God doesn't demand subordination?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (32 posts)
  1. sa282h profile image59
    sa282hposted 14 years ago

I've heard it time and time again that you only become subordinate when you choose to be, not because there's a God to be feared.

Fools ignore the fact they are already subordinate to God through dependence on a host for their survivial, i.e. a planet created by the Lord of "hosts" for us parasites; subordination is already at work in their lives and they'll fret for their life when going unconscious at death, subordinate to the omniscient phantom who Lords over the unknown. God is a master illusionist and omniscient power king, and has deliberately designed everything to keep us subordinate.

You're subordinate whether you like it or not, precisely the reason you seek out a way to NOT be subordinate, the only available route being morals, to look better than God morally.

So you go "about to establish your own righteousness" and not submit yourself to the righteousness of God.

Proud sinners....

You are the biblical definition of pride.

Jesus 'kicking it' with sinners and prostitutes never happened; he SAID certain things to an adulteress about sin, and DID certain things to manifest his glory at a wedding.

To the adulteress, he said, "Go and sin no more," since he was to condemn sinners once he takes the throne (they didn't let him!), and at the wedding feast he did the miracle to "manifest his glory" as the story said. He not once congratulated the bride and groom marrying in disobedient Israel to whom he was sent to demand repentance ("Repent ye" Jesus said several times in the gospels, even threatening with hellfire, only being SYMBOLIC when he TOLD YOU he was going to be symbolic, "here's a parable," none of those parables featuring the story of hellfire, him never preceeding his mention of it with "here's a parable").

Everyone's proud understanding of scripture is twisted to rob Jesus of his power to destroy sinners once he takes the throne of Israel.

Behold this 'wrathful' Old Testament prophecy concerning him, from the bible: "Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. [Psalms ch 2; to be fulfilled when he returns to take the Jewish throne; see Revelation ch 19 for the gory details involving himself on a horse followed by the armies out of heaven]. He alluded to this himself when he said "and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." The bible talks about the "times of the Gentiles" when the heathen (you) get to have their hayday before he returns to kill them, thinking all is well: "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." (bible)

Everyone here is prime candidate to be taken by surprise, all of whom have rejected sound biblical doctrine: "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;" (bible, II Tim. 4:3)

The church unable to endure sound doctrine hesitates not to rob Jesus of his power since they are guilty of sins.

Don't even try to use the "Judge not lest ye be judged" card on me; the said verse was followed by his command to clear up your sins so that you can see clearly to pull out the beam from your brother's eye (judge him!), a fact ignored by this present day mass of doctrine-rejecting christians, as well as: "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?" (judge others), and countless other scripture verses showing how everyone today is massively scripturally ignorant, calling themselves christian and using the 'wolves in sheeps clothing' card against people who speak against sin as commanded: "These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee." (bible), preferring ministers instead who use soft words: "For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." (bible)

Better to know where you really stand with God now, than to find out on judgment day. Believe me, you are WAY behind scripture, having been fed a totally backwards teaching of it.

Fear God, for if you don't now, you will be.

Subordination is your fate, not because you choose it, but because God's already established it.

1. profile image0
      Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The whole world of Christianity is not wandering around in darkness,being led astray by satan and false doctrine.Many of the worlds believers have a true,unfettered relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.A lot of what you say is true.The so called body or church is corrupt and polluted.They do not walk in His light.Therefore they are none of His.Did Jesus not teach that there were tares in the wheat? He will decide and seperate them,not you.And you are wrong.You are given discernment,not judgement.You sound like a disciple of yes2truth who runs through these forums cursing out everyone in Jesus name.You`re causing the name of Jesus to be vilified carrying on like you do.You sound like some recently saved young man who wants to be a modern day prophet, who only knows how to spout out recently   memorized scripture at the top of your lungs.In reality you`re turning people away from you before they have a chance to hear your message.Quieten down and slow down a little bit.You`re acting like an ignorant,pompus ass.

2. Evolution Guy profile image58
      Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are correct - the Christian faith is one of hatred and conflict.

Personally, I think it is wrong - this rubbish as well as the fake "love thy neighbor while stabbing them in the back" from the paper Christians.

The bible is indeed a wonderful tool for creating conflict and strife - which is I suppose what "GOD" wants? Odd that - if you just give it a minute of thought - see? Yup - senseless garbage. smile

Still - as I understand it, I will be given a chance to grovel when the time comes and it is already decided so what difference does it make? None - precisely - which is why nobody follows the ridiculous teachings because they know deep down it is meaningless rubbish.

