Leviticus 12

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 10 years ago

I understand that Leviticus 12 is God's direction through Moses to the Israelites and doesn't pertain to the rest of us. However I think this text illustrates perfectly how hypocritical some REAL Christians can be.

Women gives birth to a boy = unclean for 7 days + wait 33 days to be purified.

Women gives birth to a girl = unclean for 14 days + wait 66 days to be purified.

Then she must bring a year-old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a dove for a sin offering. The priest shall offer them before the Lord to make atonement for her, and then she will be ceremonially clean from her flow of blood.

Why is she twice as unclean if she gives birth to a girl?

What sin has she committed that animals have to die to atone for the sin?

Does anyone really think any God was involved here?

If any of you don't follow these laws why would you condemn homosexuals because of laws given to Moses regarding homosexuality among the Israelites. Leviticus 20 13 is directed towards the Israelites. Do any of you who preach that homosexuals should be put to death also follow Leviticus 12 after child birth?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sure, God was involved.  He was the one that designed and built the woman's body to BE unclean in the first place.  He not only built women that way, He also ORDERED them to commit the evil that makes them unclean (Genesis 1:28).

They only follow laws against homosexuals because they don't like the practice themselves.  Being unclean and innately evil or sinful is NOT something they wish, so ignore the scripture for that part.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Pardon me if I get radical. I don't think a real god had anything to do with the Israelites in the Old Testament. I think humanity may have been the first test-tube babies created on earth by an advanced civilization, maybe even space aliens, who purported themselves to be gods to their new subjects. (Reference Sitchen, Von Daniken, et al) The gods could then claim anyone unclean whom they wished. Since this was a patriarchal society, it was put upon the female gender.  These gods had their own tribes following them, and the god the Isralites called JHVH or Jehovah was their "true god" as opposed to his nemesis, Baal. A real creator God would not have made such a distinction or put such trials and tribulations upon the people.
      It is ridiculous and stupid for so-called "intelligent" people of today to still be influenced by these laws of 4,000 years ago. Perhaps there really is a "God gene" after all.

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the "God gene" is the same gene that makes some more gullible than others?

2. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Is it more intelligent to think ALIENS did it than God? Make more logical sense that it was just natural evolution. (Which doesn't mean I don't believe in God, because I do.)

I don't know about being more intelligent, but Occams Razor says it is likely the right answer.  With zero data, it's as good an answer as any other.

1. janesix profile image60

Really? Not seeing how aliens creating life here on Earth is more likely than natural evolution.

I could be misunderstanding your post though.

1. profile image0

The origin of life has little or nothing to do with evolution.

Well I know THAT:)

But what do you think is the origin of life, if not evolution? I thought you were an atheist I might be missing your point somewhere along the line, or making assumptions.

1. profile image0

I have no idea how life started, perhaps the hole soup thing makes sense as tests have been done that confirms the possibility. Perhaps a meteor can smashing down with the building blocks. I don't see the logic in Aliens dropping the building off purposefully, but perhaps accidentally.

I think it's a possibility, by logic, that life could have been seeded here. But then, who seeded that life? And who seeded that alien planet? Seems more likely it just started here (as easily as it could have started anywhere else). I think life is much easier to create(or just happen accidentally) than billions of years.

2. wilderness profile image96

We were seeded as a food source for another species.  One day, when the soup bowl is full enough, they will be back to harvest.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

None of us know for sure. I believe in the existence of a higher power that seeds planets and I believe in alien intervention. The research in old Mesopotamian records done by such as Von Daniken  and Sitchen say that the Anunnaki and the Nephilim (mentioned in the Old Testament) mixed their DNA with that of the Neanderthals to create homo sapiens, and that is why there is no missing link. Sitchin even goes on to say that these Anunnaki and Nephilim believed in a God whom they called "I Am that I Am". There are two names for god mentioned in the old testament (other than Baal and the false gods), I Am that I Am and JVHV (Jehovah). I see no reason that we have to choose between god seeding and alien creation because the Anunnaki may have improved upon what was already here. If that sounds far-fetched, just think about the fact that our scientists are doing just that in their medical research and experiments with DNA.

2. wilderness profile image96

On requires that life (known to exist in this universe) grew elsewhere, and that it was intelligent (something we know happens).  It requires nothing new, nothing particularly comples.

The other requires another complete universe, something never seen before.  It requires a totally different type of life, with only one intelligence in the entire universe.  It requires that that creature found a way to create universes and did so.  And it requires that the creature from another universe did it in order to have pets.  MUCH more complex, MUCH further outside anything we know.  And Occams razor says the simplest answer is likely the right one - the simplest answer is not another whole universe.  It is intelligent life, developing in THIS universe just as we did.

Why would evolution require an entirely new universe?

Life had to start somewhere. I don't see why it couldn't have just started here.

I must be missing your point entirely.

1. profile image0

Comparing life coming from aliens and life coming from a God.

Ok, sorry. I was missing your point.

I thought we were comparing natural evolution to life being seeded through aliens.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

Wilderness, I can't reply directly to your last couple of posts referring to the program on Stonehenge, but I saw it -- twice in fact. They basically said that the builders beat out the Egyptians. That there was a race now lost to the world that built Stonehenge. They hinted that it may have been aliens or the builders may have been aided by aliens because primitive natives would not have had the ability to quarry and lift these enormous stones. Watch for it if you want to see it because it will recycle again soon. Or if you have On Demand, look for History Channel programs with the word "Stonehenge" in the title.

Thanks - we have On Demand and I will do that.  I seldom use it and forget I can do that.

While not real interested in the possibilities of aliens (I find it highly unlikely), I am quite interested in the latest thinking about the reasons for Stonehenge.  Observatory, burial site, "church", why was such immense labor put into the project?

If you can't reply, are you in the "threaded" view (top right of screen)?  "Chronological" will always let you reply if you can find the post that way.  Pay attention to the time it was posted and switch over.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm not too swift about HP settings. They are trying to conclude that Stonehenge was built as an astronomical observatory.

2. Marie Flint profile image71
    Marie Flintposted 10 years ago

That was under the Aries dispensation. Jesus brought in the Piscean dispensation, and we are now in the Aquarian dispensation under Saint Germain. We have to live in the present.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

Now you're talking real spirituality, Marie. and there are those who still want to cling to the concept of duality of Aries and Pisces. I don't think the average person has figured out how to get his feet firmly on the ground yet. But humanity still has a couple of hundred to 300 more years to find its grounding in the age of Aquarius.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)