If you could have a superpower

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Ms Chievous profile image64
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

The forum on changing the world got me thinking.. if you could have a superpower what would it be and why?  I think i would like the ability to read minds. that way I would be able to be more effective in my attempts to help people...

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that would be if people knew what they wanted.  smile

Ms Chievousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True.. But leave it to my motherly instinct superpower to tell them what they really want!

2. loveofnight profile image76
      loveofnightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is a dangerous power because you would also know what people think of you....sometimes it's better to be in the dark

Nah!  I 'm used to people not liking me.. won't hurt my feelings abit!

3. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd like the power of deception.

No, I didn't say dishonesty.  What I'm getting at is the extreme power of being able to fool others "at need" as a survival tool.  Let's say some dude decides to off me  (a situation which has occasionally been threatened, though I couldn't say how serious each threat was or was not).  With a deception superpower I could easily fool him into thinking I was already dead, or moved to Venus, or was too dangerous for him to comtemplate action against me.

You still think deception is a bad thing?  Well, maybe it is.  After all, it's the most important thing in all  of war:  Make the enemy army think you're going to THIS, then do THAT and wipe 'em all out.  It's the basis of all fishing:  Make the poor fishie think he's getting a snack, and instead he BECOMES a snack.  It's the basis of most competitive sports--a boxing head fake, a football or basketball play the other side  never saw coming.  And the basis of poker, chess, etc. 

Yup.  I want the superpower of deception. lol

2. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'd like to bend time please. I like the idea of bending anything to be honest so messing with time would be great.

Add that to my Christmas gift list guys big_smile

3. shamelabboush profile image52
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

I'd like to have the flying ability so I can avoid traffic everyday and reduce pollution... smile ...

4. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I would be like that one that can morph or transform into an animal like snake to prey on you froggy hehehe mouthwatering treat smile

1. profile image0
      LEWJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a funny picture GH--the little fella with the helmet! big_smile big_smile big_smile

5. Ms Chievous profile image64

Ohh bendding time is a tricky buisness frogdropping! Shamelaboush.. Do you think you could get a tax rebate for flying to work.. just like the ones we get for buying hybrids smile

1. shamelabboush profile image52
      shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let them catch me first and we will discuss taxes smile

6. profile image48
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

X-Ray Vision - Go Figure smile

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know where you're up to colored bikinis of Ms chievous  nyahahahaha...

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and of green toad too nyahahaha...

2. Ms Chievous profile image64

LOL

2. shamelabboush profile image52

I think it's too much noisy BC...

3. loveofnight profile image76
      loveofnightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i see you're being yourself again

7. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

BC x-ray vision would leave you viewing bones though. You like that kind of thing? wink

1. profile image48
      BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya always gotta go spoil my fun, DONCHA smile

8. profile image48
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Ok Invisible Man, go on Frogger try spoiling that one smile

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bit late but I'll try smile

You couldn't actually do anything other than stare, lasciviously. Touching would involve lots of freaked out wimmin and shrieking I'd imagine big_smile

Why not just go for the power of Selective Attraction? That way you could switch on your super power when you spot the wimmin you want ...

9. Ms Chievous profile image64

So are we using our powers for the good of mankind or just self gratification here?

1. shamelabboush profile image52

Self-fulfilment

2. profile image48
      BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Self gratification, jeeeez what a sily question smile

10. Ms Chievous profile image64

big_smile

11. shai77 profile image79
    shai77posted 14 years ago

The super power i would like most
    is the ability to actually understand how women thinks.
    Understand the women brain.
    Guys i beat you this time! it is absolutely the ultimate super power.No one can beat this ,i mean x-rays are cool ,but it is kid stuff compared to this.

1. Wisdom_Lover27 profile image56
      Wisdom_Lover27posted 14 years agoin reply to this

As former VP Quayle stated, "A woman's mid is a dangerous place to be!"

12. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

The ability to create Turkish Delight.

13. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

The ability to know what my wife is really thinking.

1. profile image0

lol you dont want that!!!!

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was affraid of that.sad

1. profile image0

see, you kinda did know what she was thinking...how long you been married?

1. profile image0

33yrs wonderful years! I should of clarified, when we go out to eat I allways ask,"Where would you like to go?" She allways says," I don't mind you pick." This has been going on for years mind you. I'll sugest something and she'll say, "I not in the mood for that." This process goes on until I guess the right place, HELP!smile

1. profile image0

oh, sorry. congrats on the 33 years! hubby does the same to me. i end up so hungry i could eat my arm, and we go to burger king.

14. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

It would be the ability to move on to another planet. I need something new.

1. profile image0

But we love you Super Tantrum!smile

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can come with me then lol

1. profile image0

You're on!

15. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 14 years ago

I would like to be a fly on a wall LOL

No you don't! I'm around with my swatter ! big_smile

16. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

i want to be able to type effortlessly, with no mistakes. and to be able to shit money!

17. loveofnight profile image76
    loveofnightposted 14 years ago

i would like to be able to transport from place to place like the white-lighters in charmed

18. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

On a serious note, I would like to have or for someone to have the power to heal all manner of sickness and lameness and such for all.

You should be God And I will believe smile

19. wesleycox profile image69
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

Super strength, super hearing, super vision, super speed, and flight.  Laser vision would be cool also.

20. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

*putting in request*

I would like the ability to move things with my mind so I can multi-task better. It would work perfectly with my multiple personalities.

Thank you in advance.

21. Simply Redd profile image73
    Simply Reddposted 14 years ago

Hmmm... I'd like to have the ability to make things bigger.

(No, not that!) wink

22. Valerie F profile image59
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

To be several places at once. That way, I can work, go to the kids soccer games, get the shopping done, clean up the house, teach a dance lesson, practice my music, and attend the school meeting all while hanging out at the comic book shop!

23. elisabethkcmo profile image77
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

go back in time and do things better

24. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago
  25. geminimoon profile image61
    geminimoonposted 14 years ago

My super power would bring peace and happiness to everyone on our earth.

26. GoldiString profile image62
    GoldiStringposted 14 years ago

The power to know what would be the next winning numbers for mega-million lotto. Ahem... Gimme!

27. GoldiString profile image62
    GoldiStringposted 14 years ago

Also:

The power to absorb all your powers.

28. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

then i own google

29. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

slow down time

30. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Troll Zapping

31. hubtivist profile image55
    hubtivistposted 14 years ago

I'd like to grow some hair. Will never happen. sad

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why? I wish I was bald. I was a few times and it keeps coming back.

2. GoldiString profile image62
      GoldiStringposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have the power to make wigs. Tell me the details.

32. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

x-ray vision ... too many benefits to go through them all ... smile

33. Ms Chievous profile image64

Today I wish I had the ability for total mind control.  I could just make a person do my bidding by just thinking about it.  It would make my Friday go by so much better..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)