Can I open a thread or not ?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (74 posts)
  1. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I would like to know....

Something wrong in opening a thread  about someone's banned ?
    I was just doing lyrics a favor.

1. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You opened that thread to ask why Lyrics was banned. Admin answered, you accepted the answer. So, That's it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Was someone suggesting it was wrong? 

However, if you did it to "do Lyric a favour" then perhaps it could have been done in less dramatic fashion.

I mean, the only way it benefits Lyric is so her friends know where she is.  So a thread along the lines of, "Lyric is banned for three days so please contact her via email" would have sufficed.

tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought I was free to post as I like, unless attacking somebody ?
      didn't see any attack

1. profile image0
        Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lyrics deserved to be banned.

She instigated a systematic attack on someone who posted comments on her blog she found unacceptable.

She further fuelled this attack by creating an online drama, illiciting support from her minions to 'gang up' on an innocent individual who simply expressed her disapproval regarding her drug addiction.

Exactly what part of Lyrics actions do you find acceptable?  Admin has now made their ruling, just why can't you accept it?

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You deserve it too, as far as I am concerned, because you constantly berated her.

So, you were no better, because you already knew that she was emotionally stressed, but you persisted.

So, you know where you can go? roll

I wouldn't even put it past you, that this was completely made up by you, so as to purpose get her banned, because you know if you pushed her hard enough you would get to her.

So, again, you know where you can go?

So what? What do you think you are? So righteous? You're just as bad as the fool who posted on her hub.

And, get it right- there is no BLOG here. There are Hubs?

When she went overboard, posting the repeated post multiple times, is when she crossed the line. But, your inexcusable actions of continued beratement wasn't much better.

So, again, you know where you can go?

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!! smile

1. utu profile image59
            utuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where would you like to go! I feel that you are attacking Tantrum, who is my friend. You are being downright paranoid. So I would stop being a Nasty person, and that is not a personal attrack, but you have been doing so.
            GO TANTRUM Up the Anti,  Oh Bother banned again.

2. frogdropping profile image77
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol Max, there you go again, writing among the low-lifes and little people. Be a habit before you know it. Quit while you're ahead ... before anyone suspects you're not a real writer smile

1. utu profile image59

Ar frogdropping you write on here rather often lol smile

3. utu profile image59

Now now Tantrum, you must always follow the Rulz just like us good little Hubbers, notice always the same people tell you off.
          It's priceless.

I see !

2. tantrum profile image60

Why don't leave it open ??
      threads are for posting with friends as well.

3. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Tantrum,

The threads are not for making use of ridicule of others. And, shouldn't be acceptable under any circumstances.

Including this one should be closed simply because YOU are ridiculing HubPages the Company itself.

Give it a break, would ya. roll

Where I'm ridiculing HP ??
        show me !

Really !!!!

1. utu profile image59

Paranoia is alive on these Forums, Tantrum, you can't really say beggar all except maybe start a Post that says something like' Start a word beginning with "X"

lol

4. tantrum profile image60

I only want to know, why I can't post in that thread.
      did I break some rules ?
      I think someone should explain to me.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You didn't ask that question, you asked whether you were wrong to start the thread.  If you were wrong to start it, I assume it would have been deleted completely.

I don't know why the thread was closed - perhaps because admin were concerned it would become heated, as previous "banning" threads have.

And Haunty - the issue of whether Diana (or whatever her name was) was a troll or not is irrelevant, other than being the reason Kimberly started her threads.

The point is, Diana was NOT the reason for her banning.  Her fight with Max was.

5. Cagsil profile image71

If you cannot figure it out, then I am not about to try and explain it to you. It's not really worth the time. smile

Have a great day.

I always have great days. thanks !

6. tantrum profile image60

So, Can someone of HP team explain to me please ?
      did I break some rule ?

It is the right of hubpages to close any thread. It's not a punishment for rules violation. The punishment for rules violation is banning. So if you broke any rules, chances are you would already be banned.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None of us are entitled to further explanation-- These are matters between administration and the poster.

1. They could spend all of their time explaining and arguing about why or why not, any hubber is banned. This would be non- productive and create even more bad feelings.

2. They have other things to do-- like getting the statistics back up.

3. They are running a business with a good reputation, not a democratic republic.

7. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Do you mean Lyricsingray? I didn't know she got banned. Why DID she get banned?

