Views are too low

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Techs and Specs profile image55
    Techs and Specsposted 6 years ago

Hello,
    I have written about 13 hubs but among them only 3 are getting very few views rest of them are not getting any views at all. All then articles have 0 views. What's wrong? What should be done to get atlest 10 views per article per day. Please give some tips from your experience.
    Thanks

1. poppyr profile image92
      poppyrposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Techs and Specs! Welcome to HubPages.

Good job on writing 13 articles already. That's great!

A quick look at your article list tells me you need to make your titles a bit better. Think about what is going to be interesting for people to click. For example, your article "Dodge Charger Hemi V8" could be changed to "All You Need to Know About the Dodge Charger Hemi V8"

Second of all, make sure your English is flawless. "Why Zebras Aren't Domesticated?" should be "Why Aren't Zebras Domesticated?"

Also, I see you only joined two weeks ago. It takes a little while to start gaining views. It's good you already have a couple of comments, which means people are reading them.

It generally takes at least a month or two to see more than one or two views per day unless you're lucky enough to instantly go viral, which unfortunately doesn't happen very often. Be patient!

Hope that helps smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I checked your profile. One thing I can tell you for sure is that your titles are not search friendly.  You have to make titles interesting and eye catching whenever possible.  You also need to write articles that answer people's questions or help them to resolve some problem they are having.

It takes time to learn how to title your work, but titles are extremely important.  They are the first thing a reader sees and often determine whether that reader wants to read an article or not.

Of course your topic also needs to be of interest.

You are new here.  There is a big learning curve that can take years to master.  So when people say to be patient, they are not saying to just sit and wait...they are saying to learn what you need to know, experiment, see what works and what doesn't.

There are people writing here who have thousands of articles posted.  13 pales in comparison.  Go back, work on titles, add interest, etc...and the views will come.

One more thing...a number of your hubs deal with topics that are written about a lot.  This means you are fighting competition that may be outranking you...so people won't even see your articles.

3. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It usually takes a while (read: a few weeks) for the search engine traffic to arrive.  You can get social media traffic right away.  Share your new pages via social media to start out.  Don't forget relevant forums too.  One possibility is to ask bloggers to write about your new Hub.  It does help if you have your own blog, so you can trade write-ups occasionally.

The more good backlinks leading to traffic, the more traffic you'll get.  It's sort of a chicken vs. the egg thing.

*It can be tricky sharing your link(s) these days.  Commenting on blogs can work, but not well.

4. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

ah, you are not alone, out of 132 hubs, I have 50 views daily, hardly 1 view per hub, but I think it is my fault since I didn't share them at social media sites

Although sharing on social media sites certainly helps, good SEO is the key to getting and maintaining views. Getting more than a handful of clicks from Facebook or Twitter is good but high ranking on google will get you views for months and years to come.

5. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There's nothing wrong, it's just the reality of the internet.  Think how many millions of articles are published online - and thousands more are added every day.  Just because you published an article doesn't mean anyone will notice it.

I suggest you look at my Hubs on the Basic Rules and How to Optimise your Hubs, for some tips on how to write on HubPages.  You need to write very good quality articles and be patient!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 years ago

Patience is required. It takes some articles months to "mature" and pick up readers. I have some pieces that attract one or two visitors a week and then, suddenly, get 50 or 100 hits in a day. Obviously, somebody has read the article, liked it, and passed around among their friends. Bless them. It takes time.

As Rupert kindly touched upon, Google also takes two or three months to establish SEO for the articles which is why you might not be getting any traffic from Google yet.

3. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

Patience is key, a day at a time. It takes a while to build good traffic, years in my experience. Even if your articles are well written, it takes time for Google to make your articles available to readers. You also need a lot more articles to build a good base of credibility and niche. If I recall, I didn't start to build more traffic until I had around 25-30 articles. Good luck and happy hubbing!

4. Patrick Patrick profile image81
    Patrick Patrickposted 6 years ago

Patience.

5. Patrick Patrick profile image81
    Patrick Patrickposted 6 years ago

Patience and sharing your work in other social media sites. That helps a lot

6. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Also, you terminated your first account and started with another, which wasn't really a good thing to do. Some articles need age to gain 'Google credibility'. It sounds silly but the more traffic you get, the more will be sent to you. So do your best to promote on social media, Pinterest, etc.

7. michelleonly3 profile image92
    michelleonly3posted 6 years ago

I read your article on terorism. The content is good however, the grammar needs work. At the end of the article you went a little off the rails. Read your articles out loud to yourself and you will catch more of your errors. If you can’t read it and have it flow, it won’t for others either. Also you need to create shorter titles that are more likely to show up in a search. Hope this helps.

8. profile image0
    Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years ago

It took me Until February 2017 to get decent traffic, and I signed up on July 2016. I signed up for the HubPages Earnings Program Last Fall, but hesitated to file taxes until June of this year. I started earning money on HubPages June of this year, and have been working hard since. I have 28 featured articles, including 5 articles on niche sites. That's good for me. I'm waiting on a sixth article that'll be submitted to a niche site soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)