Should President Obama Sign the Health Care Bill?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 14 years ago

Dr Howard Dean, Keith Olberman, and a Very Large segment of the American People are completely against the passage of this Health Care Bill in it's present form.

I agree with them all! This is an outrageous Bill that was forced down the throats of the American People. The people that are responsible for stripping the Bill down to nothing but a large Christmas Present for the insurance companies, will have to be delt with in the mid-term election. The Sick, the Dying, and the Bankrupt will have to remember the 4 Democratic Senators and Joe Leiberman, as the people responsible for selling out the People of the United States for money from the insurance companies.

But today, the rest of the people in Congress, and the President have to do their job. They are over a barrel and have no choice.  The President can not play politics with the people he is now responsible for. He is now the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He has no choice but to sign the Health Care Bill to save peoples lives...now.

It's going to fall to us, again, the American People to Clean Out The Senate and give the Democratic party the 5 real Democrats they need to prevent a filibuster.  Then we can fix the damage done by the sell-outs that gave us this Health Care Bill.

Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The President no longer has the luxury of being just a Politician. He has to make decision that affect the whole Country.

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The President and all of congress does have a choice not to sign this bill, or any bill for that matter. The federal government does not have the constitutional authority to even consider the health of the American people, that is up to the individual states to decide as MA has done. If congress and the President continues down this path towards socialization, there will be a revolution in this country.

Health care is NOT a right.

The idea of being forced to buy insurance from these crooks is outrageous.  But like I said, there's nothing we can do about it now. 

And stop talking about revolution. The only revolution we need is for people to get off their lard arsses and vote.

2. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 14 years ago

I think it would be irresponsible for the President and the Congress to kill this Bill.

3. Mitch Rapp profile image59
    Mitch Rappposted 14 years ago

lol

You really believe the Democrats will win the day in 2010 don't you? lol

The last 8 years were just too bad for anyone to forget. You might get a republican or two elected dog catcher in some town somewhere. (under a rock)

1. Mitch Rapp profile image59
        Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not a Republican, but your President 0 has secured victory for the GOP in 2010. If he continues to be what he really is he is gone in 2012!

And what a great day that will be!

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
        Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The American public is a fickle thing. I believe you may be severely disappointed with the results of the elections in 2010.
        Then again, I'll probably be disappointed be as well, but so long as there is not a super-majority either way, I think everyone will be better off.

4. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

NO.

5. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

The dems will be forced to part with one of the legistlative houses. We, America, are not a one party system, and we find it dis-tasteful and won't tolerate it long.

We, America, tolerated it for eight terrible years without a peep from you.

1. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You better read up on your current history. The Repubs did not have total control for 8 years.

And I have voted in every election in my life. So. Get a life.

And those eight terrible years, were not so bad.

Ok...we live in two completely different worlds. My experience here on my world was pretty bad. In my world this country was takin to war on a lie. FOR MONEY!!!(Haliburton's War) The Vice President holds a private meeting with the heads of big business and allow them to rape and rob this country, leaving it on the brink of a depression. In eight years we went from the most beloved Nation on earth to the most hated. But, it's a good thing for you, all that just happened in my world.

6. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 14 years ago

Can the health bill be amended later?

If the Constitution was amended at a later time I see no reason for the health bill to be "written in stone"

Yes, once the democrats vote out the five sell-outs that forced a Bill on us written by insurance companies; we can repair the health care bill.  But we have to have five true democrats in the Senate to prevent a fillibuster.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aren't all democrats flakey, maybe they should work on a national hug and whine day.

7. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I am just happy I get to vote for Scott Brown for U.S. Senator from Massachusetts next Tuesday.

Massachusetts a predominately liberal state that likes to vote for republicans.

We will see next Tuesday.

8. rhamson profile image70
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

What a waste of time it is to focus any time on the differences between the parties and their members as Big Business is in control of it all.  To say this about the Democrat or that about the Republican feeds into their policy of dividing us and thereby witholding the real issues.

People that bicker on this basis are a tool by which they (the politicians) thrive.  The longer we participate on their terms, the longer we will be held behind.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)