What is your favorite hub that you've written?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

I'm not looking for specifics or any links but what is your favorite hub that you've written. This doesn't have to be your highest trafficked hub, in fact, it may not get any traffic but you're still glad you wrote it.

Also does view count affect how you feel about this particular hub.

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's an interesting question. I wrote one about how to go without drinking alcohol for a month. I started the article with the lessons from my alcoholic father (who was able to quit drinking).

It was a deeply personal article, and it also has attracted 10,000+ visits from people who also want to control their drinking more. So my father's life experience is sill helping people years after his death.

https://healdove.com/mental-health/How- … or-Forever

I think the personal approach to an article carries some weight at a time when the Internet is filled with hundreds and even thousands of articles on the same subject.

Chriswillman90posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing. There's definitely something to be said about Personal Touch into an article especially with something that had such an impact all around.

Online content may be saturated but you aren't, every individual leads a unique life which is interesting when reading a piece written in their voice. And the fact that you've attracted viewers is an added bonus because of what can be gained on either end.

2. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@Chriswillman90,
      Although I am on a short sabbatical, I just had to answer your question. My favorite hub has to be the hub about "Southern Foods About Sorghum and Blackberries" that is then and now, the truth about eating these super-foods in the early South even to 2017.

Nice one, that's a hub I can get behind. Sounds like something we can all learn about.

1. kenneth avery profile image79
          kenneth averyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@Chriswillman90, you are very kind to say such warm words. I do hope that you were referring to "Blackberries and Sorghum." And I have (in my time) put a lot and I mean a LOT of those tasty creations down my gullet.

3. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Great forum question!  I have one hub which seldom gets read about being homeless, old and invisible on the streets.  It was my response to a writing challenge put out by Billybuc.  Writing the piece gave me an opportunity to write something from the heart, emotional and gut wrenching.  I felt as if my life's blood was being sucked out of me as I wrote that.  It was the perfect writing challenge for me.

That's a very powerful topic that I know affects a lot of people, and the fact that it came from a writing challenge is amazing.

It sounds like a great piece and intriguing since personally that's one of my greatest fears and something that's very plausible to many. Heck millions of people are probably one pink slip away from becoming homeless.

1. sallybea profile image95
          sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I hope you stop by to read it sometime Chris:)  You are right, homelessness is on all of our doorsteps.  Sadly everywhere you go there are signs of people who have too much and people who have too little.  It is a blot on those in power who turn their faces the other way and do nothing.  My challenge, however, was more fiction than fact.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

My favorite hub is one I wrote about taking an RV trip to 8 of the greatest places to visit in the US.  It isn't one of my "best sellers", but it was so much fun to write because it took me back to places I've gone to that I've loved.  I even added music to it!  What a hoot!  Still enjoy reading it from time to time.

That topic alone sounds like a blast, I can see why you enjoyed it and the nostalgia is always pleasant to revisit. Thanks for sharing.

2. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

Very interesting question, Chriswillman90. You and promisem are on point with the emotional connection. I narrowed it down to three favorites, all of which were driven by emotion, passion, and/or personal experience. The one about making turkey meatballs is a favorite because the recipe came from my aunt and I love the pictures shot while cooking. It was always a treat when she made them. The second is about trauma work and the knowledge I gained working with cops. Last and favorite of all is a poetry hub about sudden death inspired by the murder of my younger brother. None of these hubs get a lot of views but the poetry hub traffic has been steady, especially when there's a news story about a shooting or terrorist attack.

3. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

I love the variations between each of those choices. Your hubs that have inspired you and share knowledge have a personal touch beyond a typical magazine-style article.

Poetry is often grossly underrated but it's the deepest connection an author makes with a reader. I'm sorry about your tragedy, but I'm glad it's been able to inspire you to express your emotions through this medium.

Thank you for sharing.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. Thanks for asking and starting a good community discussion. I fixed my typos by the way.

4. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 6 years ago

Even though there are some good articles which I am satisfied with, I am very proud looking at my two posts that give me the satisfaction of achieving some good work. They are not getting views. But, they are worthy to me.

One is about Human Wants, their control and the effect on our society. I have created it with a different touch to the topic.

The other one is A tribute to your spouse. I highlighted some virtues of my wife which I think may be useful to others also who are undergoing similar circumstances during their life.

The great thing about your hubs is that even though they may not be getting a ton of views there's a greater chance of impact for the few that do come across your hubs and can relate to your message.

5. Duane Townsend profile image82
    Duane Townsendposted 6 years ago

A Hub I wrote on quantum physics and spirituality. The research was very enlightening.

That's a cool combination sounds like it must of been very eye opening.

6. Kylyssa profile image90
    Kylyssaposted 6 years ago

My favorite hub of my own is "What to Buy if You Are Homeless" because it sparked the creation of charities and caused charities to contact me for help creating websites. People did what I hoped they would when I wrote it by going out and helping others and it connected me to people who needed free help building charity websites.

View count doesn't really affect how I feel about the hub, although it went viral back when it was a Squidoo lens. What people have done with the information is what makes it feel like it's the best thing I've ever written.

Wow that's excellent on numerous levels. It always amazes me how a piece of content can impact others and what it may lead to. I'm glad so much positivity came out of that, I wish I could make that kind of splash.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)