How do I unpublish a hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (44 posts)
  1. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

5 of my hubs (earliest posted ones) did not go above 70, is not getting much traffic, and really are "sub-standard" compared to my recent hubs. How do I unpublish them? Just until I am able to improve them. Thanks.

1. LVM profile image58
      LVMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Should we unpublished hubs with hubscores lower than 70?

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
        Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you delete your hub, you'll lose the url.  It's usually better if you can improve them.  Don't forget that the score of a well written hub usually goes up as it ages, assuming it's getting some traffic.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
          GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now I caught you shirley nyahahaha I'm your stalker now hehehe...
          hehehe... keeping a track on you, your on my radar and sensor already nyahahaha wakikik (sick! me)

yeah as a hub become older it's score gradually increase especially if its a well written-one.

2. alekhouse profile image71
        alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily. I've had hubs below 70 that were discovered again and suddenly came alive and shot up in score. But, if you really think they're substandard and don't want them there, then go ahead. I hate to delete anything, cause old hubs can always be reworked and improved. You can also update the title.

2. Herald Daily profile image60
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

There is a button on the hub's page, at the top, that gives you the option to "Unpublish".

3. Herald Daily profile image60

Oops!  Forgot to mention that you have to be in 'edit' for that button to show up.

4. mommyfreelancer profile image74

Sorry, can't see it...please, since you're the first one to answer this, can you check if you can view this hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Avoid-Be … -By-Buyers

It says the status is "not published" but there is a publish date for it when I look at my account stats.

Many thanks. smile

5. Herald Daily profile image60

It says, "This hub is no longer published".

You didn't delete it, so yes it's going to still show your publish date.

6. mommyfreelancer profile image74

Okay, I think I've got it. I might have unpublished that link I posted, which accounts for why I can't see the "unpublish" button. I was able to unpublish my other hubs now. Thanks!

7. Herald Daily profile image60

Yes, success!

Glad I could help, MommyFreelancer. smile

8. mommyfreelancer profile image74

Thank you, Herald Daily! Good night from Manila, Philippines! smile

9. Herald Daily profile image60

Good-night to you, MF.  Sleep well.

10. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Hmm pretty interesting post.

Well if I breakdown my 38 hubs now, by average:

90+  1 (yesterday I got 2)
    85+  2
    80+ 10
    75+ 14
    70+  9
    65+  2

I think my hubs are doing pretty well since I only have 2 sub-standard(s) but these 2 sometimes rise to line of 70 and they're recent still and can be improve...

mommyfreelancer are these hubs cannot be fix with improvements, some would rather delete them then publish later with improvements it works well for them though...

your recent hubs are really a force to reckon with hehehe, you win some you lose some it balances out in the end... why worry if you can make some improvements with your hubs.

everytime I have 65+ hubs i try to inject life to them to earn good scores, be careful with the pictures you choose for if not your hubscore for each will be slapped with deductions, i experienced this many times over, i'll give you a site where pictures are cool they're free and safe to integrate with your hubs. i'll email you. smile

1. LVM profile image58
      LVMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please tell me too where to get those pictures, Manong General.

I'm not Ilokano kuyang would be better... im a Pangalatok hehehe smile

1. emievil profile image67
          emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Li'l bro (LOL), what about me? Do I get that email also? smile

1. mommyfreelancer profile image74
            mommyfreelancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kuyang doesn't seem to be around. I will email it to you, Emievil! smile

11. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Hey, GH!  Who's stalking who, now?  smile

Nyahahaha now you caught me okay, now what nyahahaha?

Geez, I was having so much fun running around that I forgot to think ahead to that part.

ROFL, becuse you keep on running you didn't noticed you're becoming the stalker nyahahahahaha now that is really funny and I'm having a stomach ache already thanks... you just give me a bad taste  in the mouth nyahahhahahaha....

One of my 'duh!' moments!  Sorry to hurt your stomach and put a bad taste in your mouth.

It just occurred to me that we have hijacked 2 threads - we're bad!

I'm tired from all the running (I never exercise) so I'm calling it a night and going to bed.  It'll be a nice change to go to bed at midnight, that's early for me lately.

