Easy To Understand Bibles?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Kain 360 profile image92
    Kain 360posted 9 years ago

Although I am a spiritual agnostic theist (or whatever I am), tongue I am still interested in finding a good bible that is easy to understand, but not oversimplified either.

I've had a few bibles before when I was a kid, but they were either for children or were too hard to understand (written weird).What are some good bible books?

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Kain, the Bible (at least the Pentateuch [first 5 books]) was written in code by Kabbalists. In fact, I discovered about 15 years ago, the Kabbalists' "Tree of Life" matrix embedded in 2 chapters of Genesis.

Simple? Hardly. Every "simple Bible" is going to give you misinterpretation of code they don't understand and likely don't even know exists. Nearly every other Bible is going to get it wrong, too. Some are bad mistranslations and lead you further astray.

I wrote a book which scratches the surface of code I discovered, but even I didn't know what I was getting into. I've started to study authentic Kabbalah (not the hokey, Hollywood, New Age junk) and it's all about the First Law of which Christ spoke -- to love others as ourselves.

The book: http://tharsishighlands.com/books/thebi … m_noah.php

A short video: http://perceivingreality.com

The video introduces what it all about underneath the facade of stories.

Kain 360posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I watched that video. Pretty enigmatic!

2. Sed-me profile image78
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hola Senor Kain.
      A lot of ppl really enjoy The Message. It is a translation of the Bible with the numbers removed. So no John 1:1, just the book of John. It would read more the way it did originally. You might enjoy it, I have heard it's quite lovely. smile

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ … dition=new

Kain 360posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

2. Doc Young profile image60
    Doc Youngposted 9 years ago

Kain, as hard as it might seem to understand, the Authorized King James is the version to have. It is the benchmark from which all the present day Bibles have strayed. 

And granted, it will at times be challenging.  Two suggestions here: 1) before you start reading or before you look for outside help, ask God to open your understanding; 2) find a good commentary that will help you over the rough spots until you get a good foundation.  Might I suggest J. Vernon McGee.  He is "down to earth" and straight forward.  You can even listen to him on mp3 at https://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/ and go through the Bible with his dialogue.

Of course, don't expect to understand it all.  God will give you the understanding necessary for the moment and help you move on.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"Authorized King James " version.  If I might ask, authorized by whom?  The same church collecting your tithes?

1. Doc Young profile image60
        Doc Youngposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It was "authorized" by King James of England about 1604 during one of the doctrinal and verbal wars between the Roman Catholic church and the non-catholics.  Its also called the KJV, KJB, AV.  The main purpose was to make print a Bible the folks could read, in English.  There is a lot more to the story but that is the basic.  Actually had nothing to do with money, which is, as you politely put it, was and is a driving factor in many supposed churches.

There is little spiritual value in the new versions as they are just opinions of some folks, usually individuals.  So they might be considered commentaries, maybe, but even that is stretching.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Unless I'm badly mistaken, The King of England was the church.  Which is what I said, authorized by the church collecting your tithes.   Can't say as I see that as much of an endorsement.

1. Doc Young profile image60
            Doc Youngposted 9 years agoin reply to this

... i guess stretching it one could say that people being allowed to read the Bible might make them more interested in church which would generate funds yet I have not seen any writings toward that bent ... the King, a devote Christian and set against the RCC's system, Puritan ideology and Presbyterian format, had a main interest of allowing the masses access to the Book which was not allowed by the RCC ("Papists").  The scripts used were not political documents and the debacle of Geneva Bible, trying to make a political Bible, was forbidden ... there were at least 4 major denominations involved ... but this is all available history ... so ... as much as we have been programed by the churches in regards to tithes, givings, offerings and such, the KJV does not appear to have been put into the works with any monetary intent ... and the King was pretty clear that he and the church of England would not interfere ...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)