support or follow the rules of the site that does have support.

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 10 years ago

According to point number five of the HubPages Terms Of Use,

By accepting the terms of service, you accepted the above which does not say any warning or advance notice is necessary.  You might also want to read the following,
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubsdeleted

Also, creating new accounts to circumvent being banned automatically is grounds for the new account(s) being banned.

Another good reason for us to carefully read everything!

Another good reason for us to carefully read everything!

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I would guess the repeated rejection of your hubs was intended to constitute "notification" that you account might be closed. I would suggest also checking for Hubpages email in your spam folder.

7. ktnptl profile image76
    ktnptlposted 10 years ago

I didn't knew HP accounts gets banned too.
    Does anyone know what are the reasons HP account can get banned?

You have to check into the rules and guidelines.

3. VictoriaSheffield profile image83

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 10 years ago

Victoria, did you know that making lots of duplicate forum posts can result in a temporary forum ban?

9. VictoriaSheffield profile image83

I did not make the duplicates if you are referring to the same exact post but I noticed that one of my post sort of posted double or do you mean making several post on the same topic? I usually don't engage maybe I will get back to sticking to myself! smile I did not know that!

10. VictoriaSheffield profile image83

I did not make the duplicates if you are referring to the same exact post but I noticed that one of my post sort of posted double or do you mean making several post on the same topic? I usually don't engage maybe I will get back to sticking to myself! smile I did not know that!

It keeps happening! I am not duplicating these post!

You can delete the duplicates within the 24 hour window. Just click on more than delete. Do it before the time runs out, it looks spammy.

thanks!

some of them won't delete!

11. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

That duplicate thing happened to me, too, today on another forum. Coincidence? It wouldn't go through on first click.

12. Marie Flint profile image72
    Marie Flintposted 10 years ago

For what it's worth, the Hub Pages Team have always gotten back to me quickly after emailing them about a question or problem I had. I refrain from emailing them too often, though, unless I'm really stuck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)