Intelligent Design

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 9 years ago

I ran across this interesting interview with Ken Miller, a Christian scientist, and I'd like to here some thoughts on the interview.

http://youtu.be/Et1oOo_rLpU

1. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mr. bBerean. I've updated my post. I guess thinking I pasted it in and pasting it in are two separate things. I would like your thoughts.

Thanks Rad.  It will be much later.  I was hoping for an article I could peruse as time allows.  33 min for a video will have to be sometime tonight.  I will chime in when I can though.

1. profile image0

Here is where I found the link, it contains a brief description of the interview.

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com … evolution/

Thanks Rad. That I can have open in one of many windows and incorporate it into my normal ADD rotation.  wink

1. profile image0

We are obviously more alike than one would think.

Hey, I learned a long time ago not to fight it.  It can actually almost be a very productive advantage if managed properly. When I was a kid it was called wrestless, or fidgety.  Thank goodness for multiple large monitors and windows.  wink

1. profile image0

All my report cards contained the phrase, "daydreams excessively". The problem was I had more interesting things going on in my head than what the teacher was saying.

2. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 9 years ago

Theistic Evolution flies in the face of both "theories".
    Nice waste of reading & video time.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Why?

1. profile image0

He obviously didn't bother even looking at them.

1. profile image0

I wonder if he is a 6000 year old earth adherent.

1. profile image0

We know they are out there, but none seem to want to admit to it.

1. profile image0

How many do you think? I do know one idiot who explained to me that Noah took baby dinosaurs on the ark; but he's in a very, very minor sect/cult. I don't know that many even within his congregation would agree with him.

1. profile image0
                1. profile image0

Wow. Did you see they charge $30 admission? Butt holes.

2. Disappearinghead profile image59
                Disappearingheadposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ask a creationist where the dinosaurs are now if Noah had them on the Ark, it's most amusing. Ah they all died out shortly afterwards. What all of them?

1. profile image0

Actually, the guy I was talking about thinks they are still around. Deep in the woods, I guess

2. Sed-me profile image80
                  Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Did they not have School House Rocks in the UK? Everybody knows they melted into the ground and now we siphon them out for oil.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59

So why did Noah waste his time with baby dinosaurs if they were all going to die out?

No I've never heard of school house rock, had to Google it.

2. profile image0

Pretty sure that Rock show was wrong. I could be wrong, but I thought we didn't think oil was from dinosaurs anymore.

3. profile image0

Yes, and they somehow created fossil fuel within a few thousand years.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
                    Paul Wingertposted 9 years agoin reply to this

But anything is possible with God! Except he can't forgive the sin he placed on great grandma (to the 32rd power) Eve or show himself!

aka-djposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As opposed to what "scientists believe", took aeons.
                    First microscopic dead biological matter collecting on the bottom of a pool, that, when buried 2-3 miles under rock, it cooks into crude oil.
                    Yepp. That's the best explanation!

Just in case you want to ridicule me for making it up, here's my source;
                    http://www.livescience.com/33087-how-oi … oleum.html

ID proposes God created everything as per Genesis, in which all was complete (and good). Nothing was left to "evolve".

Evolution states that God is not necessary for the process to "create" what now is.

The link proposes some strange synthesis of the two.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59

And thus tigers, tyrannosaurus rex, and great white sharks were originally vegetarians.

It's the fishy one that has always confused me. If light from the sun barely penetrates a few metres of the sea sufficient for seaweed to grow, how is it that creationists think all animals were vegetarian before the fall? What did deep sea fish eat if not other fish? Unless of course you don't classify fish as animals or carnivorous.

2. profile image0

Here we have a theist trying to make your argument and you think that a waste of time?

1. aka-dj profile image64

Not my argument.
        I don't hold a "God-guided-evolution" model.
        Never have.

3. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

Rad, I listened to the first few minutes. Good stuff. That comes close to my own worldview on the topic.

Evolution is part of God's intelligence imbedded in physical matter.

California scientists several years ago found that smashing a few simple chemicals at meteoric velocities added complexity to the mix, bringing the chemicals closer to those of life. How cool is that.

I find it funny that some scientists think they already know it all, but the restraint in skepticism was supposed to prevent that kind of "full cup" arrogance.

There are many things we still don't know. I only recently discovered that the Bible was written in code by Kabbalists, and most Jews and Christians don't know the code. Atheists don't know squat about the Bible. There's more to learn.

As a scientist, engineer, artist and spiritual searcher of Truth, I'm always learning new things. That takes a degree of humility. And that's not always easy.

1. Sed-me profile image80
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you mind if I ask where you learned this?

2. Paul Wingert profile image60

Actually atheists know more about the Bible an any religious group combined. That's how most became atheists!

3. Paul Wingert profile image60

"Evolution is part of God's intelligence imbedded in physical matter." LMAO! God would have to have a higher level of intelligence that what he was creating! So far I'm not impressed. Let's hear the lame excuses for our imaginary sky daddy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)