suggestions to up my hub rating

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (19 posts)
  1. sherwinboy profile image59
    sherwinboyposted 16 years ago

It says my hub rating is only 46:/, so if you could please go to hubpages.com/hub/tower-defense and come back and tell me some advice that would be great.

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

Your hub is not published.  You need to publish it.  As it gets traffic, comments, etc. the hubscore will go up.

3. sherwinboy profile image59

lol i forgot about that lol

4. sherwinboy profile image59

There. Now I published it, so you can now look at it.

5. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

More original text would help the hubscore.  There appears to be only one paragraph.  You might talk about the game, provide strategies, why you like it, etc.

6. sherwinboy profile image59

Thanks, I'll try it out.

7. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 16 years ago

I wouldn't be too concerned on how much or how little your HubScore is when you first publish a hub. It should slowly climb. Provided the content is original and not too many of the outgoing links are going to the same domain then it should do alright.

After that it's mostly a matter of traffic.

I published a hub a couple of days ago and it dropped to 41 before it started rising. It's now at 86 and has 25 comments.

8. sherwinboy profile image59

Thanks for all these comments and advice, I'll try all this stuff out.

9. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Add screenshots of the game, cheats and tips if there are any, a walkthrough or summary of the game.

If you want to promote a game, you need to get people interested in the game. A video and a handful of links isn't going to do much but have people click off you hub and onto one of those links without spending much time on the hub so definitely add more text and some pictures.

Wait, I found the screenshots... I'd move them above the comments box and see if you can find bigger pictures. The ones you have are hard to see.

Also, like darkside mentioned, for the few week or so the hubscore on a new hub will fluctuate greatly. Give it some time. Try to add original and useful content to get people interested to help with traffic.

10. pjdscott profile image68
    pjdscottposted 16 years ago

It's no hard to post your own profile picture - you're bound to get more hits and comments if people associate a personality with you. Alternatively, you can post a picture representing your interests or ideals.

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yeah profile pics are what can make or break your blogging and hubbing, it doesn't matter if you don't want to add your real picture, because you don't have to, but I sure do as I want people to see my mush.

As for your hubscore, just keep at it, the more you write, the more you will have hubscore success, I'm currently going on an affiliate fast, were I will attempt to write hubs for awhile without adding any affiliate links, just content to see how it pans out!

2. WeddingConsultant profile image66
      WeddingConsultantposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Take pjdscott's advice on this one!  He put a great deal of thought into his profile picture!
      wink

11. Whitney05 profile image83

I wouldn't necessarily say that a profile picture of you, but any profile picture that may depict something of yourself, would help. I didn't think about that. I do find that I click on more hubs where the hubber has a pfile picture. It makes it seem more real versus just another article online.

12. sherwinboy profile image59

Thanks everyone, I'll add a picture of me. And I created a forum, and the address to it is towerdefensesforum.forumcircle.com.

13. sherwinboy profile image59

There, I added a picture of me.

14. sherwinboy profile image59

And I made my pic's click-able.

15. sherwinboy profile image59

I already added a profile picture, so you can stop telling me to add one.

16. Whitney05 profile image83

sherwinboy, I think that Wedding Consultant, was just giving you advice towards picking a  picture, not telling you to add one, as we can see the pictures.

17. sherwinboy profile image59

Well, I can't find any good pictures of me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)