How well do Poetry pages do in the Hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)
  1. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

I have a poetry bank (like most poets) and some of them have won awards and I'd like to publish them all. But, if they're a slower earner I'll do my articles first. Does anyone who publishes their work get page views? And, writing keywords for a poem is difficult, but I've learned to use the keyword tool. Any tips?

2. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

From being here almost three years, and also what I've seen elsewhere, original poetry does not monetize well.

3. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

I see. So maybe I'll just do it for fun between articles then. Thanks DS!

*edited for spelling

1. profile image57
      joannabananaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah i just got on and i just want to do hubs for fun but i personally love to read poetry

4. Flightkeeper profile image64
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Poetry may not do well moneywise.  But a lot of people here like to read it.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Poetry gives insight to the viewer about you, your beliefs and how you think.

In one swoop, a person can tell alot about a person from the poetry they write.

Traffic isn't great, but if people are really interested in YOU as a person, then they will learn alot about you.

I think it doesn't hurt to have poetry. It just another areas people can connect with one another.

I say, do it. Your fans will increase, because those who do write poems, know the place the other has been.

6. bearnmom profile image67
    bearnmomposted 14 years ago

As a poet of sorts, I have published a lot of my poems in hubs.  I get page views from time to time, but they are not my main source of content. 

I mostly do recipes and recently I started doing reviews of local restaurants and bake shops. 

I posted my poems here as a means to claim my original content.  I have had one of my poems posted at another website without my permission and am not permitted to post that poem on here.  They did give me credit for writing the piece but I was disappointed that I couldn't use it again.

My poetry has won merit awards and was posted at poetry.com but I recently found that that site has either moved or no longer exists.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Poetry.com was bought out by Lulu, a self publishing site. I would assume that is a good thing, since Poetry.com used to be a scam and Lulu is a pretty legitimate business.

7. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

We have absolutely awesome poets here. big_smile

Welcome!

8. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

As in all things...the sky is the limit! Go for it! Maybe...someday Poems will become the top hub earners on here! (Maybe hmm ?) With your "Poem Bank"...you will be able to bring some of your best work to appear on the Hub World...and then to Cyber-space...while building up a fan base here of folks who will enjoy reading your stuff. Who knows what will happen after that...? Good fortune in all your writings, Sandy McCollum....Welcome to Hub Pages!

9. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Here's my two cents:

I have a decent amt of poetry up. Compared to other hubs, no they don't draw the views quite so well. Some, though, do better than others. In terms of making money--no, you probably won't see much, if anything, from poetry but the same often holds true for creative fiction as well. You're more less going to get most of your views from within HP, likely from your own fans.

If you have poetry you want to post, I'd say post it! You might find a whole new audience here to appreciate your work. Just don't expect a big windfall! big_smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good point girl big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)