Stats are going backwards!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (29 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years ago

I just checked my traffic sources and saw that my numbers are going backwards in several areas!  That's a first!

1. lisavollrath profile image94
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

For those of you who are answering about losing traffic, that's not what this post is about.

We're seeing negative page view numbers (-6, -3) in some of our Traffic Sources listings.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is too strange and my first such experience here.  I didn't notice your post on the issue here and therefore I too put a post on similar concern.  It is even stranger that no official communication or reply coming from HP staff on this grave issue. Let's hope for the best and wait for some good news, at least an official acknowledgement or reply for  dwindling traffic ASAP.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image69
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There are current known site issues that we are working to resolve.
      You can find information and future updates here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2648799

Thank you for your continued patience!

2. MikeMoser profile image52
    MikeMoserposted 9 years ago

Mine dropped 97% in 7 days.....  Horrible

TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You misunderstand...I'm not talking about losing ranking and page views, I'm talking about the traffic sources page...I am seeing minus signs on numbers that should not have them because they already were established...how can you have a -7 for a traffic source???  Server problems again?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image61
        Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've never seen that..maybe  you should copy it and send it to the hubpages team.

2. lisavollrath profile image94
        lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I also have some negative numbers in my stats listing.

3. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years ago

According to Hubpages I'm down 65%..just deplorable.  I'm so frustrated..just when I was finally doing well.

1. MikeMoser profile image52
      MikeMoserposted 9 years agoin reply to this

One hub went from 166 views a day down to 9  with a hub score of 91 ????

2. janshares profile image95
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm down 69%, best money-making hubs appear to be down more than that, maybe 80-90%. It is sad, will never be able to make up what is lost. But I am glad stats are updating so we can access the damage.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Janshares:  This is what happened to me exactly one month prior to it happening to everybody  else, but my circumstances were different.  Then, after the Panda thing hit, I lost another 50%...it just seems to be getting worse by the day.  Some people still claim they are not being affected and others aren't saying anything, but this is very, very bad I think.

1. misterhollywood profile image89
          misterhollywoodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The one GOOD item of news is that Wikihow and E-How got mauled by the Panda. I'm so delighted to see those sites take a hit.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image93
            Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I loathe Wikihow. Ugly as sin, always poorly written and always at the top.

1. misterhollywood profile image89
              misterhollywoodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh I loathe Wiki-stank:) my hubs are way more informative than the crap they have up. I'm not sure why the Panda updates didn't claw them before.

2. Rhonda Lytle profile image66
          Rhonda Lytleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right about the very, very bad, especially if someone like Brie is taking a dive in numbers.  I don't think I ever read an article by her that did not truly impress me and that's saying something.

It stands to reason the negative numbers are a totally separate issue than the nose dive in traffic as the nose dive is possible and negative view numbers is physically not. 

I'm looking for a hard solution to be proposed by staff within the next days, two weeks tops.  Making changes and waiting for the next PANDA update to see if it works is not an option.  Something has to happen fast and waiting a month just to see what happens is also not an option.  They know that and have to be watching the dollars fly out of their wallets. 

It will be very interesting to see what they propose.

Wow Rhonda, what a compliment, thank you.

I am slightly hopeful, I must say.  I do believe that Hubpages is working to correct this..so.. I am trying to be patient.  Having said that, I haven't written anything since things have crashed.  Hard to get motivated when looking at these stats.

1. Rhonda Lytle profile image66
              Rhonda Lytleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are most welcome and it is deserved.  I've been following you as Poetvix for a long time.  Discouraging is the word.  That's for sure.  I hope, truly hope, this is dealt with soon. 

It is the possible niche thing folks are talking about that bothers me the most about the PANDA update.  I have too many articles that are not related on both accounts.  To move them among what would come to about five different accounts or blogs to niche them all would take a lot of work and then tons of time to recover.  I dare say I'm not alone in that boat. 

Not that it matters, but it annoys me to no end to think of the idea that a person should be so limited.  The concept is offensive that a person can only be knowledgeable in one area.  Most folks have varied interests, hobbies, related skills.  It's healthy.  This having to group everything under a domain just for it is insulting to the intelligence of everyone, in my opinion.  Sure it might filter out some weak content but it is filtering out a lot of good content too, if that is the problem as some have suggested.

It truly makes me question the intelligence of letting mathematically set computer algorithms determine what folks do or do not see when they do searches for information.  The implications for such issues as censorship, social programming and control, freedom of speech and access to information, and the dumbing down of humanity come screaming to mind.  I need to shut it now or I'm about to go off about absolute power, the social elite and manipulation of the net to the detriment of mankind.

Oh my, then you would sound just like me!

3. janshares profile image95
          jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

TIMETRAVELER2, very bad indeed. I do want to remain hopeful while I "assess" the damage. But the reality is what is lost (earnings, views, rank) is lost. We will have to work even harder to make it up. Do I have time to work harder? No. sad
          Misterhollywood, thanks for the info about the widespread nature of this crisis. It is so unfair and confusing that lesser quality sites are outranking us. I don't get that at all.
          Brie, I'm with you, apprehensive about writing any new hubs if it's likely they won't get searched. I will wait this out before creating any new hubs, unless someone who knows for sure says that "new, fresh content" will help pull us out of the abyss.

4. Jayne Lancer profile image93
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

I'm seeing the same. I wonder if there's a logical explanation.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I am seeing the minus signs as well in Traffic Sources.

6. misterhollywood profile image89
    misterhollywoodposted 9 years ago

Search Engine land has a "Panda Losers" blog post up and HP is mentioned. -46% traffic dip.

What's the link?

7. blueheron profile image92
    blueheronposted 9 years ago

I had a really good summer of pages views being about twice what they'd been before. Now they've dropped back to where they were. Plus pay per click seems to be down.

8. gottaloveit2 profile image63
    gottaloveit2posted 9 years ago

Is that because the updates come every 9 hours, maybe?

9. gottaloveit2 profile image63
    gottaloveit2posted 9 years ago

Is that because the updates come every 9 hours, maybe?

10. tillsontitan profile image84
    tillsontitanposted 9 years ago

Hopefully HP updates will change some of the negativity we're seeing.

11. MikeMoser profile image52
    MikeMoserposted 9 years ago

We had sites hit with the lovely Google updates starting October 5th of 2013...all lethal..... Panda ..Penguin... From seeing how none of the sites ever came back even close to what the were per hit.... It would be a safe bet to say HP may be SOL. Google doesn't love HP no more... I'm taking my ball and leaving. Thanks Google...another big fish in your net. Hope you are happy. Bye.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)