Filing DMCA

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image60
    Roohi Khanposted 10 years ago

Hi,

I just realized that one of my hubs has been stolen by a site. I was trying to file a DMCA with Google but not sure what to select in the options.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image83
      RachaelOhalloranposted 10 years agoin reply to this

wilderness has a good hub with details.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Copying-Article … nt-Removed

and Hubpages Learning Center has more here:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

I usually select
      "web search"
      then select "I have a legal issue  not mentioned above"
      then
      "I have found content that violates my copyright"
      then
      "Yes I am the copyright holder"
      then select
      "Other" if it is a hub
      or Image if it is a photo

If it is a hubber on Hubpages who stole it, the above does not apply. Contact HP.

2. profile image60

Hi Rachel, It is not a hubber and it is a different site.

3. profile image60

Thanks, Rachel. I will try the option that you mentioned. I found that bing also has an online form now. Again, I had no idea what to do here. Any suggestions?

follow the two links I gave you. First locate the owner of the site using the whois directions, contact and request them to take it down. If you don't get an answer or a satisfactory answer, then follow the rest of the directions to file with Google  to get your results.

1. profile image60
        Roohi Khanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I did try contacting the site and the Whois domain. No success there. I have submitted with Google Search but not sure what to fill for Bing.

Go with Google and give it some time - I've waited as little as 4 hours and as long as 4 weeks.  Bing? I've never filed with them, usually Google was enough.
          Someone else reading this may have better advice for you. I file a lot of DMCA's - about 40 per month average - and I am only familiar with Google and Wordpress rules for filing.

1. profile image60

Wow! 40 per month is quite a number!

Thanks for helping out with Google. I have filed with them.

I hope someone else can give a suggestion on Bing.

You are welcome. I wouldn't worry too much about Bing unless their site ranks higher than yours on that search results. Is It?

If it does, then type in Google search box:
              "Filing DMCA with Bing" 

and see what you get. 

As for Hubpages, I have found the hubbers here are very helpful. There is always someone who can contribute more to what anyone else comments because either they have been here longer or else they file lots more than I do. lol   

Good luck and I hope you get some results.

1. profile image60

Actually I rank quite well on Google and Bing for almost 6 keywords for that hub and they rank quite low.

But it is my work and I don't want them to use it!

I was actually reading another article on their site and saw an article on my hub's topic. When I clicked the link, I realized the content was mine. They did not remove the article from their site when I requested but at least I can get them deindexed.

Yes, I agree with you. It's funny the different ways we come across finding our work. I usually Google select sentences to see what comes up and that's how I find the works on other sites.  I also google screen  name and some titles and find work that way too.
                  I say go for it!  Winning is a good feeling. I hope you win. smile

1. profile image60

I just received a reply from the site and look at the words

"The article was submitted by someone and with the name of where ever they sent it from, it was not "STOLEN" to make money or anything. I don't understand people like you who put up stuff on web and then cry about it when someone else share it!!?? Why bother posting it in the first place if you are so worried about your online "REVENUE"??"

Amazing!! The site goes about by the name of sanskriti magazine [dot]com and I realized that they just pick articles randomly from the web and place it on their site for the purpose of "sharing". All the articles on their site have been picked up like this. I think other Hubbers should also take a look at this site to make sure that their article was not "shared".

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As I've said before, there is absolutely no point in finding the owner on whois and asking them to take it down.

If the owner of the site is genuine, they will have a "contact" form on the site, so use that.   If there is no contact form on the site, then the owner is trying to avoid their responsibilities and emailing them direct isn't likely to achieve anything.  Go to Whois, find the host and report straight to them. 

That will save you a lot of time.

4. profile image60

Hi Marisa, Thanks for your reply. I could not find the hosting company through Whois so I did report to Google.

If there was a way to report the site to Adsense they would probably learn a lesson once their revenue gets hit. Is there a way to do that?

you did it when you filed with Google. I always mention they are an Adsense account holder, and that gets attention in the consideration.

1. profile image60

They stole the entire article word-by-word. The only thing they changed was the article title and nothing else.

I am glad I reported them. I hope Google takes action against them.

whatever you do, do not take your hub down. It has to be live when Google looks for it.

1. profile image67
            BetterAliveposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I won't take it down. That's for sure. But the site owner is really quite pathetic. Stealing content and yet not accepting it!!! Instead, sends me a threatening email!

yeah, unfortunately God made idiots too, so we have to allow for that. lol

2. profile image60

Thanks to the moderators on my behalf too!

Deleted

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)