8. Mamelody profile image59
      Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

Ding Ding.. Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the clash of the hubbers! in the left corner, bad ass beauty dressed in leapard skin with human tits... welcome TANTRUM! (APPLAUSE & CHEERS)

in the right corner the rest of the hubbers weighing tons of steel with sharp tongue views... WELCOME commentators!

Round 1: ding ding fight!....lol

lol

9. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

If you are reading this lyrics I am sorry that you got banned. you didn't deserve to get banned the one who started attacking you first did. I'll miss you and see you in three days smile

1. profile image0
        Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

She most certainly did deserve to get banned!

If you expose yourself in a public online forum through a blog, a hub or whatever... then you have to be prepared to face up to the consequences of that exposure.

Lyrics is a self confessed drug abuser. She doesn't hide that fact. She probably gains emotional strength through her cathartic expressions of drug abuse. Some will sympathise with her, others will not.

You simply cannot have just sympathetic opinions all the time. And lets be real here, she's had more than her fair share of sympathetic supporters. Eventually, someone will come along who will be less sympathetic and express their views in a frank manner. There is nothing wrong with that. It's human nature. Free speech and all that. By exposing more of yourself, as Lyrics has done, in a two pronged strategy at achieving cathartic release and garnering emotional support, you then need to be open to the possibility that some might find your actions unacceptable.

She adored the support, but was unable to deal with a valid criticism.

1. profile image0
          blatvaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kindly don't start. Not here not again. I am asking you to leave. There should be no more harsh words.
          And if you continue, There will be.
          This is unnecessary and wrong. Let's just drop it. Okay?

1. frogdropping profile image77

Blatva don't worry about Max. Don't go getting het up. He's just sharing. He's allowed. Besides he writes so eloquently, we can learn from him.

He's a real writer you know *nods* A pro. He honors us with his words of wisdom.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
              Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The frog is funny but speaks so true!

1. frogdropping profile image77

And nothing but smile

1. profile image0

I'm not heated frog ^^  I'm just trying to keep the peace. I just want to let go, Like everyone else.  Three days will pass, and Then we can all move on

10. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/eleyne92/Tantrum.gif

lol lol lol

2. Haunty profile image73

I coulda sworn the image was called tantrum. lol

3. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Love it!

Yeah ! I love it too !!
          lol

11. profile image0
      blatvaposted 14 years ago

:3  No matter the subject, and no matter who comes in here and says anything *cough*  I can't wait for Kimberly's return ^_^

I'm totally putting her in the comic big_smile

So, lets keep everything civil ^^

12. Cagsil profile image71

Message from Kimberly,

A very important clarification needs to be stated especially to Marisa who so sensitively has stated.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  I was not responding to any personal attack.  Not once in the forums was I approached or attacked by this person.  She has never entered the forums.  My postings were a cry for support which stemmed from verypainful comments in a hub.  The community as usual were more than supportive and helpful.  This is my responsibility completely and I stand by in.  Inretrospect it is now a legal matter and Marisa is correct maybe we shouldn't post when we are upset.  My feeling is that is when we should post most.  I needed and need help, asking for it because my character was demoralized, judged and humiliated from a comment not post was a decision I chose and did state I was prepared to be banned for it.  It was also I who told this other party about the forums and this is how she came to be aware of them.  Again my choice.  We all have consequences for our actions but to judge is filthy.  Marisa you judge me even now when you were right there posting alongside me.

Judge me. I am me.  I will miss ya all.  Bless you for your help.
      My situation is thankfully become one of a legal nature and was a planned attack.
      With that,
      love ya wankers.

Just hang in there. Three days is not that long. And then you can speak again. smile It gives you time on work on the men's hub, huh? smile Hopefully, everything will be back to normal.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

Kimberly has completely missed the point.  Does she really think the troll on her Hub is the reason she was banned?

Three times, she posted on one of her threads starting with "I am prepared to get banned for this attack" - then proceeded to attack another (male) Hubber.  She knew what she was doing, but she did it anyway - how can she possibly complain?

In fact, I posted to warn her how silly it was to do such a thing.  Flout the rules deliberately - what do you expect?  Maddie has made it clear that's exactly why she was banned.  And it's only for three lousy days, for God's sake! 

I have sympathy with the original reason for her postings but none at all for this current situation.

You can call Dianne a troll because of her second comment in which she posted the youtube link, if you want. But certainly not for the first comment.

2. profile image0

What is done is done, Right?  Whether she be wrong or right. She is entitled to feeling whatever She wants, and so is everyone else.
          Nothing else matters at this point.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Yes it does, Blatva, because Kimberly is misunderstanding why she was banned - which means she wont learn from the experience.