So - I am with you. Throw out the bronze age book, dispose of all religion and start thinking for ourselves. On the off chance that jeebus does turn up - we can grovel; then. wink

sa282hposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just because the bible causes conflict doesn't render it untrue. Jesus himself said his words would cause CONFLICT:

"[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
        [35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
        [36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." (BIBLE)

As for Rick Marlow, you can ignore him. The book of Revelation says the endtime church will be a pathetic sight despite what he says about it. God speaking to the church: "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear;" (BIBLE)

So endtime apostasy and carnal lukewarm christians making up MOST of the entire church is declared in the bible, contrary to the words of a Rick Marlow.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58

But that doesn't make it true either.

And I am well aware what the bible says. I have come to the conclusion it is hate filled war mongering by bronze age peasant war lords (popes they called them) - not the word of an imaginary GOD.

All you have to do is think about it. There are 2 aspects here.

1. The inherent self fulfilling conflict and  ready made martyrdom for those poor down trodden believers who are "persecuted" for spreading the Love of The Lord. lol

2. The unrealistic aspirations of "love one another" which was far far easier to do when all your immediate neighbors believed the same crap you did or you just killed or enslaved them.

Neither of which make any sense to be the word of a god. And with a little digging into history of other religions - it becomes clear that the bible is that bastardized word of man - not an imaginary super being.

Therefore it is wrong. There is no god.

And your interpretation is just as valid as any other.

i.e. Not at all. you are wrong. Your GOD does not exist.

You might want to see my post "God = Sneaky."

Just so you know my credentials, I began as an evolutionist atheist, then I became Christian, rejected evolution, and with time God seriously put the fear of God in me, so much so that I now consider him sneaky enough to make lies look true to damn unbelievers, especially when the bible says he does this. This applies to political conspiracies surrounding the creation of scripture; very convincing-looking arguments, authored by God himself as a lie. I also have sought out every political or occult argument against the authenticity of scripture and know a great deal about suppressed history. Yet, I fear God enough to consider his trickyness in making things appear certain ways to damn us.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58

Not really. Your worthless interpretations stem from the same place as every one else's.

Fear

And they can do one thing and one thing only - cause conflict. Which is apparently what god wants? lol lol

How ridiculous. Now - give it some real thought without the smell of fear in your nostrils and you will realize you are wrong. There is no god.

The very fact that you were an "evolutionist atheist" tells me all I need to know about your credentials thanks. Fear and ignorance. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. Paraglider profile image89
              Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. You not only fear this God of yours but apparently hate him too, or at least consider him to be devious and a liar. I'd hate to be inside your head.

Nothing I said in my previous post indicated I hated him; I said he damns us and he tricks us into being damned...if we are stubborn. You knew what I meant, you're just very determined to twist it into a sin to find fault with me.

Keep up the sinful work, you're only heaping up God's wrath.

1. earnestshub profile image81
                  earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are a psychological case, go get some help to deal with your irrational fear.

"FEAR him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell," said Jesus in the bible.

As for whether THEY thought he was a psychological case:

"And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself."

And, look how the sweet, lovable, godly 'scribes' of Jesus's time saw him: "He hath Beelzebub."

Immediately the REAL demon possessed morons reading this will jump at the opportunity to say: "You're not Jesus, stop being a martyr," as their only defense, since scripture clearly condemns them so they've got to condemn me somehow in return, find fault with me in any way possible.

When they're crying out from hell, they shouldn't be surprised if they hear a voice say, "Oh stop being a martyr!"

2. Paraglider profile image89
                  Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, mate, I have no interest in 'twisting anything into a sin', because I have no use for the concept of sin. I do however distinguish between good and bad actions, and what I see in your case is someone seriously damaging himself by adopting and forever reinforcing wrong and harmful beliefs. Maybe take up hillwalking or something - your choice - and try to let go of all this nonsense.

2. profile image0
          Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying that you`re one of the righteous?How do you know I`m not?Don`t others speak the the truth also?You just lump everyone in the same pot with excepyion of yourself.

3. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its for ones own good that you give yourself up to god. smile
      "Merge your will with the cosmic will"poet Iqbal
      Then you are god so you are surrendering to yourself. smile

4. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am willing to concede that we should live by scripture if you can show me that the bible has anymore claim to the truth than the quoran,bhagavad gita,bar do thodol,etc etc.

Prove to us that the bible is the only book and do it with out resorting to scripture.The bible can not validate its self,that would have no validity.

