First Amazon Payout

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (39 posts)
  1. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Just checked my account and found out I had earned my first payout from Amazon.  I had only just started to push Amazon products in my hubs after viewing a couple hubbers that claim to be doing real well with Amazon and I'm sure they are.  I made my first sale only a month ago and to date have sold nearly a dozen items.  The last was an iPod Touch that sold for over $250 so I must be doing something right.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well done! Did you write a hub specifically about the ITouch?

livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually no.  I wrote a couple hubs on ear buds and headphones but put mp3 players and iPods on them too, just in case smile

1. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cross-merchandizing is definitely the way to go. Your a natural!

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!!  That is wonderful.smile

3. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a gaming site? How much have you already got out of it compared to this amazon sale?

Yes I do have a gaming site but its not fair to compare that to Amazon product sales.  My gaming site earns nearly $30 a day but that comes from a mix of clickbank, commission jucntion and adsense.  I have an Amazon store on that site but no sales as of yet from it.

1. anjalichugh profile image70
          anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess its because people go straight to Amazon site for making a purchase instead of using the affiliate site. I might be wrong here.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Yea you! Way to go. I love it when I hear hubbers say they're making money and payouts.

Amazon really is the way to go. I'm glad it's working out for you. Must be why you have that great smile in your avatar!

Thanks everyone,and Nelle you're one of the hubbers I was speaking of in my OP.  It's real good when you see your efforts pay off.  I'm just over $4 a day on my adsense now but it seems the product reviews are paying off better for me now.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I aimed my last two hubs at Amazon buyers, I haven't sold any more products yet but I have gotten a lot more clicks than usual. Hopefully, it's just a matter of time.

4. profile image0

A few more cute cat hubs and you'll be on your way UW. Me I'm writing a hub today that will have no products on it at all. Is the world turning upside down or what.

I have a couple ideas on that front big_smile

It's like we have switched bodies smile

I have decided from now until Christmas my focus will be on Amazon products. I have earned $22 from them and I would like to reach payout by the end of the year.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amazon payout is only $25 so you're a shoe in!

Unfortunately, in Canada it's $100

2. profile image0
          wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

$10 for direct deposit though.

Great job, Richard.  Amazon continues to be BY FAR the most profitable for me.  I sell at least one item per day, some days I've hit the jackpot.  It's been WAY more profitable than I'd imagined.  Now, if I could just stay OFF the forums and write another hub, I could make some more money.  I've been so unmotivated of late.  I need a good kick in the arse.  lol

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh, YEAH! smile

5. anjalichugh profile image70
    anjalichughposted 14 years ago

That's great! I hope I get the same kind of results from Amazon. smile

6. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Excellent! I'm inspired anew! big_smile

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

You lucky dog you! Great job livewithrichard great job!

8. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Maybe i should change my mindset about Amazon.

9. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

Nice work livewithrichard...

10. profile image0

You're right it's $10. Ooops.

11. sunstreeks profile image81
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

Congrats on making amazon payout!!

12. Roffi Grandiosa profile image60
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 14 years ago

Amazon will do well at the end of the year, because people will search for Christmas gifts. You just have to write hubs about gift ideas. Just a simple money making trick.

13. Sophia Heresford profile image69
    Sophia Heresfordposted 14 years ago

Congrats on making payout! I'm glad I read this thread because I actually made payout too and didn't realize it.

Sophia

14. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Excellent!
    I've made amazon payout every month for the last year almost and it is great, because I can cross promote through the .com and the co.uk amazon programs...amazon clicks have increased more now that I've done 2 hubchallenges with some more sales, although my other websites are the main drivers of my Amazon income.

Now I want to see if I can build up my Ebay income because that has just gone flat as a pancake, since they have started to introduce the Quality click pricing the last few weeks in preparation for October, I used to make over $100 a month, but now I am lucky if I get $5...oh well adsense is up too, so it's just about getting an even balance I suppose!!

15. Gemsong profile image61
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

I'm so jealous. But you give me hope.

16. Temecula Limo profile image59
    Temecula Limoposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! I was getting a little faint wondering if Amazon or any other affiliate for that matter really works.I have been promoting affiliates for 1 year now and nothing. I must have been doing something wrong. I just signed up with HubPages, so maybe this could be my new outlet on many levels.
    Good luck on the future!

17. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

Congrats!  With the holiday season coming up, you should be making good money with Amazon.

18. profile image0

Livewithrichard, I didn't think you could put adsense on a gaming site. Am I wrong?

Sorry I was thinking gaming as in gambling. not a gamer site.

You are right, I meant gamer, I have a game review site that I set up for my 14 y/o nephew and he does all the promoting through his myspace friends and xbox live friends.  It's doing pretty good right now but I'm going to have to take it over since he's slacking off since school started back up...sports and girls are more important lol

19. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Hey, 3 people have ordered Neti pots from my hub in the past 2 days. That'll probably earn me about $2 if I'm lucky lol.

20. Treasured Pasts profile image71
    Treasured Pastsposted 14 years ago

Guess I'm doing something wrong. I am yet to earn a cent at Amazon!

It is so hard to earn anything. My current $22 earnings are from 3 different site over 3 years smile

21. ThePartyAnimal profile image61
    ThePartyAnimalposted 14 years ago

Congrats - it does pay off. On one of my hubs about an advice tree - I got a sale for 26 Pre Lit Trees - this was about 2 months ago. I guess it was a big party - I was so excited when I saw that. Considering the trees sold for $24.99 each. So it ended being a sale for $649.74 and my pay out was just about $43.00.
    So add on Amazon  - it works!!! I get lots of sales from it and so can you.
    It is even nicer when you see the big ones.

22. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I've just recently started putting Amazon products on my hubs and have sold seven items so far.  Encouraging isn't it?

23. ChloeAliceWilson profile image61
    ChloeAliceWilsonposted 14 years ago

I had stayed away from the Amazon capsule as I heard it cluttered the hub and pulled down the Adsense income, but it sounds like it is working for some. Does anyone have success with it other than on straight product review hubs?

24. Gennifer profile image54
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

My congratulations! That's great! wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)