G'night, General!  smile

Sleep tight swee' pea sorry mommyfreelancer for veering away from the topic... smile

shirley you'll always be one of the most beautiful girl in HUbpages hehehe in and out... thanks for the time... big_smile

12. mommyfreelancer profile image74

Read somewhere that if your hubs don't go above 70 for a long time, there's something wrong with it smile not rocket science but makes sense, no?

I had 5 which I posted on the same day I joined HubPages so you can tell that they are not of the same quality as the ones I did recently. I'm thinking I need to maintain a certain level of standard so my fans and readers won't be disappointed.

But that's precisely what I did - revise and improve them (I've just done 1 but I will do all). Aside from losing the URL, you lose the tags you first used. I'm lazy so I just edited, tweaked, added capsules, and voila! it is at 71 now, with 1 view from yahoo already. smile

PS. General, so that's what the email was all about. I thought I had a stalker, too! smile

Shirley, replied to your latest mail - can't open the file sad

13. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Thanks mommy for sending the email in lieu of me to emievil... If you want me to be your stalker just like shirley i'm all yours nyahahahahaha, but i guess you're hubby will kill me if i do so nyahahahaha. By the way someone posted Lozer to my one of my hub hehehe, posting in the name of Queen Elizabeth i hope this is not you hehehe... Forget about the small kinks we have had mommy lets try to build a strong and happy Filipino community here...

hi emievil long time no look...

yesterday was funny I see our (including mommy) hubscore posting an identical 97.

14. mommyfreelancer profile image74

What? I will never post "Loser" to your hub - I will do it in Tagalog! Hahahaha!

Emi, General is stalking us...run! smile

ROFL... nyahahaha... now i'm a stalker cool, hayz now im a menyek nyehehehehe...

Yeah someone did it, in the very hub which took part in the wannabe thing... your one of my suspect nyahahaha, sorry nyahahaha
      forget about it...

if its in tagalog i'll fight back, but sorry i'll write something in Pangasinan... smile

15. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Thanks mommyfreelancer. I think he ran away when LVM started calling him Manong. LOL

Hehehe funny LVM he made me look very old grrrrrr on that Manong thing...

Hehehe, that's why I called you Li'l Bro. You're a lot younger than me (based on your picture that I saw in your original avatar).

16. emievil profile image67

LOL LOL you can't stalk me! I'll stalk you back. hehehehe Hey where's my email? smile

Hey GH, you try doing it in Pangasinan language, I'll answer you in Bisaya LOL.

17. mommyfreelancer profile image74

General, whatever did I do to become a suspect?! (gasps)
    I looked at the hub again, can't find that comment.

Emi, I sent you the mail, didn't you get it?

smile

Yep I saw it. It's in my other email. I changed email address but it went through my original one smile. And no I didn't change email address because GH is stalking me LOL.

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Worry no more mommy, i deleted it already, hehehe its my fault why i get some response like that, i guess i took the wannabe thing seriously and... hehehe... I believe in you...

Nyahaha you two hehehe emievil thanks for calling Lil' Bro hmmm, i'll guess I'll put my handsomest avatar, problem is i'm skinny nyahaha...

18. emievil profile image67

GH, your avatar is the cutest, don't change it LOL.

19. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Nyahaha okay thanks there, now i'm beginning to love you, and thinking of stalking you just like what i did with shirley nyahahaha...

Few days ago shirley was avoiding me until such time she got tired of escaping me hehehe... and eventually gave up nyahahaha, she was an easy prey wakikik smile

Hmmm, do I dare challenge you? I'm not that easy to stalk LOL.

Hmmm... its not a good idea to prey on a cute female dog, wakikik. Dehins katalo nyahahaha your hubby just like mommy's will surely kill me nyahahaha...

LOL, that cute female dog already bit one of my people and her brother dog also bit a water delivery guy. Nice of you to say so about my hubby smile.

20. emievil profile image67

GH, who me? I'm harmless. LOL LOL LOL

21. mommyfreelancer profile image74

Yes, that's what I did. smile

22. LVM profile image58
    LVMposted 14 years ago

I have never ever deleted a single hub.  All I do is add more content.  Additional text and pictures.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)