What can you do to stop boredom?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (45 posts)
  1. tomtheledge profile image61
    tomtheledgeposted 14 years ago

Help I'm bored, what can i do ?

1. jacobkuttyta profile image42
      jacobkuttytaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there are many hubs. read them you will enjoy as well as get lot of information.

Also you can share your thoughts with us.

2. Helen Cater profile image59
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eat!!!!

1. tomtheledge profile image61
        tomtheledgeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i already tried that !

3. Lady_E profile image72
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    4. JustanotherGirl profile image60
      JustanotherGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

www.omgpop.com
      Play letterblox. You will waste a large portion of your life, but it's super fun.

5. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, isn't that what forums are for? big_smile

1. emievil profile image67
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, dohn, don't suggest that. Tom may find the forums too addictive and won't write hubs anymore (just like me sad).

1. dohn121 profile image81
          dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll admit, the Hubchallenge did burn me out a bit.  I had to have someone point a gun to my head to keep me motivates enough to finish my New Paltz hub big_smile  I'm sure you'll write another hub when the urge hits you smile

Sure hope so. I'm about to declare a no-forum week for myself smile. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I could get a 3-day ban here hehehe

6. geminimoon profile image62
      geminimoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Watch tv, read and get on the internet there is plenty to read there and also play games on pogo.com

2. elvislady profile image60
    elvisladyposted 14 years ago

We had a wonderful lady at our church that was always laughing and was so much fun to be around.  When her kids complained, they were bored, she could stop their being bored right now.  Because she could find 20 chores for them to do.  She said my kids could say they were tired, but they were not going to say they were bored.   Maybe you should look around for some chores that you need to do.  Then you can tell your friends you are really tired.  You'll feel better and your friends will think you are a person that is always getting his chores done.    Hope this cures your being bored.  I am new here also. Welcome aboard. Now,I will close, because I have some chores to finish.

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Strip and run naked out of doors, be the streak! Then write about your first night in jail. LOL

1. loveofnight profile image74
      loveofnightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i needed a good laugh today....lol

4. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Lol nice one Ralwus, or mow the lawn for the whole neighborhood !

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, and he can mow mine too. hehe good one BC

1. profile image49
        BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Plus if he cuts the grass well he has somewhere to play his tennis, everyones a winner smile

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Excercise, Write, find a hobby smile

6. shamelabboush profile image52
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

Go the window and throw something heavey on the car parking down there and claim that your neighbour did it... smile

7. JSwanson profile image58
    JSwansonposted 14 years ago

Oh my God, I wish I could feel bored for a while.  Between being a wife, mother, internet marketer it seems my days just dont have enough hours in them.

However my husband was reading with me for a while and he thinks bored or not I should be taking up the offer of running naked.  Thanks a lot guys  lol

8. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

You could come over and help me finish some pieces of hand made wood jewelry.  I hate the crimping part big_smile big_smile

I have an attic in the garage that really needs to be cleaned out.

Can you organize a garage sale?

All in good sarcastic Jane form - just joking with you smile

Really, you could go to the library and find some new books.  Bake or cook something you've never tried before.  Oh, of course there is writing smile

9. qbanmamiof2 profile image60
    qbanmamiof2posted 14 years ago

You're bored....hmmm...these forums always cure my boredon....i guess that it might be too early for the interesting topics sad

I guess you could always resort to the last option, take the car crank up the music, don't forget to sing along until the ppl in other car looks at you weird and stick your tongue out at them big_smile hee hee hee...i dunno

10. profile image0

Well I'm so pleased to have fulfilled that desire. Hehe

11. rebekahELLE profile image83
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I see you're over the Atlantic~~ I was hoping you were closer  wink
    it's a lovely day here in Tampa Bay.

monster hedges/vines on back fence need trimmed

outside of house could use a new coat of paint

I have a list...

just go out and do something different! big_smile

12. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

Hello,

Ralwus what's Jail like?
    Never being to one.
    Any laughs?
    Now there is a good idea!
    Is the food any good where you are?

13. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I know what it is like to be bored.  I will let you know when I figure out what to do about it...

14. andromida profile image54
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

You can think about writing a book on your favorite topic.

15. Tadeusz598 profile image75
    Tadeusz598posted 14 years ago

The thing to realise is that boredom is not something that happens TO you: it is something you choose.

The opposite of boredom is curiousity, and to conquer boredom I suggest you engage in activities instead of sitting on the sidelines watching them passively.

Those activities might be sporting, work-related, collecting or reading, or chores such as cleaning or ordering your house.

16. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

take a ride in the Jeep with the top down...If you do not have one go to the local dealership and test drive smile

17. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Go to the Dollar Store and bring up item after item to the cashier and ask:  "How much does this cost?"  lol

18. profile image0

Try stealing the gum put of pretty girls mouths as they talk.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Still have that same piece tucked away in my cheek, ralwus.  Ain't going anywhere.  smile

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll get that one o' these days me sweety.

19. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Boredom is contageous... Thanks alot for sharing it with us lol

20. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Write! If you own a home...just look around...surely something needs attention. Between those two...I never get bored myself.

21. .Ninna. profile image60
    .Ninna.posted 14 years ago

I usually sleep when I'm bored (hmm, do you think that'll help?). Or I just bring out my pencil and start drawing or writing--whichever comes first. I hope you get out of Kingdom Boredom soon smile

22. articleposter profile image60
    articleposterposted 14 years ago

I got bored so Joined hub pages but mostly on youtube

23. shamelabboush profile image52
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

Sleep.

24. Roffi Grandiosa profile image60
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 14 years ago

write a hub

25. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

My father used to tell me to go knock my head against the wall whenever I would complain about being bored . .I guess it worked (not that I did bang my head) but I usually found something to do to keep my interested! My motto on this I think is
    Only boring people are bored

Good quote wavegirl. I hope that doesn't apply to our OP smile.

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
        wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely not emievil . . smile

26. profile image0

Eat a horse and save a cowboy!

27. loveofnight profile image74
    loveofnightposted 14 years ago

a beer, a marlboro, and a walk through the hubs always seem to do me right

28. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

strangely enough I have just posted a reply on WaffleCheese's thread about words you hate the most and I said "I'm Bored".

I can not fathom how anybody can ever get bored. Read, call a friend, sleep, go for a walk, exercise, cook someone a meal, organize a family get together, clean your cupboards, clean your house, do some gardening the list is endless.

How can anyone not be able to think of something to do to keep them from getting bored?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)