Are you, you optimum weight?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (46 posts)
  1. mandybeau1 profile image60
    mandybeau1posted 14 years ago

Or are you underweight or larger than you would prefer.

1. itcoll profile image61
      itcollposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i am underweight and really want to put on some weight in the near future.

2. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I honestly don't know and cross my heart - I don't even have scales at home. However, I think I know I've put on weight, when I sit on a friends lap and they shout. That must mean I'm heavy... smile

3. Anath profile image61
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not, I am just perfect and it is not by accident, I work hard for it. I am just the shape I would like to be!

2. perfumer profile image62
    perfumerposted 14 years ago

My weight never remains the same, it fluctuates but I consider my weight is optimum based on my structure, age, gender and race.....

3. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

My weigh even a bit lower than I need to have in my age... But nevertheless I like myself... smile

4. profile image0
    sarah dawkinsposted 14 years ago

My weight is better now that I have joined the gym and got fitter and more tone in my muscles.  I have been that fat person, now I feel much happier being slim again.  I can, more or less, maintain a steady weight, give or take about 3 lbs.

5. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

I have lived with an eating disorder my entire life.  My weight can never get low enough.  Although I look healthy....I got to major extremes to stay where I am.  And of course I'm always looking to lose and extra 20 pounds.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stimp, have you sought help?  I, too, have struggled with an eating disorder--not my entire life, but more of it than not.  There is relief.  I didn't believe it for over a decade, but it can be better.  Never goes away entirely, but it can be better.

2. FredAnthonyGarza profile image60
      FredAnthonyGarzaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dito. I have suffered from an eating disorder my self and have been afraid to diet because I get so scared of slipping from one extreme to another. I am blogging my diet her on hub if you want to read it and maybe we can keep up with each others weight loss and share success! I am also posting recipes from time to time that are healthy!

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I am 50 pound under weight. lol

So, I guess I'm not at my optimum weight. lol lol lol

1. Stimp profile image60
      Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SHUT UP!! You suck!!! big_smile

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I WAS my optimum weightb ut started taking brith control pills and gained unwanted weight sad so nope not anymore. Gotta owrk on getting it back down

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not as much as you would have gained had you not have taken those pills lol

2. FredAnthonyGarza profile image60

I have heard about that! Have you talked to the doctor about switching or maybe a different form of birth control. Good luck! Have a good day! Trying to lose weight too!

8. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Maddie's right, Stimp.

As for me, I'm dropping the pounds again!  Almost back down to where I would like to be (maybe another 15 to go...)  smile

9. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

I'm Shack Diesel.

10. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

I'm a couple of pounds over, but I have been more or less the same weight for the last 20 years.

11. Madfun profile image61
    Madfunposted 14 years ago

A bit over but ive never been one of these guys who can stay naturally skinny even with boxercise, circuit training and wright training... nope.. happy as i am though

Rob

12. Temujinkhan profile image60
    Temujinkhanposted 14 years ago

I am under my expected weight I find it very hard to gain any extra pounds nevermind stones.

13. Gregg Biancci profile image59
    Gregg Biancciposted 14 years ago

Technically I'm overweight, according to the BMI anyhow.  It's muscle mass, however.   I'm at 11% or so body fat at the moment and I'm working my way down to 6%.  Just goes to show you how skewed the BMI stats can be!

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree more...BMI is a joke.

1. Gregg Biancci profile image59
        Gregg Biancciposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a statistical indicator of massive populations it serves it's purpose, but on an individual level it's rather inacurate.

14. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

My BMI is good. I lost 31 pounds in the past year eating healthier and exercising, losing it slow is best. Need to lose another 5 pounds but am very happy with my weight.

15. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

BMI is in healthy weight range.  I am a heavy welterweight in boxing terms.  A good boxing coach told me I was at optimum weight.  I feel healthy smile

16. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

I have no idea what's my optimum weight. As long as my clothes fit, I guess it's ok big_smile

17. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Last year at this time I weighed 98 pounds soaking wet.  I'm up  to a healthy weight now.

