jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

What season is your favorite writing season and why?

1. Elizabeth99 profile image60
    Elizabeth99posted 7 years ago

What season is your favorite writing season and why?

I personally write better in spring and fall.

2. Nicole Breit profile image79
    Nicole Breitposted 7 years ago

I do, too...there is inspiration all around in those months when it seems everything around us is changing.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Fall, and spring when the weather is nice. During those seasons I get to take my laptop outside to work, and I think I do a lot better work outside big_smile. Winter is too cold, summer is WAY too hot most of the time, so I get stuck inside.

4. SheZoe profile image60
    SheZoeposted 7 years ago

i was just going to say that yikes) Spring seems as if it brings new things in internal ways as well as external. Someone told me once that during the winter, when it seems a tree is dead, that is when the roots grow. During the spring and summer when it appears to be growing-it is only expressing what was happening to the roots all winter. i think that is a perfect illustration. And fall brings reflection.

5. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

Where we are there is Summer -- tooooo hot even tho I have written a lot , then there is winter , I miss spring & Autumn a lot so hope to experience both in the next year somehow !
    They are my favourite for doing things!

6. KnowledgeFountain profile image73
    KnowledgeFountainposted 7 years ago

Spring is my favorite season for writing, it helps me to find renewed inspiration and a fresh approach to my writing.

7. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

I tend to respond to the seasons in different ways. In winter I can concentrate better, but in the summer I have more energy and writer's block is not such an issue. Spring and Autumn are maybe my favourites because things seem more in balance with me.

8. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 7 years ago

Hmm, I don't have a favorite season for writing.  They're all great seasons for writing!

9. Kamalesh050 profile image81
    Kamalesh050posted 7 years ago

I write when I feel like . I don't have any favourite season for writing.

10. maria.rose profile image36
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

I like all season  but i personally like spring because it full of color . means we see flower's every where.

11. obamaskills profile image56
    obamaskillsposted 7 years ago

Hi,
    I am just a budding writer,I am still to experience how I would feel as a writer in different seasons.I have just experienced the winter. I didn't enjoy that much.

12. mikielikie profile image68
    mikielikieposted 7 years ago

winter. I feel so calm and deep. Like  being alone with my thoughts. No yelling kids saying "Daddy can I eat some candy" at 6 in the morning. I love this boy.

13. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

I write during all seasons but I especially like the early summer mornings, when a warm breeze can be felt through the opening of a window. And those early mornings when the birds are singing, the quiet dust has settled and the inspiration just flows.

14. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 7 years ago

Summer. I am an inside guy no doubt but I love playing basketball and stuff so summer suits me just fine.

15. arb profile image78
    arbposted 7 years ago

When the season wakes in me I write, but when I write, I always feel the spring. It is the birth of things. Maybe, it is the writing that brings the seasons!

16. Gyldenboy profile image60
    Gyldenboyposted 7 years ago

No such thing. At least, to me.

My ability to write is solely based on determination. If I decide to commit to writing a certain amount of pages a day I will. Well, relative to my personal limits. I can't write more then a certain number in a day.

17. noyon_ku profile image56
    noyon_kuposted 7 years ago

I like the spring also. Spring is the better season for writing.

18. Ruby H Rose profile image77
    Ruby H Roseposted 7 years ago

Winter has become my favorite writing season as I go within and hibernate, to renew body, mind and soul.  A rebirth and awakening is going on in Mother Earth during that time, death is more out in the open.  My thoughts and feelings begin to form and flow.

working