Can I delete some of my weakest hubs to increase my author score?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (24 posts)
  1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

What do you think guys?

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deff not my friend as I deleted 8 of mine ages ago thinking the same thing. I have gone back and actually made some old crappy hubs not great but at least attracting 8 people day and well you only need one of them to click, my advice, revamp them !

1. goodfriendiam profile image61
        goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have deleted some of mine to, thanks for the advice BC,  I learn so much from you. smile

2. profile image48
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Another option is to unpublish them for a few days, then come back and publish them. I did this and was rewarded with 80% red arrows and my traffic doubled for 3 days. Hubpages is a game, it's knowing how to play it smile

2. Don W profile image82
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

Why not just improve them?

3. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Yes - revisit them and change what you can. You'd be surprised what some tweaking can do. I never bothered until a couple of days ago, courtesy of something I read and the fact that someone gave me some very good advice.

Give it a go smile

1. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can you send me the link for this advise as I am always looking to improve.

4. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

You might deem them weak but I'm sure you worked hard in creating them.  Also, the tide might change. They might be popular in a few weeks. (wish i knew the titles)

In addition to the Advice above, consider adding more Tags.

5. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the information, Learned a new thing from the baove postings.

6. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

I second Lady_E. I think your hubscore has more to do with how many hubs you publish and how much traffic they attract than of how good quality individual hubs are.

Also, some tweaking will help, as frogdropping (patron saint of hp newbies) has pointed out. smile

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am? Don't they burn saints?

*wanders off to hang around large bodies of open water*

1. Plants and Oils profile image70
        Plants and Oilsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry. SOmetimes they are tortured, beheaded, torn apart by lions, or put on Catherine wheels instead.

1. frogdropping profile image77
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

neutral

*wanders away and stands on an island in the middle of a large body of water. That is free of lions, beheading blocks, sharp blades and catherine wheels*

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Why not delete all of them and watch your score skyrocket? Frankly, 96 is such a low one, you can do way better, like four whole points more! wink

And don't just settle for a measly unpublish, delete them completely and unrecoverably! lol

1. profile image48
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well point of case is Golden Toad he did delete all his and I think he's still in the 90,s plus people are still fanning him because they enjoy his non existent hubs smile

2. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFL !!!

8. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

I read in another forum that you will have a higher popularity percentage if you have less hubs and more fans.  lol

9. Plants and Oils profile image70
    Plants and Oilsposted 14 years ago

I'd not waste your work, if they are weak, improve them!

10. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 14 years ago

I'm new here, but I would have thought that it is more productive to continue to make decent hubs - all the 'negative' hubs will eventually have no impact once you have hundreds of decent hubs!

11. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

lol again, ok. I keep posting this link (and others) so here it is: How HubPages Works

The above isn't something I've read recently, I found it and read it - and whatever else I could drum up through searches etc - after I joined.

Anyway - read all and go on to read everything that links from that hub. There are other hubbers that have published equally helpful information.

I haven't. I just write gossip and rumour type hubs wink

12. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Thank you all guys for posting...

13. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

As far as low ranking Hubs, I have to use my Chris Benoit story again.
    On one of my Blogs (not a Hub) I had a write up on WW* wrestler Chris Benoit.
    Nothing special, traffic to that page about normal.
    Then the Benoit murders happened and traffic to that page shot straight up and stayed there for about a week.

Now had I deleted that low traffic page, that would have never happened.

So your Hub on Rosemary might not be doing well, then tomorrow a breaking scientific study shows that Rosemary doubles a human's lifespan and BANG! you get tons of traffic to your now relevant Hub.

It's just something to keep in mind before deleting something.

14. sparksdaniel2000 profile image71
    sparksdaniel2000posted 14 years ago

I am atcually glad you asked that.  I was wondering the same thing...I guess it doesn't matter.  Jus t tweak the ones you have already.

15. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 14 years ago

I would just work on improving them. Just do it one hub at a time and you won't have to work too hard. You can gradually just add another section to a hub here and there and you may see an increase.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)