SEO...

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Ultimate_Fitness profile image57
    Ultimate_Fitnessposted 14 years ago

I'm brand new to this whole hubpages and blogging thing. I was wondering if, in your vast knowledge, you guys could point me in the right direction of learning about SEO and things like that. Ideally I would like to maybe build up to making $1 a day per hub, I don't know if this is realistic or not, maybe you guys can let me know.

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before. Feel free to flame haha

1. starme77 profile image78
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Basically  , ya gotta read and learn .......takes alot of patience and time if your new to seo ...but if you google how to do it and spend alot of time reading , and comprehending , you too will understand and do just fine smile

1. profile image48
        BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is it any wonder why I love this girl smile

1. Appletreedeals profile image67
          Appletreedealsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Badco, you love all the girls with pretty pictures, you give great advice, but you're a sucker for a pretty smile and ... well never mind about the and.

LOL, maybe we should make you wear a blindfold.

1. profile image48

Deff am a sucker for sure, maybe I should just sail into the sunset lol !

2. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a few hubs on the basics of SEO and how to optimize each page, if you want to have a look.

I'd love to me making a dollar a day per hub! My average at the moment is about $20 a week for all of my hubs. Which isn't bad I spose I'm nearly at making $100 per month. But I am working on increasing my google search positions, so I'm hoping that figure will go up soon.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Don't have an answer for ya but wanted to stop by and say Welcome to hubpages

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

$1 per day per hub is pretty unrealistic, in my humble opinion.

There are people making $1000 per month with 250 hubs..... thats more like $4 per month for a hub.

I am earning about $2-$3 per day with 106 hubs. So thats more like $1 per hub per month so far.

People do a lot better than me, but $365 a year per hub? Money just doesnt grow on trees like that. That would mean that I could earn $38690 in the next 12 months by doing nothing. Just not going to happen.

But good luck and welcome to hubpages.

4. archdaw profile image59
    archdawposted 14 years ago

Haven't made anything, and don't think I will, but welcome!

well, if you think negativly then negative things happen ...If ya want to and you have the will and you tell yourself you can .... and you work at it ...then.....youWill smile

1. profile image48

Well said my little Star smile

Thank ya capin smile

5. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

I would not go $1 per hub page. One hub page could make you $100 while another makes you nothing. It all goes based on keywords. To get you started in finding highly searched keywords visit google and type in google keyword tool youll want the first option adwords.google.com/select/keywordtoolexternal If you want to know more there are plenty of products out there that teach it or hit me up wink

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry mate, still cant see that! $100 a day for one hub? I doubt that there is anybody making $36500 a year from all of their hubs.... yet alone one. I am sure that it is possible by some sort of fluke; but just cant see it having happened. Maybe I am wrong...... if so, please let me be the next lucky winner!

1. profile image48

I made $200 in 3 weeks on my old Google Adsense Hub, then it died a death. You need to really plan a good niche, I have 2 new serious egos hitting Hubs in a few days with well researched niches that I hope will earn me £100 a month with ease.

1. profile image0

I wish you luck with it.... maybe I will find one of those niches once I have finished my 23 hubs about England 1966 footballers wink

When you cracked onto that $200 in 3 weeks, it must have been guttering to realise that it wasnt going to last forever right?

1. profile image48

Nearly put me off mate, still you cant be right all the time but hey ya did correctly guess my 3rd ego lol !

1. profile image0

I KNEW IT!!! Get in.... I'm going to put a quid on the lottey this weekend now. I tell you what, if I win I will buy you a new pirate ship wink

1. profile image50
                Redneckmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just want a new pig farm lol !

1. profile image0

No worries, I will get one of those and BadCo a pirate ship. 100 acres do ya? Land is as cheap as chips in the dirty south.....

2. visitmaniac profile image61
        visitmaniacposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fair enough but hub pages rank high in search engines and who said all your earnings had to come from adsense online. An affiliate product could land you $100 in one sale. It is possible if you know what you are doing. Creating your own sites a bad idea as google hates new sites and back linking. While on hub pages and can backlink like mad and not be flagged for it because of the size and how old the site is.

1. profile image0

I dont doubt that it is possible mate. If somebody spent $1,000,000 through one of my Amazon hubs tomorrow, then that hub has made me more than $100 per day for 12 months.

I know that there are success stories, hubs that really do 'make it'..... but I still believe that $100 every single day, from one hub, would take a lot of genius, a lot of work, and a hell of a lot of luck!

Im sure it can happen; but then I guess nobody is going to shout about it if it does big_smile

6. Ultimate_Fitness profile image57
    Ultimate_Fitnessposted 14 years ago

Thanks guys,

I figured that $1/day maybe fairly unrealistic. Just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone was doing it or anything close to it. Do you guys post or articles on any other sites other than HubPages?

Thanks for the words of welcome!

7. Georgina_writes profile image80
    Georgina_writesposted 14 years ago

I've been writing hubs for two months now, admittedly a bit sporadic due to other committments, and so far I've made slightly less than $5 in total, but I think the first few hubs are a bit of a learning curve.  Good luck

8. Kaabi profile image62
    Kaabiposted 14 years ago

I'm having trouble making $1 a day per actual website, it would be extremely difficult to do that per Hub.  As for SEO, you should use SEOBook.com, but you can really get all the information you need by reading forums.  It's all about keyword research, content built around those keywords, and link building.  That's SEO.

9. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

If your good enough you can make $100's on one hub alone. Its all up to your traffic, your google ranking, and your promotion.

