Defending Barack Obama. Is it possible?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)
  1. cjhunsinger profile image60
    cjhunsingerposted 9 years ago

On Sept. 11 2012, Islamic militants attacked the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya killing four American citizens. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and the US Ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice lied to the American people repeatedly, in that, the attack was caused by a video.
    “The Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration.” It was not.
    “Not even a smidgen of corruption.” In an interview with Bill O'Reilly Obama stated that there was no corruption involving the IRS, before the investigation was complete.
    "You can keep your own Doctor." " You Can keep your own insurance plan."  "Your insurance costs will go down by $2,500." You cannot keep your own doctor and you cannot keep your own insurance plan and your costs have gone up.
    “I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits — either now or in the future.” (Remarks by President Obama to a Joint Session of Congress, September 9, 2009) By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Wednesday, October 9, 2013
    "President Obama likes to say that raising the nation’s borrowing limit “won’t add a dime” to the federal debt, but he neglects to mention that the government already has borrowed the equivalent of more than 60 trillion dimes since he took office.

When Mr. Obama became president in January 2009, the total federal debt stood at $10.6 trillion. This week, it hit $16.7 trillion — an increase of 57 percent. In the same time frame under President George W. Bush, total federal debt rose 38 percent. Under President Clinton, it rose 32 percent." Current Federal debt is $18 trillion.
    "Median household income declined 4.6 percent during Obama’s first five years, and nearly 5.5 million more Americans were living in poverty last year than before he took office.
    The federal debt owed to the public has more than doubled under Obama, rising by 103 percent. But federal spending has gone up only 7.9 percent."
    November 2009, an Islamic terrorist, also a US Army Major, screamed, "Allah Akabar shot and killed 13 American service members and Obama called it "work place violence"
    An elderly woman in Moore OK is beheaded by an Islamic terrorist yelling, "Allah Akabar." Work place violence.
    Perhaps, I have missed the good that this man has done for America, as I find it difficult to see.  The man seems to be an accomplished liar and does not seem to care if anybody knows it. I have only listed a few of his misdeeds and have left out the NSA spying on Americans, his promises on Ebola, his polarization of the country and his many racist comments. Not to forget his treasonous release of five top level enemy commanders for an Army deserter and, so much more.

1. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Here we go again with the Obama Boogeyman theorists. Has he been honest with us about everything? Absolutely not. Has he gone after Wall Street after the meltdown? Absolutely not. Has he closed Gitmo? Absolutely not. Has he escalated the war in Afghanistan and is still hell bent on leaving 10,000 troops there against his promises? Absolutely yes. Has he changed what he set out too? Absolutely not. Has Obama Care shown us that the law is flawless? Absolutely not. Has he done anything to expose the Fed for what it is? Absolutely not. These I can get behind your consternation with.
      Everything else is politics and that is what pisses you off. How can we ever expect to elect a squeaky clean choirboy into the Presidency while we select from a pool of slimy steaming whores whose only outlook is for them to remain in power and get rich in the process? Obama is our fault and so is everything else that goes wrong inside the beltway. He has two years left. How about we try to find some PEOPLE worthy of the jobs in the meantime. But if you want to continue the I am right and you were wrong for his election, the whores in Washington keep winning.

cjhunsingerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

At what point did I mention or allude to a squeaky clean politician? Obama may be your fault, but certainly not mine. What evidence do you have that I am not looking for a more worthy candidate?
        You suppose and assume to much, which destroys any argument you may have, but then you have not posed one. The use of a lower form of English seems to serve your mindest well, however.

1. rhamson profile image72
          rhamsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What bothered me the most was that the mainstream media helped propagate that story. These news agencies have huge amounts of assets and resources to find out the truth of a story before they air it. Since they propagated the story "like no other could", it may have raised awareness to a video that was not even well known to: immediately known around the world, thanks to them. Later, if memory serves, the USA ran ad campaigns in foreign countries on media outlets apologizing for the video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUOciohyXoM (when really they all should have been apologizing for incompetence or being liars) further raising awareness of an obscure video. This awareness was followed by protests that more than likely got even more people hurt and put even more people's lives in danger. That makes the news either incompetent or complicit. Later after we all found out it was a bogus story or bogus excuse, I hardly heard any more about it on the same news outlets, until months later and after the election

Phoenix
        When the government makes a statement, as to the cause of an event, such as Benghazi the media will repeat it. The only media outlet that began to question the cause was Fox and Drudge. Romney made a contradictory statement to the governments claim and the Obama news outlets crucified him, as did the Administration.
        The surviving contractors, who fought on the roof top with the men who were killed were interviewed by Fox about a month ago. Their account contradicted the Administration and also testified to the fact that they were told to stand down by superiors. They refused the order and rushed to defend the Consulate. In the process two were severely wounded. This too, was never picked up by the other news outlets.
        Complicit or owned by the Administration would be the correct identifier for these news sources.  In either case, 'Freedom of the Press' is no longer the operative phrase here.

2. wba108@yahoo.com profile image78
    wba108@yahoo.composted 9 years ago

Anyone trying to defend Obama is brainwashed. Everything you said is true and the vast majority is indisputable to those who haven't succumbed to the twisted religion of the left.

