Natural Selection : Evolution

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Eng.M profile image65
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

I know most of us are not scientists but we could think.

if natural selection which is the basis of evolution was valid then:
    *does it need somebody to set it up as it is knid of a rule?
    *if not, is it infinite? or just made by chance?

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Does it need somebody to set it up as it is knid of a rule?
      Yes the setup is by God who is in all.
      Like Einstein said God does not play dice,nothing is by chance,that is ignorance speaking.

2. Inspirepub profile image70
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Eng M, you seem to have a mental block.

Lions hunt deer. The deer that run fast get away. The deer that run slowly get caught and eaten.

Now consider your questions:

Does it need somebody to set this up as it is a kind of a rule?

If not, is it infinite?

Or just made by chance?

Can you see that your questions leave out the true nature of the process?

Nobody makes rules for lions - they just do what they do, and try to survive.

Same goes for the deer. When the lions trying to survive meet the deer trying to survive, only some of the deer accomplish their goal of surviving.

Not because of any "rule", not because any intelligence selects the "worthy" deer, and not randomly.

Simply based on which deer run fast the day the lion chases them, and which deer don't.

Simple. Logical. Easy to understand. Not random. And with no interference from any conscious entity.

Jenny

1. Eng.M profile image65
        Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

yes

I have a mental block to your chance rubbish Jenny.

I will be responsing to you again in a month.

untill then , you may want to know what chance has made peacocks.

1. Inspirepub profile image70
          Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Eng M, I never said anything about chance. In fact, I said "not random".

Your mental block is that you seem to think that natural selection operates by chance.

It doesn't.

If you think about deer and lions, it's pretty clearly not random.

Think about that this month - but only after sunset, on a full stomach!

Jenny

2. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

I had a dream the other night.  I asked God where He came from and He showed me.
    I ended up in the void, there was nothing it was all black.  So in my dream I opened my eyes but it was as though my eyes were still closed.  Then this horrible feeling of loneliness and desprair swept over me and I was extremely sad.  I was scared and alone.  So in my dream I started to pray that I could open my eyes again.

And I woke up praying that I could open my eyes because I didn't want that.
    So my thoughts when I woke up was that we cannot know where GOD came from, there are some things that we are not meant to know because it is too much for us handle.

So I emailed my friend when I woke up and I was still shooken up and he replied:  Now we can understand why the first command that God gave was...let there be light.  smile

3. Eng.M profile image65
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

a small girl asked her uncle about who created God.
    the uncle replied:
    ''well, if you draw a picture of a girl looks like you & that girl was capable to talk. It may ask you about who drew you too because it thinks that everything in the world must be drawn as in its case.

at that stage you will try to explain to her that you weren't drawn. You look like the picture but in a different way. So we can just think in the range of our mind capabilities''

1. Prophecy Teacher profile image60
      Prophecy Teacherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But in your example - you do not say how the girl knew who originally drew her - you only have her asking the question. (Who drew you too)

So in the example - only the one who did draw her - knows.

In your example - the only one who knows both who the drawn and the drawer are - is you. But in the example - you are nothing.

You also have the relationship between God and the girl as if they are two human beings looking eyeball to eyeball. I don't know anyone that suggests God is like that.

Cute story tho.

smile

Lots of ifs.

1. Eng.M profile image65

thanx for reading the story

the gril was just 5 years old and there was no need for such complications.

though, the aim was to say that you can't apply humans' rules on God since he set the rules and no rules apply to him.

God is the first and the last.

God says:(He is the First and the Last, and the Outward and the Inward; and He is Knower of all things. ) Quran 57:3
        PICHTHAL translation.

you can't compare God to anything in the world.

God says:(He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things). ) Quran 42:11
        YUSUF ALI translation.

Quran / USC

best regards
        Mohammed

4. Prophecy Teacher profile image60
    Prophecy Teacherposted 15 years ago

Lots of "IFS" in that story.

1. Eng.M profile image65

IFS?

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

yeah what is IFS?

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

'yeah what is IFS?' I agree. Half the time I don't know what these people are talking about. Like in-crowd stuff. 
    PS Sandra - great dream, ref. the void.

6. Inspirepub profile image70
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I think he meant "ifs" as in, more than one "if" ...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)