~thranax~

1. profile image48
      PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not per day, dream on.

10. JSwanson profile image59
    JSwansonposted 14 years ago

SEO is a tough game to play and earning online is even tougher.

Earning a dollar a day per hub would create a lot of very happy people here.

It really is a matter of what you are willing to put into it.  I make a very nice second income for my family but working online is my full time job and I treat it as such.

HubPages is great but if you want to earn more money you will have to look into multiple streams of income.

1. profile image48

I could earn a dollar a day on Hubs standing on my head in the toilet during my teabreaks. I deleted 50 hubs on my old account that were making me over a dollar a day. But you can make more, tis finding the Holy Grail, my next two egos will !

well said

11. starme77 profile image78
    starme77posted 14 years ago

Love ya too captain X smile

1. profile image48

And you I am going to take under my wing as my new Cabin Girl !

O.k Captain We'll sail this ship together smile

1. profile image48

Obviously I can't give out either my 2 niches or new persona on here, check yer mail.

Think ya just got ya a little crush there captain? I can figure out your alter egos - give me a coulple days and I'll  mail ya the answer -

1. profile image48

The ship has sailed, the Captain waits for nobody and not those alter egos I was talking about 2 new accounts smile

2. profile image48

The Captain is off to bed, you better jump on board smile

Night all !

12. profile image50
    Redneckmanposted 14 years ago

Well played mate. pity Norwich can't play as well lol !

1. profile image0

4-0 win on monday night mate, things are looking up wink

1. profile image48

City 3-1 and that tosser Tevez saying sorry to the West Ham fans, like move on. Still City are on again Monday night plus I think their League Cup match is on too. Oh check this site out, its a fantasy league betting site where you win prizes, you will love it http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/forum/

1. profile image0

Bookmarked, cheers for that. (sunforged he probably owns this one too). I reckon you lot will break the top 4 this year.

The best thing about this season for me is the brilliant job that Roy Keane is doing at Ipswich Town..... would love to see those scumbags relegated!

1. profile image48

Pmsl, I hate that git Keane ex Man U scumbag and am loving watching him getting beat. Nothing beats the footie mate, hey Friday nights how about making up a Saturday bet between us, you pick 2 and I pick 2, be a laugh.

1. profile image0

Yeah alright why not, scores or just outcome? We could probably make this into a thread in fairness.... sures theres a few other footy fans, sufidreamer likes a bit of footy I think.

1. profile image48

You sure Sufi likes footy, hes a Preston fan lol !

13. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Making $1 per day for every hub is unrealistic, but making an average of $1 per hub is a accomplishable. (apparently thats not a word?)

If your only real income is the adsense program, than your in for a real battle.

But with a good balance of properly researched hubs using many income streams, $1 per day per hub would be a bad day.

For example, one of my hubs would easily subsidize 15 others to reach that average.

Badco, why the hell would you delete well performing work? are you on some sort of meds?

its not wise to delete any hubs, tweak, edit, revamp...sure, but deleting is pointless, esp when published under a pseudonym

1. profile image0

Hes just an enigma, thats like asking George Best how to be the most charismatic footballer. It's not something that can be explained wink

We all know that BadCo runs the site anyway, most of the people on here are controlled by an unknown anonymous man at the top of the empire state.... 500,000 hubs?

250,000 of those were written by the man/woman/machine behind the BadCo login..... he is so rich that he hires a stripper to hold his willy whilst he pees.

2. profile image48

Because I am who I am, I can do better and I will now I have totally sussed the site out. For me writing is an Art but earning money is a game, in fact its all a game to me. Am I on meds, only liquid red my friend !

14. shai77 profile image81
    shai77posted 14 years ago

Ok a lot of people said seo to your hubs.
    Please give some ideas how seo
    How to..step by step will be just fine .

1. profile image0

Search for SEO in the search box, people have written hubs about it; so give them a traffic stat or too wink

15. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

SEO basics,

1. Find a topic you want to write about
    2. List seed keywords about 5 - 10 that have to do with your topic
    3. Search you keywords on nichewatch.com and also google type in google keyword tool first link is the one you want type in your keywords see what ones get the most traffic as in searches
    4. Go to google type in those keywords and see how many pages you are in competition with.
    5. Figure out what it would take to rank on the first page of that keyword by visiting the 1st and 10th site on the listing.
    6. Create you hub and include those keywords about 3-5 for the topic at hand. Each keyword should show up about every 300 to 500 words or 3 times within your writing for the hub.

There are other factors but way to much to go into great detail about it however that will get your feet at least wet

1. profile image48

This guy is the best, trust me on that !

16. profile image48
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Damn that Starme77 has gone, now she is way better than footie smile

1. profile image0

Lol. Rednckwman looks proper fit in her new pic, dont ya think?

17. shai77 profile image81
    shai77posted 14 years ago

Thank for some good advice and had some good laughs.
    Cap you are funny :-)

18. R P Chapman profile image60
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

Providing you're prepared to work hard I'm sure you can make that and more from article writing on hubpages. But as others have said it takes much more than simply writing the articles and waiting for the cheques.

There are some great hubs on the subject, there's loads on the web in general (as you might expect). Just don't get suckered into the idea that it's easy money. If you want to do it for a living you're going to have to put in the hours. If you do, it's there to be had.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it along the way.

19. Overseas property profile image60
    Overseas propertyposted 14 years ago

It was great reading this thread as I now know my expectations were too high in the first place.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)