Site Contact

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)
  1. dwelburn profile image92
    dwelburnposted 9 years ago

Does anyone know how to contact a site with no contact details available on the site? I want to contact sarenvers.com with a DMCA complaint as they have stolen one of my hubs. It's listed as being written by a James Jackson, but when I click on his name I just go to more of his articles. I've tried a WHOIS search but got nothing meaningful from it. Is there any way to contact such a site? Also there appears to be no information as to the hosting company either. Thank you for any help you can give.

1. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The website host is ColoCrossing.  Send your DMCA notice to: dmca@colocrossing.com

(You can usually find the host by searching on www.whoishostingthis.com.)

1. Maffew James profile image94
        Maffew Jamesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Alternatively, use traceroute to trace it right to the source.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and they will even file the DMCA for you.

dwelburnposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks TIMETRAVELLER I haven't looked at traceroute yet. Will do so as soon as I have a bit of time.

2. dwelburn profile image92

Thank you both for that. That's really useful.

Do you know if the format for the DMCA notice is the same when sending it to the host (or Google) as it is when sending it to the website? I sent one to another site who have also stolen one of my hubs with the following wording:

Subject: DMCA Complaint

I am writing to you to avail myself of my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This letter is a Notice of Infringement as authorized in ยง512 of the U.S. Copyright Law.

The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on:

http://dwelburn.hubpagesdotcom/hub/The- … uscle-Fast

The following page infringes on my copyrighted work:

http://www.musclesitedotblogspot.co.uk/ … -fast.html

My contact information is as follows:

dwelburn1@hotmail.com

I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

David Welburn

(I've replaced the . with dot so that the links don't come up here). Is that about right? Thanks again.

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
      SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As WriterFox said, just file it with the hosting company, don't bother trying to contact the 'owner' of the website/blog, it's just a waste of your time.

One thing I would add, maybe you left it out on purpose, is that you should include your full real name, postal address and phone number.

No I did not know that SpaceShanty. Thank you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Most hosting companies have an official form (or at least an official format) which you have to use.

The best way to find it is to Google the name of the host and DMCA (e.g. "GoDaddy DMCA")

Thank you Marisa. I did not know that either. I will give that a go. Wish people would make things simpler though; does it really matter if you don't follow a specific format?

3. Act 3 profile image77
    Act 3posted 9 years ago

sarenvers(dot)com was a problem a few months back. They had stolen hubs from a lot of hubbers. It took me several attempts to get any action, but it looks like they have changed hosts since then. They may have just moved the whole thing. Based on the number of articles they have. I am sure lots of other hubbers can still find their work there.

So did they eventually take your hubs down Act 3? I only found it because I got a copy message on my HP accounts page. Two came up at the same time on different sites. I have not been looking for them.

4. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

You could try whois.com. I've used it once or twice in past.

Thanks Arachnea; I have tried whois.com.

5. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 9 years ago

I'm always amazed at the help available on HP forums for stolen content. Bravo. You have all you need now to get these thieves taken off, if only temporarily.
    I was helped when it happened to me.
    I wish you well. Having your work stolen is a pain, ongoing.
    The more we tell people about the cheats and plagiarists the better.

Thanks Chef. Yes it is a pain. I wish people would simply behave responsibly and not do it.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

A lot of these thieves have Facebook pages.  See if you can find him, click on report button, and report him for stealing content.

Had not thought of that Linda. I'll look into that too. Thanks.

7. dwelburn profile image92

My second stolen article (hub) is on a blogger blog (blogspot.co.uk). So am I right in thinking that all I can do is report this direct to Google? I have done this so hope that's right. Thanks.

1. joanhall profile image86
      joanhallposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had a story plagiarized on a Blogger blog once.  I reported to Google and they took quick action (I think within a couple of days it was gone).

Thanks Joan; that's good to know. Glad you got that sorted out.

2. lisavollrath profile image94
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you Google "DMCA Google", you should get the page where you can file the complaint.

Yes I did that; thanks. It took a while to find the right page though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)