The support of Palin is proof this country is headed the wrong way.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (35 posts)
  1. rhamson profile image70
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

With politics headed its own way once again after an election the opposition wishes to offer Sarah Palin as the answer.  Is it time the American people stopped swallowing the warmed over platforms and knee jerk issues and took the country back from the Banks and Big Business?

1. Jay S profile image60
      Jay Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's time for the people of this country to start accepting some of the blame themselves instead of passing the buck and then wondering what went wrong.  As far as I'm concerned, Sarah Palin is just a highly recognizable person who will follow orders from the powers that be,  not the American public. Politicians in general don't follow the wants and needs of the people who elected them. I was always bothered by the fact that a President can only serve 2 terms but all the rest of our elected officials can be there for life. It seems like it's not their accomplishments that keep getting them re-elected but their name is recognized and they get voted for.

rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely the "Slime on the Hill" keep their positions from all the dirty backroom dealings at the behest of their handlers.

Unfortunately most Americans think the "Slime" is going to look out for them and in some cases it works out when the politician brings home the bacon and proves his worth.  But in doing so has he benefited his constituency or his own coffers with campaign donations?  And have the few been served in lieu of the many?

The politicians have been working for years to sew up all the loose ends and insulating themselves from repercussions due to their dirty dealins.  We the people have to dismantle this system that is strangeling us with debt and poverty.

2. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not entirely up to date with American politics. But what I do know is if Palin got into power and has her finger on the button the world might as well give up smile

I am more worried about her total lack of commitment to her constituency and her self seeking ways combined with the bankers and big business for the ultimate sell out of us.

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
          DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm again, as a UK resident I haven't followed her policy hugely, I've just seen her as a person, and such incredible stupidity should never be allowed near ANY government. Then again, they said that about Bush...

Touche and good catch.  Bush was a figurehead for big business, big oil and started saving the banks before he left.  Palin has been to the mountain top of power and has seen how things work. She is addicted to it and would find a very comfortable place that Bush left behind.  I hardly think she is stupid but I believe her street smarts are dangerous.

3. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not Sarah Palin? It's not like we're going to find a reluctant leader like George Washington. I agree that's what we need, people that are willing to do the job for free, just for the honor of being able to serve! But where are we going to find such a person? Even if you could, how could such a person get elected with election laws made by both parties designed to protect incumbents? Where would such a person be able to raise the 200 million or more dollars to mount a challenge?

I don't agree with hall Palin's views, but I see a person that is more like me than anyone else in Washington and for me, that is the change we can really believe in!

Are you ready for more war and bigger government?  She will be saddled with the task of managing more of the same crap we just threw out in the last election.  She will need that 200 million and the interest is more of the same.

While I believe you may share some of Palins better attributes I really think you have more of a backbone than her and that her lack of it combined with some real power would prove another disastrous mess especially in foreign affairs.

4. MikeNV profile image67
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And who exactly are we going to elect to do that?

Who is going to stand up against the Banking Elite?

To date only one candidate has even attempted to challenge them and that's Ron Paul.

1. Valerie F profile image62
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And Ron Paul is more devoted to nutty conspiracy theories than he is to representing his constituency. No thanks.

2. rhamson profile image70

I have read so many of your posts and must say I agree with very much of what you say in them.  I too felt that Ron Paul was a good candidate for president in the last election but what do you think Big Business and Oil is going to do to defeat him?

I think that if change is to come to the process it will have to come from without the system much as Obama came from the outside only to cave to the inside.  Hopefully a new candidate will not cave in to the money and greed.

I think referendum votes will help and at the very least expose the issues that the media will not.

5. profile image52
      loganloganreidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Back from Banks and Big Businesses? Are you serious. That's not who has the USA by the throat. Its our own government. Government has too much power, they are passing laws that encroach on our freedom.

You have to have health insurance now to be a citizen of the USA. There's just 1 example of Government having too much power.

I am sorry but you are holding the dog by the tail if you think Big Business and Oil is not at the heart of the issue.  The congress is bought and will not go against their handlers.  Their support is the lifes blood of their re-elections in the form of money.

Take a good look at the healthcare bill and the people who are involved in shaping it such as the likes of Lieberman who's healthcare industry supporters are pushing to make the bill a vacant piece of legislation that will cost too much and virtually change little.

The government always had the power and it is just who is controlling it is what is at issue.

6. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

seriously, Sarah Palin doesn't have a snowball's chance of winning, and i don't care who she's got backing her.

