No harm if America returns to the Christian-God-the-Father

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image48
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/52164

Hi friends

There is no harm if America and other countries return to the Christian-God-the Father, as He is the real Creator-God Allah YHWH; Christian-god-jesus never existed and also Christian-god- the holy ghost  also never existed. Jesus was neither a god nor a son of god; this concept is a trick invented by Paul and the Church. Holy Ghost is an angel, not a god.

So, it is very beneficial for America to return to Christian-God-the Father; whom Jesus also used to worship and pray.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey paar...today i have decided not to post any comments which are in disagreement with you...i just wanted to say hi to you..how are you doing man?

1. profile image48
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't mind anybody's disargeement with me; it is their birth right. I only express what I believe .

I am fine

Thanks

1. pisean282311 profile image61
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ya but i am not in mood is disagreeing with you today..i am more in mood of knowing how are you doing ,how is your health and how is everything in your life...disagreement would continue till u and me exist ..but for today..i just wanted to wish you well and say hi...

1. profile image48

Thanks

2. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you. smile

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed there is no harm in America returning to the Christian God.
      But don't equate Him with the God of Islam;  for they are not the same.
      Jesus is God.  He is worthy to be worshipped.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here we go folks...Grab yer popcorn, we gots ourselves a holy war!

1. profile image0

It's nothing new, Ron.
          It's been going on since....God knows when.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or at least 14 months wink

1. profile image0

lol
              tongue

3. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You claim that Christian God "Jesus" never existed. How is it that not only did he exist in the Bible, but He also existed in all of man's History books. What world do you live in pal?

2. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

"America returns to the Christian God"...

America didn't "have" the Christian God to begin with...

I suppose when African slave women were being raped by their masters and the American government was paying for the scalps of native Americans...I guess that was when the had "God", right?

Or was it when they distributed small pox blankets to native people?

Was it when the U.S. government concocted an illegal and false war against Mexico, and killed innocent women and children all the way down the eastern coast of Mexico?  Matamoros anyone?

For a bunch of liars and crooks, those Americans were pretty "godly" people......right?

3. mikelong profile image60

And there goes Brenda again....

The one-upping of religious flag wavers.....

Thank God we live in a secular nation, and God-willing we will always remain this way..

If you want God, find him on your own time, and in your own home..

Leave our governance to those who aren't preparing for the rapture/armaggeddon, religious war, or the end of the world..

The rest of you who engage in the imperialism of the soul wait until the afterlife....there are too many other important and actually constructive things to do in the land of the living than be concerned about the "life hereafter"...

What a waste of time and energy people engage in.....especially when dealing with "the beyond".....sheer and utter waste...

1. profile image0

I take it you don't want to Live forever?

And since you're against Christian "Law" becoming law in America,
      are you against Islamic Law becoming Law in America?

4. mikelong profile image60

No one lives forever...

If people like to live in delusions, I have no problem with that....

But, if people want to "live forever", they should work on that separately and away from national, state, or regional/municipal governance....

Such a mindset (preparing to meek your maker) does not jive with constructing and enabling society to take care of people...

The only people, I think, who are concerned about living forever are those who are afraid of dying....they want to be consoled about their transition back to the dust of the earth...

I have no such qualms...

I am here for today, for now, and for the duration of my life...

There is no need for anything more...

As for the ridiculous statement about "Islamic law" becoming American law.....there is no rational response to a non-issue...

We can have a Muslim president, and we would still be a secular state...... In fact, I would love this nation to have a Muslim in office...  It is time that we lived up to our constitutional concepts...and moved away from the "Biblical" ones...

But, the more I learn about the Bible (my great grandfather and grandfather both were ministers..so I have quite a wealth of information and insight by the way), the more I realize that "Christianity" has no real basis on our lives here....  It is simply a power structure for the few to continue to dominate the many....but now through the soul..

Brenda, let us return to reality, if we can....

The "Muslim boogeyman" that so many Christians put forward is nonsensical...

1. profile image0

I disagree with most of that.
      But okay.

