Get Your Favorite HubNuggets Here!

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

A new batch of HubNuggets is up for offer and they are fantastic!

Get Your Favorite HubNuggets Here!

You know what to do, Hubbers. 

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE, then PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE.

(Notice how used the American spelling of favourite?  That's right, I'm bilingual.)  smile

2. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Thanks Mizz Shirley Not Frank Anderson. ;D

I applaud you for your efforts! And the rest of the team, too.

1. Indigenous profile image61
      Indigenousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the 100 mark!  Wow. That's fantastic!  I think it's a record breaker! smile

3. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Thx, Ixxy!  You are so sweet!  smile
    Love, Not Frank

4. Herald Daily profile image59
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

I see that the number of Wannabes is back to 10, err I mean 11.  I'll be able to read them up faster now and vote.

'K, off to get started.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

"Oh my God. I'm sorry. This moment is so much bigger than me.

"This moment is for Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Diahann Carroll. It's for the women that stand beside me - Jada Pinkett, Angela Bassett and it's for every nameless, faceless woman of colour that now has a chance because this door tonight has been opened.

"Thank you. I'm so honoured. I am so honoured and thank the academy for choosing me to be the vessel from which this blessing might flow. Thank you.

"I want to thank my manager, Vincent Cirrincione. He's been with me for 12 long years and you've fought every fought [sic] and you've loved me when I've been up. But more importantly you've loved me when I've been down.

"You have been a manager, a friend and the only father I've ever known and I love you very much.

"I want to thank my Mom who's given me the strength to fight every single day to be who I want to be and given me the courage to dream that this dream might be happening and possible for me. I love you Mom so much.

"Thank you my husband who is just the joy of my life. And India - thank you for giving me peace because only with the peace that you've brought me have I been allowed to go to places that I never even knew I can go. Thank you, I love you and India all my heart.

"I want to thank Lion's Gate. Thank you. Mike Pasternak, Tom Ortenberg for making sure everybody knew about this little tiny movie. Thank you for believing in me.

"Our director Marc Forster - you're a genius - you're a genius. This movie-making experience was magical for me because of you. You believed in me, you trusted me and you gently guided me to very scary places. Thank you.

"I want to thank Yvonna Chubick. I could have never figured out who the heck this lady was without you. I love you. Thank you.

"I want to thank Lee Daniels, our producer. Thank you for giving me this chance - for believing that I could do it and now tonight I have this. Thank you.

"I want to thank my agents CAA, Josh Lieberman especially. I have to thank my agents, Kevin Huvane - thank you, thank you for never kicking me out and sending me somewhere else - thank you.

"I - who else - I have so many people that I know I need to thank um... my lawyers Neil Meyer. Thank you - OK wait a minute - I gotta take this - 74 years here - OK I've gotta take this time.

"I gotta thank my lawyer Neil Myer for making this deal - Doug Stone.

I need to thank, lastly but not leastly [sic] I have to thank Spike Lee for putting me in my very first film and believing in me.

"Oprah Winfrey for being the best role model any girl can have. Jo Silver - thank you and thank you to Warren Beatty. Thank you so much for being my mentors and believing in me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

1. Indigenous profile image61
      Indigenousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Oh my God. I'm sorry. This moment is so much bigger than me.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't steal my line. mad

6. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Hi Shirley, I'm off to read the hubnuggets! big_smile

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30 … 10319a.gif

7. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

These are great! Still working through them...

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

Shirley, it's a good looking HubNuggets this week and I had fun reading all the Wannabe pages and voting. Thanks!

9. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years ago

I already voted, I just thought this thread could use a bump. So...Bump!

10. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Hi, some great hubnuggets, is a really good idea to do this smile I have placed my vote smile

11. Shirley Anderson profile image71

This is mainly a 'bump'.  People have been responding to older threads instead of this one.

I have to say that Ron Montgomery's acceptance speech is...what's the word I want...

Anybody got an idea of the perfect word?  smile

Thanks for voting, everybody!  It's looking like a tense race, with a tie already in place!

12. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Another BUMP!  I just bumped an old thread by replying - oops.

Folks, this is the thread for June 4th - June 10th HubNuggets.

13. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Does Ron happen to be a gorgeous actress behind that avatar? Halle, baby, you shouldn't recycle your speeches. So uncool. smile

Shirley, I appreciate your worldliness as I too am bilingual (English AND American lol) and often add the extra "u" in to my words. I did it as a kid, too & was even scolded once or twice by teachers. My Canadian in-laws are proud that I at least have some degree of refinement. big_smile

Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm so glad to read that I am not alone in refined bilingualism. smile

Gee, I hope Halle, I mean Ron, doesn't get a dup content warning.  C'mon, anyone making that much money should get their publicist to have a new one written, especially for such a momentous event like HubNuggets.  I mean, people are going to want to read this years from now.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
        B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here's another bump! Speaking of refined bilingualism, I know all of the important words in French, German, Spanish, Italian and even some Mandarin. Of course, by important words, I mean the ones you shouldn't be using here!

14. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Good cuss words you mean, BT?

*Bump*

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup. I'm ashamed to say it's true.

1. RooBee profile image83
        RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, if we are counting those words then I'm downright MULTI-lingual.

15. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91

Your Hubnuggets Hub is sitting at a score of 100 right now, Shirley! Yippeee!

16. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Patty, I just saw that!!  I was flabbergasted, I think it's my first one that's actually hit the 100 mark!  Wow.

Another wow....we've had 106 votes so far, and we still have a day and a half or so to go.  That's fantastic!  I think it's a record breaker.

We still have time for the Wannabes to drum up plenty more votes for their hubs.

17. cashmere profile image76
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Who is leading the pack?

18. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

I have done my civic duty and voted. It was a difficult choice again this week.
    zs

19. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Hmmm, Cashmere.  I forgot to check just before I came here, but last time I looked I think that Pearldiver had the lead with his Bumble Town story and Wordscribe was very close behind with the Keep Portland Weird hub.

Thx, Indigenous.  And yes, it is a big moment. smile

Thanks, Zsuzs!  We try our best to present the great ones, which of course, makes voting difficult but we have to get our fun somehow.  smile

20. Shirley Anderson profile image71

The winners are.....

Bumble Town - NZ (Why Are People Dying to Leave Here?) by Pearldiver - 31%

Keep Portland Weird: Must See Unique Portland, Oregon Attractions by wordscribe41 - 27%

Egypt - What to Do and See in Luxor by CMHypno - 10%

Wedding Fireworks Guide by AWorkz - 8%

Foods That Fight Stress by Ron Montgomery - 7%

Congratulations to our official HubNuggets!  Your avatar, profile and winning hub will appear in the next newsletter that goes out to over 40,000 subscribers.  Enjoy the fame, glory and traffic!

All of our Wannabes did a fabulous job.  It's an honour to be hubbing with them.

By the way, if you'd like to check out this week's competition, click on over to Patty Inglish's hub:  Nuggets of the Green Corn Moon

21. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

YEAH!  Congrats to everyone.  Thanks, Shirley.  This has been a fun week.

22. dipless profile image68

Congratulations to all of you smile Glad to hear we you had so many voters thats fantastic!!

23. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Just sent you an email, WS.  smile  Glad you had fun, that's what we were aiming for!

It was an incredible week of voters, wasn't it, Dipless?  Phenomenal, in fact.  I wonder if the record will get broken this week?

24. dipless profile image68

It was a gr8 week, hopefully can only build from here smile Better get promoting those hubs smile

25. dipless profile image68

what was the exact amount of votes in the end?

Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

134, I think.  Pretty darn good!  GREAT, in fact!

26. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

O that's great ... you've closed the voting.. Did you get the 15 Votes from the Bumble Town Mountain Runners Group?  They should have arrived by now, but it doesn't look like they have been registered if there were only 134.  Maybe there's a headwind... it is quite along way for a carrier pigeon to fly!

27. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Wow, I just read my email to say that one of my Hubs is now a Hubnugget. What can I say - I've never had a Hubnugget before.  Thanks to everyone who voted for me and the Hubnuggets organizers.

28. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Congratulations to the winners!!! big_smilesmilecool

29. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91

This was certainly a great bunch of Hubs.  I enjoyed every one.

30. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Great, Thanks!

31. ZWorkz profile image69
    ZWorkzposted 14 years ago

Congratulations everyone!

32. profile image0
    notorious_HAIposted 14 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)