Unfortunately for atheists...

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Fear Godposted 14 years ago

Unfortunately for the atheist, God never revealed or proved his creatorhood to Adam or Eve. I looked closely at Genesis and noticed that God created everything away from their sight, bringing the animals TO Adam as it says, even putting him
    to sleep when making his wife! O how clever, that omnipotent figure, setting man up for FAITH from the very beginning, intimidating the beasts of the field with authoritative claims towards man, such as sudden death upon eating a tree, the beasts deciding to use man as a guiney pig to test those claims, the serpent being the "most subtil" at figuring out how to do this.

If you doubt the idea that God is ruthlessly clever, consider the unknown fact that God has a host of lying spirits attending him in heaven whom he sends out to spread lies:

[19] And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.
    [20] Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?
    [21] And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the LORD said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.
    [22] Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.

I will be posting to my hub "God's superior cleverness" countless NDE's (near death experiences) where time and time again dead fools consistently meet robed angelic figures who verbally discourage the idea of a fearful judgmental God. Meet the "lying spirits."

Also consider: "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" 2 Thes. 2:11

And, "he taketh the wise in their own craftiness." Job 5:13

I possess "advanced revelations" from a literal standpoint on scripture you will not believe, from my own personal bible study. I will be bringing you every one of them with time here at this portal of the internet.

1. UpHisAss profile image59
      UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha - I see your "advanced revelations,"  and raise you a "spoken unto by the Lord."

I have been "convikted" - which is three stages higher in esoteric knowledge and only one step down from "lying prophet."

Therefore I win. big_smile

2. JeniBurd1976 profile image58
      JeniBurd1976posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

I like what you have written, it gives a true individual view of spiritual reality but I do have to point out that not all spirits lie and there is a good reason for their lies. I have been angry a few times for being lied to but overall spirits to provide honesty and their lies are only tricks to bring good. Actions speak louder than words anyway. A false prophet could be many people and this notion prevents many from speakng out but being honest with your views and findings is always a good thing, even if it helps others learn from their mistakes. But I see the quotes you have written differently. The last quote, to me, is only what God would do when someone lies against him. The diverse ordinances are his promise of the same and can be viewed in real life everyday. Even film writers use the same theories of karma when they write their stories..

3. profile image0
      Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome Fear God,I will be watching for your material.Good luck.

4. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy to see another apologist here, Welcome!

5. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

O how clever, that man has found ways since the very beginning to tell mythical stories to explain things that had not yet been learned.

Scientific exploration has discovered the physical causes of "divine" biblical stories, but the stories are still defended. What is the purpose?

If god is omnipotent and has superior cleverness, wouldn't it welcome man's advancing knowledge instead of stifling it?

Wouldn't it be sending new puzzles for man to solve? Maybe it's just that we just haven't found any ancient scrolls to pore over in a while. Pray to your god to reveal some more stuff... some of our scientists are getting bored.

6. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WHAT A DELUSIONAL WAY TO PERCEIVE REALITY!  UNLESS YOU WERE JOKING.  YOU WERE JOKING. RIGHT?

7. Messenger_of_god8 profile image60
      Messenger_of_god8posted 14 years agoin reply to this

god is m and w female produce offspring with no partner

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Its unfortunate for athiests that crazy people like you believe in Adam and Eve, it was just a damn story dude. I dont understand why you lot think that we are misfortunate, if given a clear choice between eternal life and being used as fertiliser and supporting the eco-system upon death, I would choose the latter. I in fact have sympathy for those that genuinely believe their souls will exist for eternity. Not that they will be around to realise that they were wrong, but all of those lost hours that could have been spent doing fun things like gambling, sleeping around, getting pissed, having the odd smoke, punching some bloke over a football game every so often, taking something you shouldnt. You know, the fun things in life.

1. theageofcake profile image60
      theageofcakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are crazier things to believe, ryankett.  As one of the world's greatest thinkers, Carl Everett, so astutely observes (ahem):

"God created the sun, the stars, the heavens and the earth, and then made Adam and Eve. The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Somebody actually saw Adam and Eve. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus rex."

The guy's definitely on to something - I mean, what evidence do we have that dinosaurs really existed?  A few fossils?  Posh!  I ain't seen nothing.

But of course, we have witnesses to vouch for the existence of Adam and Eve, such as *inaudible grumble*.

1. TimTurner profile image69
        TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People really need to use simple logic and common sense.  If you can believe in a mystical place called the Garden of Eden where 2 people who were never born existed, then you can believe in large reptilian animals that lived here way before us.

What seems more logical?  Seriously.  This "magic" place or large animals?

And who the hell saw Adam & Eve?  And if they were the first people on "Earth" why didn't the millions and millions of people who existed before Judaism and Christianity were created, not know who the hell they were?  haha

The Bible is made up of a ton of fictional, inspirational stories..not all the stories are fact.

It boggles my mind how truly smart people don't use logic.  But, then again, their religion teaches them not to question or use logic.  I wonder why smile

1. wyanjen profile image70

gold star for Tim smile

1. TimTurner profile image69
            TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there a cash reward for my gold star award? lol

Get yourself an envelope, and send it off to Cash4GoldStar. lol

2. Katelyn Weel profile image90
        Katelyn Weelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A few fossils? How about thousands of whole skeletons.. pure evidence built into the Earth's crust itself...I'd like to hear you claim those don't exist.

1. theageofcake profile image60
          theageofcakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify - I was being entirely facetious.  The quote is real but the man who said it is an idiot.  I in no way condone Mr. Everett's behavior, nor his tragically skewed version of the universe.

3. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Are you so basic as to believe in 'evil' spirits and 'angels' ?
    And you think you will bring the truth  of God to us ? yikes

you're delusional, to say the list !

And by the way, to promote yourself in this forum is not allowed.

you should learn from your God's cleverness and know better ! big_smile

and welcome to hubpages !  lol

1. JeniBurd1976 profile image58
      JeniBurd1976posted 14 years agoin reply to this

At what point were spirits, good or evil separated from God. Who do you think he is? A being who sells vegetables????

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why not ?

4. Katelyn Weel profile image90
    Katelyn Weelposted 14 years ago

Well, I believe in Jack and the Beanstalk. FEAR THE OGRE!

5. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Are you supposed to "feel sorry" for people as a believer?  I don't think so.  You're supposed to "promote the world of god" not talk down to people and "feel sorry" for them.  You have no right to judge according to your own "belief."

Goes to show you don't know your own religion or whatever you believe in.

As a non-believer, I feel sorry for you!

6. profile image0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years ago

The most basic premise of this thesis is flawed--assuming that any other person on earth is less than your own self. Have you not sinned, fear god? If you have then you are indeed a reprobate to God as is every other human. To extoll such wisdom as you dare impart to everyone uses the premise that you are superior.

I beg to differ. You grovel for your salvation as any other soul.

Shame on you for esteeming athiests or any human as a sad case when you yourself exemplify it with such omnipotent arrogance.

Welcome to the religion forums.

7. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Fear God Wrote :

'I possess "advanced revelations" from a literal standpoint on scripture you will not believe, from my own personal bible study. I will be bringing you every one of them with time here at this portal of the internet.'

You're right ! We will not believe  lol lol

How many revelations do you have?
      We may need a bigger portal.

My "advanced revelations" come from a completely different source....

8. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Fear god on your own fear god! smile

9. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

another case of hornet's nest getting disturbed... religion forum is indeed very amusing...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)