The Bright Side II.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Donald Trump, who exactly half the nation are unhappy with, would like to bring on Ben Carson, who made so much sense as a candidate (even though he was "too soft spoken") and ex mayor Rudy Giuliani who cleaned up New York City. His VP will be Mike Pence who also seems like your typical "good guy". Is there also opposition to Mike Pence and the others he plans to bring on board? In my opinion, it should not be so difficult to look at the bright side. 

Why all the protesting as though it is truly the end of the world?

Wondering

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Why all the protesting as though it is truly the end of the world?"

Because for progressive people, it is....

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Progressives will lose often and "go quietly into that good night ",     only Thugs and criminals riot !  And they don't even have a clue why !!!!!!!!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes. But ...
        1. he is not in office.
        2. he hasn't done anything yet.
        so, what is there to protest at this point?

What has he promised that he would do once he got into office? That is good enough for me.

The man is a philistine, that has nothing to do with progressism nor progress.

Could you give some for-instances?

I protest his platform, the race baiting and
              coarse nature of his dialogue with the voters.

Did you know that Ryan is talking to him about wanting to privatize Medicare? is this what you voted for?

How Trump responds will be the test of whether he will keep his promise retain social security and medicare intact or will he prove just another GOP apparatchik engaged in the good cop/bad cop game.

So you like hopping to conclusions? Happy hopping. I can think of better ways to get exercise.

I am being fair, his first test will be whether or not he capitulates to Ryan and GOP wrecking crew. I am not jumping to conclusions. Can I not hold a man responsible for what he said he would do in his platform? The specifics you want are found online there.

1. wilderness profile image96
                    wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So they are.  Just skimming through:
                    He will solve the illegal alien problem.
                    He will rebuild our infrastructure
                    He will fix a badly broken health care system
                    He will make America energy self sufficient.
                    He will create millions of new jobs

Sounds much like Clinton, doesn't it?  Except, of course, that she won't solve the illegal alien problem, won't fix the health care system and wont' increase energy production with anything we can afford.  But other than these "minor" things, she said pretty much the same - that she would create jobs (by taxing away capital to make jobs with) and she will fill America with solar panels we can neither afford to make or operate.

3. Michael-Milec profile image60
        Michael-Milecposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Is that what is called Progressive, manifested in regressiveness?!

wel, Yes!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Seems to be a matter of progress vs progressivism

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

lol

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

What kind of hook did he use to "bait races?"

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

<coarse nature of his dialogue with the voters.> 
    Did you hear any of his speeches in full?

I heard enough, I am not convinced, period. My perspective on his behalf is clearly negative UNTIL he demonstrates that I have reason to believe otherwise. So, he is given that much of a chance, that is all.

Why do you guys close the door? Open it! Embrace undreamed possibilities!
        A safe secure nation following immigration laws!
        A nation with renewed job growth for A L L!
        A nation of people who are self-sufficient and prosperous from their own enthusiasm to contribute to it through free market enterprise.
        Trump will preserve freedom and liberty within the boundaries of the law. So that's good.
        Right?

enterprise
        initiative, resourcefulness, imagination, entrepreneurialism, ingenuity, inventiveness, originality, creativity; quick-wittedness, cleverness; enthusiasm, dynamism, drive, ambition, energy; boldness, daring, courage, leadership; gumption, get-up-and-go, oomph.

Well, he better.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I think Ryan and Trump had a falling out, last time I heard.
    http://www.salon.com/2016/11/11/paul-ry … obamacare/

There is no such thing as a divided GOP, they are all of the same cloth, the supposed falling out is just drama. They will all get together and make nice when it is time to gut benefits for working class people

Are you guessing?
        Yes.

I don't guess, I postulate based on how the party have behaved on these issues in the past. That is not a guess, but it does not have to be a certainty, depending on how Trump behaves.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

“Abolishing Medicare, I don’t think you’ll get away with that one,” Trump said last year. “It’s actually a program that’s worked. It’s a program that some people love, actually.”

Trump’s new transition website, however, describes a health policy agenda that potentially embraces Ryan’s proposals. “Modernize Medicare, so that it will be ready for the challenges with the coming retirement of the Baby Boom generation — and beyond,” the website reads.

Medicare’s trustees say that the “Part A” trust fund — the costliest component of Medicare, covering hospital visits — is set to become insolvent in 2028. In 2009, before the passage of the Affordable Care Act, the trustees projected that fund would go broke in 2017."

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/11/paul-ry … obamacare/

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Medicare started to go broke when Congress  put the medicare money into the general fund to be used for their own pork. Now people like Paul Ryan want to privatize it. Do you remember what happened in 2008-2009? I do. I'd just invested a small inheritance (a little less than $40,000), and the market lost about 30% of it. My brother invested his in a CD and retained all of it. However, he had a 401K that nearly went belly up. Even with the market recovery, his 401K will pay him about half of what he expected before the market crash.
      My point is if SS is privatized and put on the stock market, we can expect to starve to death. I hope there are enough Americans who will stand up to those in Congress wanting to play around with social security and medicare. The AARP is listening, are the rest of you? At this point I'm not anti-anybody, I'm speaking in general.

Ms. Bejabbers:

What do you think that the GOP agenda is and always has been?

Of course, they are going to attempt to gut Medicare and privatize Social Security. Who believes that the current beneficiaries will ever benefit?

Don't blame me, I voted for Sanders!!!

8. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Half the nation is not unhappy.  Half the nation didn't vote.  Sixty million out of 200 million did this.  The 180 million who didn't participate or voted for someone else are not responsible for what happens now.  The 60 million who did this are responsible for what happens next.  You wanted this.  Don't be surprised now that there is a downside to it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)