What's your favorite season and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I totally enjoy summer, but autumn is my fave. I love fires, sweaters, pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and getting ready for Christmas!

2. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

My favorite season is early fall,so I can start archery hunting the BIG Wapiti.smilesmile

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Another reason I like fall! Only my prey wasn't elk. It was deer, quail, dove, squirrel, and rabbit!

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I spring is my favorite, for where I live.

Should I live in area where there would be no winter, per se, then I would change to Autumn.

Autumn, because my birthday is in Autumn, and I'm never too old to celebrate my birthday. I like watching the leaves fall off the trees, the changing of colors and obvious football season starts. lol lol

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Once again Cags. . my thinking is right along side of yours. . Warm weather is my favorite time. . I am a summer birthday. . my daughter was born on Halloween . so Autumn is a wonderful season for me .. but Spring by far is my favorite. . I love the rebirth that it brings. . and knowing that the warm weather is going to be around for a while always makes me smile.  .

5. maheshpatwal profile image65
    maheshpatwalposted 14 years ago

Mine is winter and monsoon (rainy reason in india called by this name).....  beside cool weather i also enjoy having a cup of tea with pakoda (type of indian snacks).........

6. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Summer followed closely by Autumn..Summer because I look good in a bikini...kidding...Autmun for all the beautiful colors of foliage.

7. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

I can't choose between Spring, Summer, and Autumn. It's too hard to choose. Each of those seasons brings something special.

I love Spring because the town comes alive again. Children are playing outside and new animals are scampering about. The smell of freshly cut grass and new flower blossoms greets me as soon as I step outside. The river is opened up and I can watch the barges go past my house from my porch.

I love Summer because children's laughter echoes throughout the entire town. The farmer's market is open each weekend and fresh vegetables and fruit are now available to buy.  The shops are open again and walking downtown means you will be greeted by everyone you pass. Feeling the summer sun against your skin is like soaking in happiness. Then, at night, Summer transforms to an almost magickal time. People have started bonfires and there are festivals going on in the streets. When the rain begins in the middle of a hot summer night, no one goes inside because the fresh, pure rain drops falling on your skin must be what it is like to be on Ecstasy. You hear music around every corner and you can always find something to do.

I love Autumn because that's tourist season. People come to watch the leaves change and it reminds you how wonderful the town is. So wonderful that people from other states find it necessary to come just to admire our trees, cliffs, and rivers. The sun is nothing but a dull warmth now and the town becomes quieter and quieter as the tourists leave. The shops close and the dock is no longer quite as busy. After two seasons of nonstop life, it is time for a break, time to go back into your cozy little house and begin planning the holidays that are to come. Time for rest, time for sleep, time for warm hugs and delicious food.

The only thing I like about winter is the holidays and the hot chocolate, so it is a far cry from being my favorite.

8. Ann Nonymous profile image59
    Ann Nonymousposted 14 years ago

Spring: The season of birth, renewal. It's a season of perfect temperatures and then there is the bulky clothing that you can finally discard. The flowers begin blooming, the grass begins to grow and to get greener under your feet, not just on the other side, the sky is full of birds, the sky is BLUE, and even the rainy days of spring are beautiful.

But then there is also Autumn. From whence I was born. How could I not give that season justice? (for that reason alone I love it!) The festive colors of the changing leaves, the harvest, corn on the cob!

But spring, you spring eternal in my heart!!!!!(I have SPRING fever!!!! But I am thankful for this winter because come summer we'll all be complaining about a hot, dry summer!)

9. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

I miss fall...the smell of the leaves, the beautiful colors...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)