Back to reality?....
      I'll get back to reality on the "fear of death" issue, yes...

I am afraid of death.  Natural death.  Many Christians say they have no fear of death, but I do.  I'm human;  my body is human; I fear pain; I fear losing the life that's in my body.
      But not so much that I don't have the comfort of knowing within myself that I will Live again in the afterlife.  I can only take Jesus at His word and believe that He will give me the eternal Life He has promised.

5. mikelong profile image60

What a war we will have....

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/08/02/goodenoughforgeenuses.jpg

6. mikelong profile image60

"I am afraid of death.  Natural death.  Many Christians say they have no fear of death, but I do.  I'm human;  my body is human; I fear pain; I fear losing the life that's in my body."

So, your faith is governed by your insecurity and fear....

Learn to live without those two things, and your will realize that you won't need your superstitions...

As for "his words"...Jesus didn't write anything down, nor did those who directly followed him.... There were no voice recorders to document anything, nor was there any single one view of what was said, or what was the intended meaning...

While there are biblical books carrying the names of "apostles" there is no evidence proving that said men wrote anything...

The myth is that "Christianity" is any one thing.....it is not...

And while God is out there supposedly watching, and his "son" is running around connnecting with "his people"...."his people" in turn wage conflicts and wars on one another....and God and his son remain absolutely absent...

Whether it is the Roman Catholic church going after Arians, Armenian and Greek Orthodox, or others...or if they are protestant churches looking to undermine the Roman Catholics, Armenian/Greek Orthodox, or others....all this represents the humanity of this "religion", and not the godliness....

All this demonstrates clearly that there is no such thing as the monolithic "christianity."

It all comes down to whose armed forces....whose illegally gained wealth....and who's strong armed tactics compel people to bow their heads in reverence...

Such tactics would not be necessary if what they preached was real...

Churchgoers would not have to deceive people in order to get them to go to their churches (I've seen it....some liar calling herself a Christian and her cohorts did it to me a few years back).

Christians need to do a better job learning about where their religion comes from before they run around trying to convince everyone that they have something "special."

The truth is.....they don't have anything to offer...

Ron...I never cease enjoying your responses...hilarious..

1. profile image0

What did they do?   The churchgoers I mean.
      Were they trying to take you to Christ, or just to their specific Church?

7. mikelong profile image60

These churchgoers approached me at the Glendale Galleria here in L.A.

I was walking through the mall, minding my own business (I had just returned home from the Marines) and this lady walks up to me talking about a "conference for young people" that was being organized. She claimed that this function was solely to bring young people together to get to know one another, as well as to listen to guest speakers talk about leadership.

I asked her if she was part of or in any way connected to a religious organization....and she repeatedly said that she was not....

I had just returned home, and I figured "what the heck", so I agreed to go...as long as there was no religion involved.

That Sunday morning she and an associate came knocking on my door...by that point I had hoped that they had forgotten about me, but they didn't...

I was wearing jeans and a collared shirt, and they kept pestering me to put a tie on, or to dress nicer....

I asked her and her friend again, at my front door, if their meeting was in any way connected to a church or religious movement....and again I was told "no".....  I refused to wear a tie or nicer clothing, and she and her friend went to their cell phones making calls to try to figure out what do to next...

Regardless of my dress, they decided that it was okay if I came...but my sixth sense was already growing increasingly suspicious....

During the long drive from my home in the north east San Fernando Valley to downtown Los Angeles (they drove me) I asked more questions about what we were going to be doing, and if they were trying to take me to church...

"Oh no..." she said, "in fact, this meeting is being held in an old boxing arena..there is no church involved."

What a liar this woman and her associate were...

The moment we arrived, I found out that this boxing arena was converted into a church....

They tried to use peer pressure to get me to wear a tie, stand and stomp my feet when the ministers wanted the congregation to do so....but I don't give in to such nonsense....

I sat in my seat and didn't budge... In fact, a woman in front of me who saw my refusal to submit even started to emulate what I was doing....

The majority of the parishoners of this place were of Hispanic origin, and mostly only spoke Spanish, whereas the ministers were all white, and did not speak Spanish...so they used an interpreter...

