This is very frusterating...

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (61 posts)
  1. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

So I check adsense and I have 96 page impressions but a big fat 0 for clicks. What should I do to get clicks?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try to get some good organic traffic lady!
      I can see your hubs are not optimized for search engines. Some are written on topics that 3-4 people will search in whole month. One hub of yours I found on very high competition keywords. Just make sure you get traffic from search engines. That traffic will gain you clicks and thus the income.

You had like to read this: How to Get Traffic From Search Engines

kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

honestly I was just writting. I havnt done any homework. What is that hub about so I leave it alone??? lol

lol ... You must read about SEO if you want to make money online and people do make a living here online so why not you?
          On another thread Mark Knowles mentioned he has earned 140K last year by working online, and others too make this much.
          Just read about SEO and write good stuff and you will be earning some good money. There are people who earn much more than MArk online. So you can also do it.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry if that was just to kmackey ,but Im grateful for the inspiration and instruction.

I am pleased that my post inspired someone after all. smile smile smile

2. kmackey32 profile image64

Oh no people help in forums for everyone im sure...

2. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 14 years ago

I hate to say this but it's the truth. 100 impressions really isn't much when it comes to Adsense. I am lucky to get 1-3 clicks per 100 impressions so 0 isn't all that unusual.

as far as what you can do to get more, on hubpages there isn't much. I mean on website of your own you can work with ad placement and color schemes, but on hubpages it seems that most of that is done for you.

if you want to make more from adsense than you could work on keywords.

find keywords that don't have a high level of competition, but pay $2.00 + so that you will receive more organic traffic and when you do get clicks they will actually pay out well.

Hi ,oh I did that last week ,and I went from say 50c to nothing ...depressing...maybe I should just go back to before I started all the tweeking titles and keywords...Im dreaming about the damn words now lol
      Interesting posts there cLs!
      I get a few clicks but still nothing even though the keywords are sposed to be good,if not great...I think maybe its the adverts, so maybe if I change the categories??

1. Silver Rose profile image67
        Silver Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Patience! It takes more than a few days before a hub starts yielding. From my personal experience it takes about 9 days to 2 weeks before I start getting clicks on a hub. In the meanwhile just write some more hubs.

Regarding clicks that have zero value, this usually happens when the traffic is not targetted (i.e. it's from Reddit or Digg) or if the person who clicks is a habitual clicker but never buys anything. You need to aim for search traffic that came to your hub because they were looking for the material you were writing about.

Ok ill give this a try. I mean it cant hurt. lol

1. White Teeth profile image61
        White Teethposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It also matters where the traffic comes from. If your traffic is all hubbers, they won't be clicking...

1. mommyfreelancer profile image75
          mommyfreelancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking about this the other day... why don't we make a rule to click on each others ads? Would that work? big_smile

1. profile image0
            Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dear god, no, that would get us all thrown out of the adsense program. Have you read their TOS?

If not thrown out it would get our hubs smart priced. If you have a lot of clicks and no purchases the value of your clicks is greatly reduced.

Google isn't stupid.

2. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please don't.

3. darkside profile image62
            darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If your plan was that hubpages is blacklisted and we're all banned, then yes, it would work.

4. candice5 profile image58
            candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I doubt it on Hubpages, but I know of another instance where a little band got together and did just that. Like madmen they clicked, and all but three were disabled. Luck of the Draw I guess, but hey they can tell, interaction between common computers.  !!!!!!

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

If you really want to get clicks and make money You have to rethink about what you're writing and whether it will attract people who will want to buy something.

I just read your hub "Olean Ny home of the many squirrels." It is very well written and interesting. But you're assuming that people who find that are going to want to buy squirrel things. I don't think that that's a good assumption.

If you want to sell squirrel stuff then you need to write a headline such as Buy Great Gifts for Squirrel Lovers and Collectors. Then write your hub about that. Of course you can include a paragraph or two about Olean NY. But that should be a sidelight that reinforces your keywords, provides unique material.

If you put the word buy first it will rank highly in google and you'll attract people pre-disposed to buy something. It's boring but that's what your after. Order is a good word too.

Put some of your squirrel stuff above the fold. If they're there to buy something then be sure to let them know you've got the products.

Describe specific products and why they are great with squirrel lovers. Be sure to explain why people who love squirrels will want to buy these.

You want them to click on ads or buy products. So feature that as the main focus of your hub. Everything you write should focus on that and lead to a sale.

Wow thanks Nellie ,are you an ex teacher by any chance ,if youre not ya shoulda been..
      Guess I need to get back to the books ..an outta the playground.

Ok. is there something different I should listed through amazon to buy on that hub? I wonder if they have squirrel food. something like that?

3. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great advice Nelle, thanks for sharing.

4. Silver Rose profile image67

Yes, spot on, Discovery Words really work.

For the OP, here's a list of Discovery words:

How to get rid of...
      How to remove..
      How to..
      Tutorial..
      Remove...
      Remedy..
      Cure..
      Buy..
      Purchase..
      Review..

I use "how to" a lot, mainly because I'm targetting Adsense. Those like Nelle who are targetting Amazon and Ebay use "Buy". You need to choose something from the list that suits you.

ok thanks a lot. I am beginning to understand now

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

What I meant to say was thankyou!

5. profile image0

By the way I'm showing only 293 hub impressions today and I have 14 clicks. So you don't need a lot of impressions  to get clicks.

Wow thats good!!!! I guess I should change most of my hubs to put the word buy in them. Is that what your saying?

1. profile image0

No, you need to rewrite the entire hub. Read my comments then go read your squirrel hub and think how that would make your reader want to buy squirrel stuff.

