Do you believe that Methods in "The Secret" book is really works?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. pradiiphira profile image70
    pradiiphiraposted 11 years ago

recently i read the book "the Secret", i am very much impressed, but i have some doubt is it really works?
    i mean if somebody try to think what he want and did he got it? i know its all about BELIEVEs, but i am very much interested to know, does anyone tried it? got any result?

Please share your views.
    thanks

1. moneyfairy profile image61
      moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You must try it for yourself. If you believe you receive. If not then not. It is said that whatever you think about and thank about you bring about. don't wait to hear from someone else just experiment on your own. And then write a hub about it smile. I look forward to hearing your experience. For me I know in theory the ideas are wonderful but you need to have a the feeling place of where you want to be from where you are now. You need to create the feeling of what it is you want before it comes to you. So what is it you want? write it down, feel what it is like to have it and it has only to come to you. Try it. It may not happen instantly but if you keep thinking about it and feeling what it's like to be there then you will. Try it for yourself. Go for it!!! Like the "Nike" comercial. Just do it!!!

pradiiphiraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

thanks, moneyfairy for such a wonderful answer, i like your funda "Just Do it!!!

2. Sourab Khajuria profile image58
      Sourab Khajuriaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi, could you please let me now where can I find that book.
      I mean if I look on ebay or amazon , there come a lot of books don't know which one is right one. Please send me link or let me know author names. Thanks

2. cjpooja26 profile image64
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

Yes it really works I tried it many times but you just have to concentrate on your desires and never give up but sometimes it becomes really difficult to believe at that level because you can see that it is not happening what you really want and we start to think in negative way which means the opposite will happen, it is real and it happens but it takes time to believe strongly and attract your desires.

pradiiphiraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hello, cjpooja
      i also say that "sometimes it becomes really difficult to believe"
      every time we didn't get result.

2. moneyfairy profile image61
      moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

cjpooja: glad to hear you had good results. The concept seems easy but in reality it is difficult when you are in a situation of wanting something and it doesn't show up. But then that's the lesson to shift our focus and attention only to what it is we want to bring into our lives and not focus on the opposite. How long did it take you to manifest what you wanted? one month? a year?

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

The Secret is not so secret and it is full of lots of fluffy information. Lets simplify it.

It you want something done, then go out and do it.

4. profile image0
    Aleister888posted 11 years ago

Personally no, however, i dont ever like to flat out say things like that to people generally...

Everyones entitled to their own beliefs, but if you investigate it i think you will find what wisdom there is within the "text" is essentially the "good icing" on (what i feel) is perhaps nonsense.

just my 2 cents, good post.

5. cjpooja26 profile image64
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

I used the secret for getting selected in campus recruitment and decided that I want a job in a good company within a month and as it is mentioned in the book that just take a step in faith you will find the whole staircase to achieve your goal, and I gave my 100% in studies and I got selected and not only in this case but in many small situations a felt that yes it happens. smile

6. aa lite profile image86
    aa liteposted 11 years ago

Personally I think it is a lot of bs.  If you are interested I would recommend books like "Smile or Die" or the excellent "Help!" which poke fun of books like that.  Far more amusing reads.

Here's my "proof" that the secret doesn't work.  A while ago I had a very challenging project at work, that I really wanted to succeed.  I did not use the methods of the secret.  At many points I felt discouraged and didn't have "faith" that I would succeed, and yet I kept at it and in the end it succeeded.

On the other hand the idea that you can get lots of money just by wishing it is ridiculous.  I bet you "the methods" in the secret have not worked for a lot of people who wished that.  I bet you the author would explain that by saying that they simply didn't have enough "faith" and they didn't really use her methods properly. 

On the other hand, the book was definitely a huge success for its author.  I bet you she's laughing all the way to the bank.  Just another proof, if more were needed, that mumbo jumbo took over the world (that is another book I highly recommend).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)