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Something happens that you don't like, it must be the fault of the left, even when the left doesn't exist.
      After all the right could never do anything to hurt you could it?

1. wba108@yahoo.com profile image78
        wba108@yahoo.composted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can you refute any of this or is it just your opinion? The left does not exist? Please elaborate. Does this also mean the right also is just a figment of the imagination?

1. John Holden profile image60
          John Holdenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The left does not exist in the USA government.
          I would gladly consider any evidence to the contrary.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

I can and do defend most of what Obama has chosen to do.  If we want to get into specifics I am willing.  If you just want to throw around insults I am not.

psyche

Pick whatever point or points I mentioned.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Okay lets talk about the Affordable Care Act.

Any claims I saw that people were forced to change doctors turned out to be incorrect.  Widely publicized, but incorrect. If it happened at all I think it was exceedingly rare.

I have no data on the average effect on costs to people who were already covered.  Do you?

It does seem to have cause more people to get cover in states that adopted it.

I consider it a net benefit to the nation on that basis. More people with insurance means more people getting better care and not being an non-paying drain on the healthcare system. It means fewer people like the recent ebola patient being turned away and thus placing other people at risk of infectious disease.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"More people with insurance means more people getting better care and not being an non-paying drain on the healthcare system."

No it doesn't - not when the deductible is far beyond the insured's ability to pay.  They are in exactly the same position they were in before except they are forced to now purchase worthless insurance.

The only ebola patient I'm aware of that was turned away was insured.  And he was turned away because no one thought of ebola, not because he couldn't pay.

2. cjhunsinger profile image60

psyche
          I think it important, when two people hold opposing views, that identification is made. My profile speaks to what I hold dear, but I will further clarify. I believe in Individual Freedom, individual responsibility and self determination. I believe that the best document to achieve that end is the Constitution. I do not believe that you or I have a right to health care, education, a house or to work, but I do believe that under the Constitution you have right to achieve all these things and more. Now, perhaps, you can clarify your position.
          'Now, add it all up, and the plan that I’m proposing will cost around $900 billion over 10 years.' This is an Obama quote from 2009 while addressing a joint session of Congress.
          The original projected cost of the ACA, according to the CBO was just short of one trillion dollars for the first ten years, which was to be offset by revenues of 1.3 trillion generated from fees and Penalties. This was in 2010 and in 2011 the new CBO projection was 1.4 trillion and in 2012 that cost rose to 1.8 trillion. Now the CBO forecast for the same period is  2.6 trillion, per the Weekly Standard.
          “Under the ACA, most legal residents must get health insurance or pay a penalty. CBO and JCT estimate that 30 million will be uninsured in 2016, but most will be exempt from the penalty; 4 million will make payments totaling $4 billion.” With this figure from the CBO, those 4 million people will have premiums of about $14,000 per year. The government will also throw in penalties for refusal to buy this insurance, which is just another tax forced tax for a product you do not want. This does not take into account new deductibles ranging on low cost policies of $9,000 and for the step up Silver policies from $2,000to $4,000 and for the top of the line, which most cannot afford, a small or do deductible.
          “Moreover, the latest enrollment figures on Obamacare suggest that there may be some consumer resistance to high deductibles under the new law. Some 80% of all those who have enrolled in plans nationwide, according to federal statistics released today, have chosen a silver plan, meaning deductibles of $2,000 for singles and $4,000 for families, or gold or platinum plans, which have no deductibles. Only 18% have opted for bronze plans, which offer lower premiums, balanced by deductibles of $4,500/$9,000.”  The Los Angeles Times.
          You can keep your own Doctor
          "Depending on the plan you choose in the Marketplace, you may be able to keep your current doctor."  The bottom line is that Obamacare guarantees neither. Doctors may be only available through certain networks, just as in the current system.  And only plans that existed in their current form on March 23, 2010, are even eligible to be "kept." The vast majority of plans will be new, subject to a raft of new regulations, requirements, and restrictions.
          Now that Health and Human Services has confirmed that the suspicions of Obamacare opponents were justified, the Obama administration will have some explaining to do to friends and foes of the law alike. Because now everyone is finding out "what in it"  The Weekly Standard
          The Ebola patient was not turned away the first visit because of any insurance and he was not a US Citizen.
          It is difficult to address any specific point with any degree of certainty due to the ambiguity with which the law was written. Minute portions of the law, which can have a great impact on the individual, are basically in the hands and under the authority of bureaucrats that cannot be held accountable by the tax payer. The law has been changed by Obama, illegally, several times to lessen the political impact on the Democratic Party, as well as hiding it from the voter until after the November elections.
          The roll out of the ACA, as botched as it was cost the taxpayer $6 Billion dollars, seven times the projected cost, and it is still malfunctioning. News reports in the last few days indicate that the system has been hacked and the government is powerless or competent enough to prevent it.
          I have only listed a few things here, but I will be happy to continue, as we have not discussed the questionable enrollment figures, that 15 million lost their insurance and only 8 million have , maybe, signed up with 20 to 30% of thos put on medicad.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)