18. FemaleAbs profile image40
    FemaleAbsposted 14 years ago

A superior measurement to BMI is the mirror!

1. joecseko profile image62
      joecsekoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen! Using weight as a litmus paper is one of the worst forms there is. VERY few people want to "lose weight". At the very least the goal is usually improving one's appearance. Weight is somewhat of a determining factor where health is concerned, but lean body mass, cholesterol ratio, resting heart rate, hemoglobin count (platelets etc, especially for smokers) as well as blood glucose are more finite measurements.

As a powerlifter my weight fluctuates between 164-190 lbs. These changes are brought about very gradually because rapid weight gain or loss, especially when going back and forth is very unhealthy.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I am only 98 lbs skinny, need to eat more

20. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

I'd like to loose a little I'll give it to you Maita! smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

give me some K

1. K Partin profile image60
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll send it for a Christmas present...smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

will wait for it, then I can send you some coffee, brewed

1. K Partin profile image60
            K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a plan, how you feeling?

21. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

I'm at my optimum weight right now, give or take 10 pounds.

22. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

A couple years ago I changed careers which aided in adding a few pounds to my scale.  I am still struggling to get it back down.  I am still amazed how a change in career can affect weight.  For all those out there who need weight I would be more than happy to chop some off and mail some to you.  Consider it my fellow Hubber Christmas gift straight from the heart or butt or gut or......

1. Webmatron profile image59
      Webmatronposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not my optimal weight, but I'm getting a little closer every year.  I can say though, that I'm more fit than I was when I weighed less but didn't know how to eat, and therefore didn't have the energy to exercise consistently.

Now I dance, sometime for hours.  I even started to like minimalist house music because there are the DJ's who don't take the slow-break every 3 minutes for the aerobically challenged crack hoes.  LOL!

Surrounded by Russians of all ages, we sweat from dusk 'til dawn with bottles of water in our hands, and I'll admit the occasional shot of vodka.  THAT is living.

Don't worry about a few pounds.  Live, man.  LIVE!

I follow a natural diet not just for the weight loss, but because it has allowed me to have a life.  People 20 years younger than me have trouble keeping up with me.  I'm almost hyperactive now.  Some folks call me "Rerun" like the big guy who was on _What's Happening?_.  I love it!

Your weight is just reflective of what you do or what you've done, and ultimately you have the kind of body that fits your lifestyle.

It is okay to have a body that says, "I work hard at a sedentary job, but I do get out sometimes which is why I'm not completely sloppy."  You don't need to have a base jumper body if you're not a base jumper, or a model body if you're not a model.

Just mind your weight as part of your overall health.  If you're living pretty natural, but it goes up, maybe that just means you're in need of a tweak here and there...or it could just be age, you know.

You don't need to have an 18 year old looking body if you're not 18 years old either.  :: hugs ::

23. profile image57
    Islandsgirlposted 14 years ago

Hello to all, and Happy New Year. My optimal weight used to be 120lbs. Now i'm 150lbs, i became so stress and very tired that i was not interested  in doing any thing, but now that i'm feeling better i just start walking again and it feel so... good

24. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 14 years ago

I'm where I want to be....around 115.

25. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

For years I was underweight or bordering on underweight and took some flak for it, but over the past couple of years I've put on a few pounds and I'm looking a little better.

I agree that BMI isn't always accurate. It was probably invented by a bunch of anorexic schoolgirls as a joke one day. smile

26. tal g mel profile image61
    tal g melposted 14 years ago

Yes I'm ...i believe everybody can be..

27. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

I'm 6 foot and 176 lbs. I assume that's pretty good. But I do have that "cowboy gut" I want to get rid of. sad

1. FredAnthonyGarza profile image60

develop an active routine to target your problem area. Your a healthy weight so thats a great start! Good luck!

28. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

102 lbs

29. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I am much heavier than I look and it always surprises the doctors when I get on a weight scale.  I do not look small by any means, but more average.  But my weight puts me in the category of overweight.  I have now learned that my bones are quite dense and add to my weight.  I still would like to be 20 pounds lighter, but now I go more with my measurements and my body fat percentage than with the weight scale.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)