Ebay Said NO!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Ebay rejected me? Wha do I do now?

1. profile image0
      Justcallmeleroyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ladybird I am not sure because this Hub site is new to me also. But I have been a Buyer and a Seller on Ebay and when I wrote a Hub and added them to it they just popped up with 3 or 4 items for sale on ebay related to my hub.  Maybe you have to be a member or at least established with them. Hope this Helps Leroy

1. livewithrichard profile image73
        livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can still add an Ebay module to your hubs but for you to earn an affiliate income from them you have to apply for acceptance.

I wouldn't put any Ebay modules in my hubs until I was accepted to their affiliate program and set the affiliate ID here on HP, unless I was promoting my own Ebay items.

2. Ladybird33 profile image67
        Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I am going to try again, just to see...wish me luck

2. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Ladybird,
              I think I read in one of the forums that Ebay may not approve until you are up and running for awhile (month or so). I might be wrong but google and Amazon gave me the okay after a week into Hubpages. There are many long standing Hubbers out here who will probably come in with better ideas on the subject. I myself can't seem to get anywhere with Kontera and not worried, at least not yet.... smile

1. Ladybird33 profile image67

Thanks, I will wait for another month a try...appreciate it.

3. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I'm also new, but having a hard time with Ebay.  They just won't get back to me.  No response to my application 10 days ago.  Weird.  Sorry you're having trouble, too.  I'm sure you can get some help from the veterans here.

4. expectus profile image72
    expectusposted 14 years ago

Not a lot to do now, just relax really

I got rejected aswell an maybe it's cause i applied a bit early into my hubbing career. I dunno if there just not really looking for more affiliate people or something

Amazon is alright, a bit slow you got to pick your products wisely. I have made about 5 affiliate sales:P pretty lousy really.

5. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

eBay has been flooded this past year with people applying to their affiliate program at the same time their overall sales are dropping.  So they are getting much more selective as to whom they allow now. 

Some countries get more rejections where they've had poor returns from new users and definitely they are taking a serious look at new signups.  They really want to see something that confirms serious and good potential for revenue.

6. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

relache has it down. They rejected me too - I applied as soon as I found out about the whole affiliate thing, about a week in. Amazon accepted me, though nary a cent has come my way via that route (not that I expect it to yet, anyway). smile

7. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

yep Ebay sucks not only have they rejected me with all my applications they don't even have the balls to notify me that I have been rejected. I have had my own store with them for 3 years, I have 100% positive rating from my 3000 sales I have made for them, I have porbably paid them over 3000dollars from all my sales too over those years, so they can go jump in the lake.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's ridiculous, blondepoet.  What do they want, huh?  The not getting back to us part is ever so annoying.

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know it is so exasperating, you said it exactly "what do they want from us".
        Damn if being with them for three years,having a pay pal account with them for three years, making money for them every day, drawing people to Ebay everyday for them, does not even make me worthwhile to send me "I am sorry you have not been approved", letter grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what the f... must I do." Hells bells,carn the crow and shoot the cow lol.

2. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blonde Poet, what type of EBay store do you have? I have thought about doing this before but not quite ready to deal with shipping and packaging right now.
      That sucks you got rejected by EBay but if it's any consolation I have not had too many sales with them anyway. Adsense has been much much better for me.

Hi I have a women's fashion store with them, I sell beautiful tops and jewellery, the shipping is easy, here in my country to buy a large bag which holds up to 500grams, is 5.30 and so I use that as the standard postage fee anywhere around my country. So normally I buy 10bags at 5.00 each you get a discount for 10, then when people buy things I just whack them in a bag and put them in a post box the next day.

3. Ladybird33 profile image67

Gosh, sorry to say, makes me feel better to know I am not alone out here, I was nervous to ask the question but glad I did.  Thanks.

8. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I think most of us newer hubbers are being rejected by the ebay affiliate program.  I too have been selling on ebay since 2002 adn have a 100% rating.  I'm pretty sure though that the ebay partner network is a completely seperate body than ebay as a whole.  I think that the only way we new hubbers will find any benefit from ebay here is if we promote our own items that relate to the hubs we write. 

So, if you're not selling on ebay then you might want to get started.  Blondepoet could probably tell you that you will make more money selling on ebay in the short term than you will writing on hubpages.  If earning an online income is what you are after then you might want to do both.

1. profile image0

Excellent point lwr.  I wonder if things will change with Ebay in the near future...

2. blondepoet profile image67

In my good times on Ebay I make an average of between $AU 300.00 - $400.00 profit, which is great seeming it only now takes me half hour a day to do and maintain so yea I am chuffed lol.

9. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

If newer Hubbers are being rejected by eBay, then HP should take a stand with eBay.  After all, HP offers the eBay capsule technology and the opportunity for all Hubbers who want to participate in the eBay affiliate program.  When you elect to join the eBay affiliate program as a member of HP, you should not be denied.

1. profile image0

Right on, sister!

Amen like why is it there in the first place if it is so hard to be accepted grrrr

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just because someone's been selling on eBay for years does NOT automatically mean that they know how to successfully drive traffic to eBay via a content-oriented website.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
        Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, relache.  However my comment had nothing to do with eBay sellers being denied, only with HP members being denied.

1. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sally, it sounds like you feel that someone trying to join eBay's affiliate program via HubPages should somehow confer some sort of pre-approval or qualification.  I can't agree with that.  Having someone start to develop content here in no way proves anything about any of their abilities.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
            Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never took my thought that far relache, and again, I don't disagree with you.  smile

10. imadork profile image71
    imadorkposted 14 years ago

They rejected me too.  I deleted all ebay ads I placed on my hubs.

11. Rotem profile image60
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

They rejected me too

damn yet another one

2. Ladybird33 profile image67

At least I am not alone...sorry sad

12. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I think you should have to publish a hub or two of original content before you can post to the forum... maybe that will stop all of these spammers!

13. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

They rejected me too, I imagine it was becasue i didn't have many hubs at the time, i think you need to have a bit of an established presence first, however I could be very wrong, who knows what their acceptance requirements are! I will apply again soon when I have more hubs.

14. dineane profile image82
    dineaneposted 14 years ago

here's the thread where I participated:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/10185

I ended up getting approved, but to date, no earnings. Not sure it was worth the persistance.

15. babedoll50 profile image59
    babedoll50posted 14 years ago

Im not really positive but I think with EBay they really look at what you can do for them in numbers.  I know my husband and his partner got turned down several times before getting their affiliate membership. 

They now send on average 1000 people a day to EBay through their website. 

So was this worth the time, it certainly was for us in terms of income.

Just never give up on something.  They didnt and it has made a huge difference in our lives.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)