1. utu profile image59

You heard that Kimberley Learn! lol smile
              Or suffer the consequences Ya hear!

2. Haunty profile image73

You want it all to stop and people to move on. I just wish people saw that this is the primary reason why admin closed tantrum's first topic on this. So let's just all stop.

And I'm only hoping you feel better today. smile

3. utu profile image59

Lady you seriously need to get over yourself. You are so, she shouldn't BLAH BLAH BLAH!
          By the way I love your Hair, Can I have the name of your Stylist.

3. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I find the e-mail interesting How would she know it was a planned attack? How is it now legal, I honestly did not find the comment on her hub to be to harsh it was just someone expressing their thoughts, I need coffee now but all of us are entitled to our opinions and if we do not like them we can always delete them. Anyway good morning smile

1. profile image0
          mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

good morning...already finished my coffee...ready for another

1. AEvans profile image71

I am now making breakfast, bacon in the morning wakes up an entirehouse, lololo smile

1. profile image0
              mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like to bang the pots and pans - this helps also smile

2. utu profile image59

You are as always a breath of freeze air. Why don't they put you in charge.
          Happy New Year B y the way.

13. Cagsil profile image71

I posted exactly what she asked. smile

She sent it to me via email. smile

Not my words. smile

1. profile image0

O:  I'm totally emailing her now

2. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Cagsil.  Until this moment, I wasn't aware of any of this.  Will drop Kimerley a note ASAP.

14. Sara Tonyn profile image59
      Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

It's a 3 day ban from posting on a few of the billions of forums on the internet.

It's no big deal. Instead of fueling the fire by continuing to take sides, why doesn't everybody let it go as a lesson learned? Drop the whole thing, cool off and move on.

1. utu profile image59

Sara they like to keep it going.

15. profile image0
      blatvaposted 14 years ago

You both want some sort of lesson to be learned from this. That's fine, I can see why you would. Also, I can see this lesson. It's a good one.
      But it all boils down to the same conclusion. People are always going to have different opinions. One thing Max actually did say, That I do agree with, is Freedom of speech.
      You have the right to want to make a point. And I have the right to try to just let all of this go.

In actuality, Three days is nothing big. I will give you that Marisa. And Yes, Haunty. She got banned because of How she reacted to someone saying their opinions, Not because of any other reason.

Now, That being all said and in the open.. What's stopping us from just letting go?  I am not going to fight anymore. I am tired of stating my opinions, and then watching them get burned to the ground.
      I'm walking away, and I suggest everyone else do the same.

This is my last post on the matter. I hope you all have a good night smile

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
        Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Tic Tac Anyone?

2. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 14 years ago

If its regarding what I think it is the other person should have probably been banned two, she singled out lyrics because of how she lived her life and her beliefs, completely personal and unprovoked in itself. 

never mind though, three days will pass!

3. profile image0

ANYWAYS Again to Lyrics if you are reading this you are missed by a lot of us including me. smile I will see you in 3 days and we shall celebrate your return. smile

4. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years ago

Everyone is entitled to express there opinions including Maximus, he did not do anything wrong he had his own opinion. How many times do any of us have to be told that we need to step back and breathe before we act? Here is an ex: I posted a thread about HAITI not being rationale at all expressing my thoughts and not understanding why our Country was broke but we gave $100 million? I was beating down by some of you for my thoughts, I took the beating and after realizing that those people needed help to, I closed my own thread. I was not starting a thread to fight, badger, point someone out I just wanted some to listen sometimes we do things placing the cart before the horse but attacking each other is completely wrong and unnecessary! This is not high school and all of us are adults, well the last time I checked.

Just like I said on the other thread go read or write all will be fine. smile

1. profile image0

We're in HS? yikes No one told me that. dang it! I didn't like being in HS... lol cute pic by the way AEvans

lololo it feels that way sometimes doesn't it? I am glad that you like the pic. smile

5. profile image0

But...But I don't want to be stuck in HS... NOOOOO!!!! *sits down and cries* lol

yes very cute AEvans...okay gotta ask is that a family member? so cute!

You are also funny that family member is our adopted son when he was a baby so he is all ours. smile

1. profile image0

aaaa AEvans he is too adorable. And he and I have something in common...we're both adopted big_smile

6. profile image0

all right night and sweet dreams Rochelle. smile

7. torimari profile image67
        torimariposted 14 years ago

I don't visit for 7 hours and come and all this happens. Oh gosh...:[

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)