Buddhists believe that people are like rivers,they come from the same source and end in the same sea but all take different paths.That makes more sense than the horrible end you have pieced together by selecting passages that support your subconscious rage against mankind.There are many beautiful spiritually uplifting passages in the bible as well.Why not focus on those.Perhaps there you will find the peace you are so desperately in need of.I would fear you face to face.You are an angry and there for Dangerous man.I pray you do not take the next step in your obvious decent into Madness.

Find your inner peace dude...

2. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

You're not serious???!!!yikes

3. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

sa282h I thought you were banned.  Weren't every single one of your 6 or 8 threads from yesterday closed?   

Curious, do you know quietnessandtrust?

4. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

What possible sense needs to be made of this or other OT threats.
    These things that you are afraid of are simply not true.

Oh yes they are my friend. These things are DEFINITELY true. Just because they've been ignored by each successive generation of christians, does not mean they are not true. They are still true as written in the pages of that book, the book never changes, and it WILL come to pass, despite wholesale bible rejection.

"for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." (bible)

Don't say the bible has been retranslated over and over and lost the original meaning; you are only accusing God of not having an authoritative thing to say about anything and refusing to preserve a copy of his word for an english speaking people with the moving of the times.

Don't fool yourself.

As you may knpw I am not a religionist, but I am a student of the bible and quoran, and I am confident that no Omni anything entity could hold such psychosis.
        What you are reading is simply the human condition at the time it was written and to the people who were supposed to respond to it. smile
        Today it can be seen clearly as a pile of psychologically naive dribble. smile

It's completely useless to you, only because you don't FEAR God. It's easy to see scripture as dribble when you've no fear of God whatsoever.

I have had time to arrive at my lack of fear, and although you believe the bible is literal, it is just the hate filled fantasy of a few old sexist men repeating older ideas from other gods.
            Religiosity is hardwired. You need to study other ways to understand self other than through religion, no good has ever come of it.

5. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

There is a theory that Jesus was a schizophrenic. He thought God was talking to him and he also thought he was God. (Don't look for logic in schizophrenia.) Much of what Jesus supposedly said, and the way he supposedly said it, certainly fits the description of schizophrenic delusions.

I'm not saying it's true, just that it's a theory. An interesting theory.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

It is the truth though, he was a god- man , both man and god. smile

1. Sara Tonyn profile image60
        Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Being both is something a schizophrenic might claim but it doesn't make it true.

Just sayin'.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

It is a duality there is no doubt about that.This is what happens after enlightenment , one know he is god the light and human at the same time.

we have two seed mantras in Hindi.

Om Namo Shiva - I bow to Shiva (god)
          Shiv Ho Hum- I am Shiva (god)
          Both are correct. smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

Yes the bible looks a little different when you look at what is being claimed as truth from other angles. Many theories make a lot more sense than the bible does. smile

1. Sara Tonyn profile image60
        Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep.

I have a problem with a superior being that smotes people right and left, demands to be worshipped, threatens people with eternal damnation, surrounds them with temptations, impregnates an unmarried virgin, kills his own son and yet claims to be all-loving and all-forgiving and all-merciful and all-good and all-perfect and all....

You make the point well! smile

6. mobilephone guide profile image59
    mobilephone guideposted 14 years ago

for a higher being NOT to subordinate lower beings? why not? with this vast endless universe and all the multiverses, if a higher being exists that behaves like us, why shouldn't it/they?

so what? they/it/something doesn't need any consent from a lower being. if it sees us as bacterias, why should it need permission to study/kill/examine us?

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Boy did this topic explode with some nuttiness. Complete chaos running rampant.

First off- the bible is a history and mythology combined in one book. Pieces of it are wrong and some are correct. People blur the comprehension, when they wrongly read the text or interpret each scripture.

Why? Because they do not understand the reason for the format in which Jesus Christ teaches his disciples. You do not understand the primitive language, which he was to work with. You do not know where mankind's brain development was at.

There is a lot you do not know and you take on faith. The scripture were not meant for conscious thinking people. Jesus Christ's teachings were meant for people who couldn't think for themselves, much less anything else.

The mythology part of the bible is religion itself. Jesus Christ told his disciples not to worship a false deity or idol. You were not to give-in to the mystical religious doctrines, as perpetuated by any 'church'.

And, BILLIONS of people completely misunderstand that they are true gods of earth. They control their own life through rational and sane thoughts, reinforced by their own conscience which guides them toward good or bad actions. When you make a choice, you guide yourself.

You have no need for faith or belief in any external authority, because you control your life.

Jesus Christ wanted his disciple to think for themselves, to make morally right decisions and do things to help benefit society.

That's the true message of Jesus Christ in context.

1. mobilephone guide profile image59
      mobilephone guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i like things that way big_smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)