Someone copied my entire hub on to a blogspot blog- without permission

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (41 posts)
  1. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

And without even mentioning my name as the author.
    The photos on the hub were also copied and include snaps of my son and me.
    How do I report this guy?
    Can I get adsense and blogger to ban him?
    If yes, what do I need to do?

1. rembrandz profile image80
      rembrandzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Am sorry Cashmere to hear this.
      This is something I too am worried about. Also one more reason I have still not gone aggressive writing my articles online coz I want to find answers to this. ( i am not sure how many of my artwork online as been copied). Your snaps copied and re-used especially what u have discussed above is unbelievable and unacceptable.

My sister had such a problem when the prospectus of her training institute she ran, got copied word to word so even her intute name was in some of their pages....people have got away doing this.

I will find ASAP from my author friends, what they do to save them from plagiarism. I'll be following this topic.

All the best find some support to take them to task. TC

Cheers

2. cashmere profile image78

Thanks so much for responding. I am so upset about this, specially since not just the words I wrote but my pics were also used.

3. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Write him. Tell him you know and want it taken down or you will be taking legal action. And if there's a comment section on the blog I would comment about him stealing other people's work.

I can't believe he scooped pictures of you and your son. That's creepy.

I don't understand why people steal other people's content. It just makes them look like a fool. And bloggers can get free content at ezine articles so why don't they just take it from there?

4. cashmere profile image78

The comments are switched off for my post. Plus there is no contact us form or email id provided.
    Its like he knows what he is doing is wrong and doesn't want to get caught out.

5. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Hi Cashmere, go here http://www.google.com/blogger_dmca.html and you will find what you need to make your reports.

1. englightenedsoul profile image59
      englightenedsoulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link Richard...And have you checked your hubs on that blog...All the content there is solely copied  from hubpages and all the copied hubs had a high article score...So I belive some of your hubs might have been copied too....

1. Ladybird33 profile image66
        Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just posted a topic with what to do about this as well.  It happened to me too.  Enlightenedsoul told me yesterday (thank you)!!!!

2. cashmere profile image78
      cashmereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks richard

6. englightenedsoul profile image59
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

He sure knows that he is doing wrong and all the content there has been solely copied from hubpages.  I have contacted many authors whose hubs have been copied. If all the authors complain then I guess his adsense account will get banned soon for life.  Also his blog might be taken down as it it is hosted on blogger.

Thank you for bringing it to my notice in the first place. Yes i sent the adsense complaint in. I guess they will look at it on monday.

You're welcome.  And I hope they look and act on your complain soon.  The concerned person is a threat to the entire community!!

7. cashmere profile image78

Wish there was some way I could just delete those photos. Its feeling like an invasion of privacy.

8. englightenedsoul profile image59

Cashmere I am sure complains from all the hubbers will get the blog down soon.  And yea the pics are invasion of privacy and If had it been me, it would have scared me a lot.

9. cashmere profile image78

Any idea how many people have complained?

Atleast 3 people including you(they have emailed me back)...I am emailing and posting comments on the hub which have been copied so that they can make a complain.  As it's a weekend so I think many authors are not on their computer desk.  But I am sure by monday the blog would be down!!

10. cashmere profile image78

Let's hope so. Its such a mean thing to do.

11. buzzyblogger profile image57
    buzzybloggerposted 14 years ago

Content pirates copy your content using automated bots. They do this in hopes they will index your content on their site before the true original source is indexed (your site) by search engines. I have ran into this issue when I first started blogging. However, I have beat this piracy using some custom tools I programmed for my blog.

I have no idea what an automatic bot is and how do u prevent them?

12. Edweirdo profile image85
    Edweirdoposted 14 years ago

One of my hubs was also stolen, and the wonderful enlightenedsoul alerted me to it very early this morning - thanks again for that big_smile

I reported the site first by clicking the "Ads by Google" link above his AdSense ad.

I also left a comment on the page telling him that I had done so.

Then tonight I used Richard's link above to report him to Google, since he's stupidly doing this with a free Google Blogspot blog - duh.

Hopefully he's using his own AdSense and gets himself permanently banned - forever and ever!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not a good idea to leave a nasty comment on his blog, in case he's the vindictive type.

Buzzyblogger - if someone has copied one of my articles and it has some links to my websites, I don't mind that much. In that case I'm more likely to contact them, ask them to shorten the excerpt and link back to my original.

13. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

So sorry to hear this Cash.... sad

Your content is obviously 'too good' again and has instigated a dose of envy from this jerk. big_smile

Kick his Butt... and when you have... kick it again hmm

Good Luck.

14. profile image0
    renoelleposted 14 years ago

what is the site? I don't have anything high enoiugh to steal yet but I do have friends who write here wink

15. cluense profile image70
    cluenseposted 14 years ago

Please post the site so we can check it out and see if our hubs were stolen! We can all complain and get this guy kicked out of AdSense! We must band together as one and stop these people dead in their tracks!

Please add all the complaints you can. I already sent in mine.

16. englightenedsoul profile image59
  17. buzzyblogger profile image57
    buzzybloggerposted 14 years ago

Can't you guys find any creative ways to leverage the pirates stealing your content? It would be an endless job to police every pirate out there.

18. englightenedsoul profile image59

Your welcome ladybird and thanks for posting the topic, It would really help others a lot!!

19. profile image0
    stay_home_mommy3posted 14 years ago

I don't know if anyone else had this happen, but when I clicked on the site, my antivirus detected a trojan (spelling?) and shut the site down from my computer.  I have a wonderful antivirus that's free, but you all might want to run checks on your computers.

20. Mamelody profile image59
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

wow that sucks hun. I think you can report this to google or look for websites such as plagarizepolice.com  they will lead you to the right direction..

Sorry this has happened to you hun xx

Thanks for the address to complain to, will take it up with them

21. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

mine have been copied to  ..

i posted this in the other forum but the information on what to do is worth another post.

If anyone needs Whitney05 wrote a great Hub on what steps to take if this has happened to you.
    http://http://hubpages.com/hub/Copied-Content

22. cashmere profile image78

Is the site still up?

1. Edweirdo profile image85
      Edweirdoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_WiJgG36IyWk/S5ckojMIcWI/AAAAAAAAAiM/M9ocC1K9xzE/s800/Fullscreen%20capture%20392010%20114819%20PM.jpg

Looks like he's not there anymore...

23. Will Say Plenty profile image61
    Will Say Plentyposted 14 years ago

The silver lining is that you actually wrote something that someone deemed worthy of not only reading but also of copying.  You should speak to this person though if he/she is not even giving you credit.

24. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

The link isnt there anymore... I would love to know how you dealt with it!

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DING DONG It's Gone! Yes! That was fine work we need to elect a new sheriff! big_smile

25. MyWebs profile image77
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I don't know if I what i did had anything to do with it or not, but I did something a bit naughty to hurt this thief. smile

Best I don't say any more though.. lol

I still say time to elect a sheriff, that way this stuff gets dealt with in a timely fashion. big_smile

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG!  What did you do!! Email me pleeeeeeeeease!!!! hehehe x

And CC me too, and if anyone needs a campaign manager for Sheriff, I'll work for free. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)