I think we should care as it is further proof of the breakdown of independent thought in this country.  The Republicans are pushing another empty leader at their constituents in order to take back what they lost.  If they are able to acheive enough misdirection and polarization they could get another "W" to ramrod their lobbyist friends agendas again.

You do know that the Oil and Gasline route is not secured through Afghanistan yet don't you.  Guess what country is in the way. That's right.  The one McCain wanted us to invade next.  They (the lobbyists and congress) never forget so I would be careful telling them you don't care.

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just what America needs! Someone in the international spotlight who talks in tongues!
        lol

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

2. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i hope she gets a voice coach and works on that shrill voice. grates on my nerves like chalk on a chalkboard.

2. profile image51
    We Conservativesposted 14 years ago

I see this quite differently, the support of Sarah Palin is a sign that the country is tired of politics as usual. She may not be the right person to lead but I think that the country wants a leader like them.

Hope or exasperation?  I completely agree that the country is hoping someone can step up to the cause but as we have just seen with the recent election all the old characters come back to roost when the pay off is required.  I can't imagine how it would play out any differently if Palin was elected.  I think there is no difference between the two parties as to how they administer their favoritism.  The deal for the parties is to the victor goes the spoils for at least four years and damn the rest.

3. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Seems like most of us agree that we need to take back the country but we are still in the dark about the actual mechanics of How to do it.
    I'm willing to join any cause that makes sense.
    I don't think complaining to the Govt is going to work and it seems like voting is not going to make a difference any more either so what do we do?

I am with you and I too wonder how the mechanics of it can look.  Perhaps if we talk about it to enough people a method may show itself. The last thing the politicians want is an informed electorate with an independent voice.  Reckoning with that may cause them to change their tune.

Perhaps a third party is called for that does not come from the political end but from the peoples end.  It couldn't hurt much more than the two failed parties have given us.

4. William R. Wilson profile image59
    William R. Wilsonposted 14 years ago

I agree with the title of this thread.

5. William R. Wilson profile image59
    William R. Wilsonposted 14 years ago

If you think that the system is entirely broken, you may be surprised if you take the time to really work with it.  Get involved in a cause that's important to you.  Learn the nuts and bolts of the system.  In other words, do the work - and you might find that change happens. 

Despite the doom and gloom, we still have three branches of government that act as checks and balances.  We still have freedom of speech and the right to vote.  We have the internet.  Our state governments work, our local governments work, and our federal government works. 

If they are broken, it is because we have let the people in Washington do what they wanted for too long. 

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.

1. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you familiar with the law suit by several states on the 10nth amendment against the feds?I would like to learn more about it but don't know where to look.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your local FOX News station?

1. cheaptrick profile image75
          cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know Fox is under fire and probably the most honest but my skepticism still keeps me from main stream news.
          Maybe I'm just Paranoid...
          I looked up the definition of "Paranoia"
          Very interesting,y'all should take a look...

2. rhamson profile image70

I don't think the system is broken as much as it is swimming in apathy.  We (the electorate) have tried to get government officials who will look out for our best interest and all we have acheived are more career politicians looking out for themselves who seem to serve in autonomy.

To effect any real change the elected people must come from the outside with a accountable purpose and overturn the lobbyist self seekers in power.

Wow, how do you do that?

6. bgamall profile image67
    bgamallposted 14 years ago

Earnest, Palin is a dominionist. She believes that Christian war is holy, even though Christ said his kingdom wasn't of this world. She is a very, very dangerous person. She is in the belief that the Iraq war, a war to steal oil reserves, was holy. She plays into the hands of the neocons who want to build empire, and who are using her to their own ends. William Kristol a very evil person, supports her because he is a neocon who believes America should dominate the world. I am for American sovereignty and other nation sovereignty, but not world domination.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I agree with your comments here, I followed Pailin's statements about herself. That was enough to put the fear of dog in me! smile

7. shazz01109 profile image66
    shazz01109posted 14 years ago

Obama was no more of an outsider than any of the politicians in Washington.  He hasn't had much experience either in office before becoming President...I think the only way for things to really change in Washington is a 3rd Party.

1. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been saying that for years, but the crowds here won't even entertain that idea.

8. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

It doesn't matter who wins the election. The government still gets in.

Amen to that brother!  If we really listen to people talk about the government we can see a distinction between the people and another entity.  While this entity comes from us it does not serve us.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)