Why I Believe In God

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

I have not posted this for debate and I certainly do not want to convert anyone. The idea of Converting is not in my spiritual system of belief.
    There are a lot of statements made that people who believe in God base it on feelings and what they call faith (which is not true faith that is mentioned)

Because I believe in God, I am called a Christian, silly, unintelligent and..well you get the idea.

OK because of the comments made let me explain. I believe in what Christ taught. However I am not a part of the Christian Religion because I do not interpret what Christ taught the way that religion does.

Why I Believe in God.

Because when I and others, in meditation and prayer have unified duality and obtained higher consciousness, have witnessed not only extreme spontaneous healing, but miracles in our lives.

An Analogy
    It is written: The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, he does the works.
    Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

In other words even if I didn't believe God is, then I believe when I see what has been done by God.
    Knowing God yourself is very personal, however the works done, the healing and miracles can be seen by all.

Lower mundane consciousness can not know God.

High intelligence  is not the same as Higher Consciousness however, many of the smartest most infamous scientists believe(d) in God.

If someone says they studied the Zohar and don't believe in God, it means they didn't understand what they READ, or they could not obtain higher consciousness for one reason or another.

For me this is not debatable, however feel free to speak to each other.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I relate with you , spiritual books have a lot of depth and only after experiencing a higher god conscious state can one truly understand the spiritual meaning.

2. nyliram profile image59
      nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nyliram
        Deborah its Christmas, live and let live.
        I think if people don't see it your way its their bizzo

OK and so you can let me do the same OK..isn't it my Bizzo???
        Who said I wanted anyone to see it my way??

You did see the other forum thread asking why we believe in God??

Could I please post on the forum too ???

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Merry Xmas smile

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Some of the stuff you write freaks me out! Merry Christmas!

1. profile image0

Deleted

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, you're probably right.smile

4. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

FYI = Christian means "Disciple of Jesus Christ", that is people who follow what Jesus did and is asking his disciples to do....

1. double_frick profile image59
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, christian=follower/disciple of christ.
      this is very limiting as christ is not "God," but only a representation of that nature in man. God was not any more present in that that you term Jesus as in you or i. he came to show us that which we are; the way, the truth and the light. he did not come to be worshipped, being a christian is not a term coined by jesus. just saying.
      carry on.
      deborah, i love reading your posts.

1. profile image0

That is because you are ascended, knowing truth about your own inner nature..You are so right in what you say.
        Christ wanted us to look at God, not him.

Many blessings

5. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

Now from that definition do you still think you're a christian ?

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this a multiple choice question? Merry Christmas!big_smile

2. profile image0

Tell me where I made the statement I am a Christian???

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

What? Did you say you would stay away? yikes

1. profile image0

Deleted

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Did I say something about somebodies right to be here? You just said in your first post you were not going to participate in discussion, or I misunderstood you tongue

1. profile image0

No, I said my reasons for believing in God are not debatable.

1. moanalisa profile image59
            moanalisaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Either way, it's pretty clear here that you praise with adolation those who share your beliefs and quickly put down any who raise any questions. Is there anything of contribution you'd like to add other than shout out to the world that you believe in God and will pray for enlightenment for those who don't?

1. profile image0

So what you are saying is that you have the right to put me in my place, even though you have no idea who I am, yet, I'm not allowed to be blunt and honest? Hummm, if someone doesn't want me to reply in a most sincerely honest way, then why are they here?
              Like I said. I didn't post this to debate it. Did you read the introduction?.
              I've been called low intelligent, a dumb ass and so on because I believe in God..
              but I don't have a right to respond???
              Maybe you could ask yourself why so upset, is it because I responded to someone you like? isn't that the same thing you accused me of??

AND for your information..I didn't read any real questions..

Because I made the statement to the one lady, that she is ascended, was not praise because she agreed with me. , I was making a true statement.

But you seem very angry about something so I have to try to overlook this.

1. moanalisa profile image59
                moanalisaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, then your Godsense misguided you in what my response was about. I said nothing of my beliefs, but merely pointed out that you showed a great deal of favoritism. Nothing more, nothing less.

I never once made any claim to being better, nor holier than thou.

As far as the anger goes, you seem to be the one who doesn't have a grip on it.

Of course you have the right to respond! As do I. I asked a legitimate question, what is your purpose of this thread other than to declare your beliefs?

1. profile image0

Believe me, I did not for a moment think you are better then me. I also said nothing of your beliefs.
                  Are you reading or just guessing what is being said?.

Double standards has nothing to do with beliefs.
                  You come in and start jumping on me because of what I said to someone else, not to you, AS THOUGH YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO DO SO,
                  but indicate you feel I don't have the same rights. Even though I was responding to something addressed to me (not to you)

If I am here to declare my faith, which I am but not to convert..I have that right, these are the forums...

Please don't speak of my Godsense..(which isn't even a word) you have no idea who I am....or what I have done in my life.. those who really know me would disagree with you vehemently.. however it's not that important to me and regardless of how many posts you make, or how much you attack me I will never respond to you again..if it persists I will just report you..

2. profile image0

I do not apologize to you because you have double standards..Putting me in my place (or thinking you are)
              even though you were doing the same thing you accused me of..

7. profile image0

Misha
    I misunderstood what you were saying. I completely missed the ?
    after the why.
    I thought you were saying to stay away.

I apologize to you and hope we can start again.

8. moanalisa profile image59
    moanalisaposted 14 years ago

The moment you start 'shouting' "AS THOUGH YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO DO SO" says it all.

9. moanalisa profile image59

<snipped - no personal attacks in the forums, please>

10. profile image0

HAHAHA............... LOL..............whew...slanderous lies are being told on me.

11. moanalisa profile image59

I stand by it. If the staff here would like to see the proof, I have it.

Best of luck to you, I may get banned for even calling you out over it, but I stand by my claim. All my best to all!

1. profile image0

You go ahead and prove that.
      Those are slanderous lies..I have reported you and will get an attorney if I have to. There are laws against this now days...

12. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

I believe there is a higher power/force, but it's not the Christian God. It could be said to be time, the laws of physics, chance/fate/destiny, etc.

1. profile image0

I agree and no I don't believe in the Christian God.
      I am a Kabbalist.

13. moanalisa profile image59

Feel free to report me in retaliation for calling you on the carpet. I stand by what I say and from here on out, in respect to you, is between me and the staff here.

If you feel it necessary to hire an attorney, by all means do so.

14. profile image0

So you, the great detective you are, saw on my profile that I am on Google blogger, so you typed in my name and found a Deborah Sexton on google blogger, which is this one.
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/09456054401858706116

but that's not me
    This is mine
    http://deborahssitemap.blogspot.com/

I'm known all over the internet..but not for anything impure as you have slanderously implied...

You keep all your proof so I can show you to be a FOOL!
    I've taken a screen shot in case I take this further.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)