DREAM Catcher

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Anybody want to share a "sleep" dream or nightmare?  Then have it analyzed?

I have a continuous dream of being chased by a bear in the forest and then my legs stop working and I wake up.

Now the person below you has to analyze your dream

Then share a dream of their own.

Here we go either way I tried big_smile

Let's go

Kimberly.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you may have a fear of being caught bare.

One of my recurring ones is that I have a new baby, very tiny, and I keep misplacing it.

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Thanks hilarious lol

1. mega1 profile image80
          mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

misplacing a tiny baby is a fear of inadequacy dream - there is something important in your life you may be ignoring or you may feel you haven't done right -

I have a recurring dream about a huge house and friends come to live with me there - I am always moving into different rooms in the house that weren't there before.  My friends often leave without saying goodbye and I am sad - lengthy dreams!

2. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

When I was a kid I always had a recurring dream of walking into the StarWars Cantina and getting my arm cutoff with a lightsaber like in the movie! YIKES for a kid!

1. profile image0

yikes

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I wish I could participate, but I have no dreams that I remember. Sorry, have nothing to share. smile

1. profile image0

Thanks for letting us know Cagsil, big_smile

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They wouldn't fit.

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're not funny.

1. Stimp profile image60
          Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lollollol

1. profile image0

lol lol lol

1. Stimp profile image60

Are you sleeping???  What the.....

4. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

A few nights ago I was asleep and was trying to get up, but I couldn't, Then I tried to speak and nothing would come out. I started kicking and trying to scream and I heard someone say, "look at her", finally I was able to get up and thought I was my daughter, who is 16. When I looked in her room she was sound asleep.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

look up sleep paralysis  (i spelled it wrong, sorry) it stinks, at the risk of sounding odd....Mrvoodoo has a couple good hubs about it

5. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

forgot anylyze. you probably used to camp as a kid then had the thoughts in your mind.. so overwhelming that your body was parylyzed in the night by the thought

6. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

Lets see, lets see.  I got nothin'....right now.  If I could sleep, maybe I could come up with something.

1. profile image0

Okay that was pretty funny and I can relate lol

7. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

I do dream occassionally about the "real" Stimp as in my profile pic.  That pic was taken 17 years ago when he, obviously, was a baby.

8. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Even a few years after graduation I would have a recurring dream of running through the halls trying to find my locker, then after getting there realizing I couldn't remember my combo to get my books and thinking I really needed them because i was shy a few credits and wouldn't graduate with the rest of senior class. All that but in real life i never had to study,  but got good grades and was never close to not graduating.!#$

9. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

it sounds like you had a huge fear anxiety of failing, that it used to keep you up at night.  or your affraid you might've missed out on something in high school.  it doesn't sound major that you should worry about it.  we all have fears and anxiety's about leaving a lot of unfinished business behind as we get older.  im no expert, but thats my opinion.

i had a dream once when i was a kid, where i was just getting home from school and as soon as i shut the door.  all these derranged monsters started to chase me.  i tried to leave the house and tried to hide in one of the rooms, but all the doors were locked.  too scared to think of anything i just ran, until i saw the only open door in the house; which was my room ironically.  as i entered there was some elderly woman standing there sternly saying, "there is no escape."  i turn my head and see all these monsters standing behind me.  gradually moving closer to me, then looking at the old woman as she turned into a monster herself.  then of course, i woke up after that.  scared out of my mind as everything seemed so real in that dream.  of course, i don't have dreams like that now, but it was pretty intense at the time.

1. profile image0

rooms supposedly indicate your inner self.
      i would guess, you dont feel like you can rely on anyone but yourself, and you feel as though no one is what they seem...

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, amazingly, your the first person that could decipher that for me.  i never thought of it that way until now.

10. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

dream catcher? They only work if your dream is to be gay.

11. profile image52
    allisaposted 14 years ago

Last night I have a dream that I am falling from a hill and when I touch ground I wake up and see that I am safe in my room.

12. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

All my dreams were recurring dreams. I rarely had sindgle one time drewams and most were nightmares.... Like... I would climb a ladder to get on the garage roof, but the ladder kept going high up into the clouds, then i would look down and realize how high i was which made the later tip... I would fall for what seemed forever embracing the hit in my mind and get "shocked" awake in real time as I hit the ground. And it hurt like being hit by lightning! I hated that one.

1. profile image0

your afraid to fail
      people tell you your a dreamer, get real....
      dont listen to them

1. mel22 profile image61
        mel22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

But i was a steelworker on semi highrises so heights are nothing to me....

1. Stimp profile image60

Did she mean afraid to fall physically or emotionally?

1. profile image0

faIL
            not fall

i meant.....your afraid of not being good enough

1. Stimp profile image60

ya, that's what I figured you meant.

1. profile image0

smile
                i got some nightmares
                but i dont feel like talking now...

1. Stimp profile image60

My neither.  I might try to go to bed.

1. profile image0

wink sweet dreams

13. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I,ve also had dreams of animals like bats or rats biting my neck and i couldn't move to get it off me like I was parylyzed and then waking realizing I had a sore neck

1. profile image0

my guess is that the rats and bats represent the daily trivial problems that go through your life biting you and nit picking at you, that it causes you a lot stress and tension.

14. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

i had a dream once when i was 8 years old.  i was in the military riding around in the back of a truck.  there was explosions and gunfire all around us, yet surprisingly the bullets never hit us, or did the explosions.  there were people flying through the air, and me and other guys in that truck started to throw grenades at them relentlessly.  i woke up after killing one of them.  pretty sadistic, i know.  however to this day, that's the weirdest dream i've had.

15. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Anyone ever had a dream of being chased but then as the dream progresses your legs become so heavy you cant lift them to keep running and the gravity becomes so severe that it is about to put you on the floor?

1. profile image0

it sounds like according to your dream that you're running away from your problems in life, for so freaking long that it causes you great deal of pain the more and more you run away from them.

16. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I have a continuous dream of being chased by a bear in the forest and then my legs stop working and I wake up.

In the woods represents life and the unknowns; your running away represents your reluctance in making a choice and the bear represents that decision that you are avoiding. The bear or "wild thing"   sorry you woke up before you decided to embrace it or kill it.
        Now we will never know.

I had a dream that I was back home at my mom and dads house.  actually I was walking through the woods coming near to the house when flaming arrows started flying past, barley missing my head, coming from the area of the house. I would run from tree to tree and the arrows continued following me where ever I hid.

17. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Maybe your mind was wondetring if your parents really wanteed you back at home and the arrows represented your misguidfed notions on them wanting or not wanting you there.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually you are close. 
         I was living 500 miles away, sleeping in my own bed. Unknown to me they had gotten angry with me over something that someone else said that I had said.
         The night I dreamed this dream they had sat down and written a somewhat scornful letter that I received three days later.
         The arrows was the letter that they wrote.
         This was one of my first precognative dreams.

18. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

There are several kinds of dreams.
      Some purely as entertainment ..
      Some are precognitive.
      Some are remnants of a past experience
      Some are a form of communication between your subconscious and consciousness

I have always found dreams to be very interesting; both my own and others.

1. profile image0

JERAMI....theres lots of avitars too...  wink

1. profile image0

lol lol lol

19. elisabethkcmo profile image78
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

i've had the same basic dream all my life about finding money all over the ground and picking it up

20. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I think there are ghosts in my house.

1. Stimp profile image60

Why do you think there are ghosts in your house?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)