Anyone use blogger? How can I make adsense use relevant ads

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I set up a blog on blogger, the only adsense ads that show up are crap about blogs...I am not trying to get people to build a blog or learn to blog or visit blogs about obama....dammit I just want to get people interested in green products and home improvement products..lol

1. TerryGl profile image56
      TerryGlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The free platform is designed to favour Blogger when it comes to revenue. They have a share ratio weighted highly in their favour. For all your efforts you will not make that much in revenue.

I recommend if your going to the trouble of having a substantial blogger blog, then get your very own self hosted Wordpress blog where you get 100% of the revenue.

Use your free blogger blog to point solid links to your WP blog and you will see a huge difference in search engine positioning.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, but not for the Adsense revenue - I don't know how that's shared on blogger.  People will regard you as more professional if you have a proper domain name, than if you have a site called "yourname.blogspot.com" - which is so obviously a freebie.

People like lrohner have done well with blogger but I think they're the exception.

2. 2uesday profile image66
      2uesdayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the blog ads are the ones that appear on a new blog until the 'keywords' for your blog are established. I have problems with this too but on my newer blog -when I write a post I use the small box on the bottom right to put in words that are in the article that I want it to use as tags or keywords. It seems to help. (The box is called labels.)

Also if I do not add a post daily it slips back into - how to blog. I tried adding a news capsule on a relative topic to see if the updates on that helped but do not think that helped much.
      Sorry if this is not much help if I find a easy way to get a  adsense more accurate more of the time I will let you know. BTW You could go into your adsense account and adjust the ad. setting, the little ads. between posts seem more accurate on mine.
      edit: Just checked and the labels box used as keywords/tags seems to bring up related adsense. I think repeating the words in your postings you want the adsense for helps too.

3. robie2 profile image78
      robie2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

try using "green" keywords  in your post and headline.  I find the better optimized the post is, the more targeted google's ads are-- and yes I have a blogger blog.

Good luck and I hope this helps

2. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 14 years ago

How long you have been on blogger, this typically happens for new blogs. But as your content increase the adds become relevant. Also, you need to set up your title,description and other permanent text areas of template, skill fully to optimize your adds for relevancy, but most of the time adds become relevant over a period of time.
    You can also use Adsense block adds feature to block adds from specific sites you dislike!

3. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

cool, its only been a few days,   my next question is about yousaytoo..do you use that by chance? my blog posts don't automatically go to yousaytoo because it says my feeds are not set to full but in blogger settings it is set to full

4. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Adsense ads choose relevant ads based on content. Just make sure you put adsense ads either at the end of article or at the top navigation. Sidebar ads are often irrelevant.

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

1. The previous comment about adsense being weighted towards blogger is incomprehensibly wrong....just disregard it. I would be interested in seeing  this "share ratio"

2. One can easily purchase and register a custom domain and associate with a blogger/blogspot blog to avoid the yourblog.blogspot look

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-a--Blog

BUT, it really isnt necessary if your only revenue source is adsense...for an adsense site you really have no reason to be concerned with nything other than just getting traffic there in the first place and hoping they leave quickly via a click...yu may have a better chance of ranking if you spend the 7.50 on a keyword rich TLD rather than using a blogspot subdomain...but blogspot ranks pretty well

Your ads will target better..not with time but rather with traffic..for some that takes time but its the traffic and refreshes that leads to the proper targetting not an arbitrary time limit

For complete control, a self hosted Wordpress site is the best reccomendation

1. TerryGl profile image56
      TerryGlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The best way is to look at the source code of an adsense unit on Blogger and compare it to the code on Hubpages.

What you will see is identical code. Just a theory but it is often challenged. I believe the html coding.

6. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

You ask if anyone uses blogger.  We should all use blogger.  It is an integrated necessity in hubpages!  If you want to know why...

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Rough-Guide-To-Blogger

Now as regards to adsense, it takes a while for adsense to get adjusted to the blog.  This is why appropriate keywords in the blog are used.  This eventually leads to appropriate ads.

I hope this helps!x

7. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

I am doing all of those things and have a news feed, I am guessing it is just too new for google to have gathered info

8. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 14 years ago

I just looked at your Blog and maybe you should try - where you have the feature for readers re actions you can also have labels (tags/links) added.

When you post to the blog with a new post use words from your post in the labels box that you want to act as prompts for the ads.
    Not sure if it is just luck but since I started to do that my adsense is matching my blog writing. The blog it works best one for me is the one with the same green template as yours, my other blogs are more random in subject so not likely to match.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)