Why would someone read your hub and then want to buy a stuffed squirrel?

LOL idk.. hehe

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

but my clicks show varying percentages,what does that mean?

6. profile image0

Thank you for the compliment EagleKiwi. I'm not an ex teacher, but I have a degree in marketing and sales. I've spent the last 30 years selling stuff.

7. profile image0

There's really no point in optimizing a hub for the search engines, if it's going to attract the wrong reader.

If you want to sell, and just not entertain, you've got to think about what you want to sell or what type of ads you want people to click on, first. Then write a draft of your hub to sell. Then optimize.

Well its not that I dont get alot of this stuff ,but its so exciting when you something actually clicks ,in my mind if ya know what I mean..smile

yes I get excited when someone clicks too. smile

8. profile image0

What does LOL idk mean. (i get LOL but not idk)

well I text a lot. It means I Don't Know.

2. jennifergolden profile image61
      jennifergoldenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

idk is I dont know

3. candice5 profile image58
      candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I( don't know!

9. kmackey32 profile image64

I hear a lot of people say optimize. I just do not understand how too!!

10. profile image0

kmackey let's stay with your squirrel hub, it's actually a good learning exercise. Pick 5 amazon products that you want to feature and write about them. And work in your squirrel stories.

Or did you just write your hub and stick in an amazon hub and keyword squirrel?

Yea that's what I did.

11. profile image0

I'm getting very confused here.

Kmackey if you want to get clicks. Start a new hub. Pick an Amazon product that you're really familiar with. The write a hub like you're talking to someone and tell them why it's great and tell them to buy it.

Your hub should have about 500 words. Just get in the habit of selling don't worry about seo or keywords.

Just keep it simple.

Ok I gotcha... I wanted to write about these squirrels though but wasnt sure what to put in for amazon.

Squirrels just don't have that much to sell. That's fine if you want to write about them, but you probably should not expect more than an occasional click.

Just glancing over your hubs, I would spend more time on Kratom instead of squirrels. It solves a problem or is something that people will want to buy. Optimize your hub for search engines, and join a Kratom affiliate program that you can link to and get a commission.

OK I actually order that stuff all the time online.

If you order it all the time online, then probably others do also...That's something to focus on...something you know and something that has some demand...

I had never heard of it, but the keyword tools say at least 400 searches per day...the clicks don't pay great, so you should look at a separate affiliate program too...

12. profile image0

Okay then go to Amazon and find some neat squirrel stuff. Describe the products and work in your new york squirrel story. It's very doable. I think it could be a very good hub.

You just have to change the focus to selling not entertaining. Have the squirrel story support buying not just entertaining.

Oh ok. I will work on this in the morning. Its 1am here. smile

13. profile image0

I wrote a hub on epilators. http://hubpages.com/hub/ladies-epilator

This might explain what I mean. Hope no one minds that I posted  a link.

14. kmackey32 profile image64

do you know what hub of mine has high competition keywords?

15. profile image0

It's 1 am here too. good night kmackey32 and everyone else.

16. kmackey32 profile image64

ok. night night

17. mommyfreelancer profile image75
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

Hey...sorry if I struck a nerve! I was kidding!

And no, I don't plan for all of us to be banned - doubt if I have the power to do that - in fact I am enjoying it here so long live, hubpages!

1. profile image0

There are a lot of newbies here who might think that that was a good idea. So maybe not something to joke about or in any way encourage.

1. mommyfreelancer profile image75
        mommyfreelancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I take note of your comment, Nellie. And apart from saying sorry and that it was kidding, I don't know much what I can do to appease you. smile

I am a newbie, too, and I know for a fact that newbies look up to more experienced people for guidance. Cheers!

1. profile image0

Gotcha, no hard feelings, no appeasement necessary. The loss of income strikes a very large cord with me. This isn't a hobby for me, this is how I make a living. So when someone suggests clicking it is a very frightening thing.

18. profile image0

Great List Silver Rose. I'm glad you made the distinction between targeting words for selling products or adsense clicks. I think that's something that people forget a lot of the time. The marketing copy changes alot.

I'm trying to focus some hubs on adsense and I'm having trouble re-arranging my brain!

1. Silver Rose profile image67

It's the opposite for me. I'm really struggling to get to grips with Amazon and writing for Amazon. I really want to crack it though. I read a brilliant blog post (actually it was a video) on why you should target Amazon for high traffic sites. Here it is for the curious:

http://bloggerillustrated.net/back-end- … nd-amazon/

19. profile image0

Silver Rose, I just checked out the video post. Enjoyed it a lot. Yes Amazon is definitely worth the effort. I just worry about investing in them too much because of their response to states that enact internet taxes.

Kmackey32, welcome back. I hope our posts are helping you!

Yes I am going through some of my hubs and changing the wording a bit now.

20. Cam Anju profile image69
    Cam Anjuposted 14 years ago

Our Adsense account gets over 1000 impressions a week, but only a click or two and a few pennies, I think it takes a bit to get anything good. smile

21. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I have taken your advice and been busy with keywords Nellie, although I still need to check out the contents again , maybe edit a few things ,not exactly sure.

My biggest enemy lately has been procastination,but imagine my surprise to log on and see 6 red arrows ...I hate getting all excited over an arrow ,but it sure helps huh...

One thing that puzzles me though, is page impressions are really low ,I thought the good trafffic would mean page impressions(93) would be better somehow,or am I getting confused between views and impressions?

Will get back to it tomorrow when Im not so tired ,but popped in to thankyou for the reddies smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)