Their main goal was to get money from the congregation (who did not appear very financially well off) to finance the chartered plane flights of the various reverands around the country...what charlatans these "religious leaders" are...

After their pathetic service I walked out, took off the tie that they compelled me to wrap around my neck, and called for my mom to come pick me up from downtown...I did not even want a ride from these liars...

They even tried to use my being a Marine...

First off they had used my "prestige" to get kids in their church to get excited about their "divine message"....they wanted me to become their patsy to pick up these youth...

Secondly, when I walked out, one of the ministers came out and said, "well, you were in the Marines, and when your sergeant gives you an order you have to follow it don't you?"

My response: "To begin with, I would only be obligated to follow lawful orders...secondly, you are not my sergeant, and you have no authority to give me orders."

I proceeded to blast the hypocrisy of his "mission" and of his minions who brought me to their service that day....

Liars....frauds....deceivers...hypocrites...and money-hungry charlatans.....  These are the men and women who run that church..

They are not alone in the "Christian" world.....

In terms of "Christ".....where is the sole definition of this? 

Like I mentioned before....there is no such unity of identity.....only the illusion of such a thing...

Presbyterians, Catholics, Gregorians, Copts, Pentecostals, Seventh Day Adventists, Jehova's Witnesses, Arians....each contradicting the other.....there is no "truth"....

Each one of us has one life to live...and it is up to us to live this life to the fullest...

Religion tends to divide....especially when it is one that is Christian based.....

It is time to move past such squabbles and focus on making this one life we each have more productive to ourselves and our fellow living beings, whether man or beast, or whether religious, christian, jewish, buddhist, or atheist....

We have but one life....and what are we doing with it?

1. luvpassion profile image61
      luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These individuals kidnapped you, forced you to wear a tie and took you to church?

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think your first clue should have been they were meeting on a Sunday morning.

Bizarre, ain't it?

8. mikelong profile image60

Not kidnapped.....for I went willingly....but they did not tell me they were taking me to church...though I asked them this repeatedly...including on the drive to L.A.

Otherwise, what you say is precisely the case....

What a bunch of fools they are...for I doubt they have changed their ways...

There is too much money for them to take from superstitious people...

1. profile image0

Everybody who goes to church isn't like those people.
      A Christian will invite you or try to persuade you, and they'll do it because they want you to come to Christ, not because of anything else, and they'll tell you the truth.

9. mikelong profile image60

See Brenda, you have yourself shown that "Christians" are not one thing...

Everyone isn't like those people.....but a great many are...

Hundreds of millions of dollars are raised by people like these....and they don't deserve a cent...

Again, my central premise is this....there is no one concept of Jesus or God...therefore, any discussion regarding "returning to God" or "Jesus" is moot...

Jim....Christians don't even share consensus on what day is the "holy day."  Though most talk about the irrefutable word of God, for some reason they have changed the seventh day sabbath to Sunday...  Of course, I know how man....MAN, not God, did this....and have watched as the absent God plays no role in "setting the record straight". I look at the falsehood of Christmas and Easter....pagan holidays (in Christian terms)..set up by men to preserve their waning power (Roman Catholics in the face of Germannic invasion)...

Nonsense and deceit....

Beyond this, I would prefer our political leaders to separate themselves as far as they can from religious identity and attachment....for anyone interested in the conquest of the soul, in my mind, is dangerous and not to be trusted....

I do not want "end of the world" minded people governing my city, state, or nation....

10. profile image48

I think, it is very beneficial for America to return to Christian-God-the Father; whom Jesus also used to worship and pray.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You just don't listen to people when they talk. Talking to you is borderline useless. lol

2. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not believe America will ever return to God, It is part of the great falling away

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61
        stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe your right.  Ya see it more all the time.

3. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did ya ever feel like someone was standing in front of you talking, but all you saw was their mouth moving and all you heard was "blah blah blah?"

1. profile image57
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

BooHoo

2. profile image48

I don't understand you; please elaborate.

11. profile image48

Even then the talking continues.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)