The Atheists while away their lives; having no purpose of life

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (108 posts)
  1. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

The atheists agnostics skeptics apatheists; all while away their lives; finding no purpose in life and no goal in life, their actions become meaningless and their thoughts get frustrated.

1. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

quite wrong...in fact atheist and agnostic have had immense contribution is human species development similar to theist...yes for most believers they need so myth to add meaning to life but it is not necessary...one can remain real and still manage to have purpose...no need to have false beliefs for purpose...einstein was agnostic...his life has had more meanings than many so called theists....most scientist are agnostic and their contribution is immense...

now look at bin laden who got killed yesterday...he believed in god and took purpose he believed in...how dangerous that was for all humans...in fact i pity him because he wasted his life which was capable of having purposeful ...

purpose and meaning of life is not limited to whether invisible , unproven god exist or not...life itself is so grand that it needs no invisible thing to be purposeful...one can have grand purposes if one leaves god thing behind and works for human species as whole without getting into whether unproven god which has not been seen by any in human history exist or not ....

2. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and you wonder why religion is labeled as breeding intolerance and hatred by insulting the 'other' guys roll

3. kirstenblog profile image78

I could just as easily state that all muslims are terrorists, if we are insulting the other guy and throwing labels around

1. pisean282311 profile image61
        pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

chill kirsten...paar has mistakenly defined his purpose to spread his belief...now this might be no purpose according to u and me but for him it is THE purpose and all his post are in context of that....

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually the opposite is true.

Many religions promise paradise after death, so many believers waste their lives here on earth because they think the best is yet to come.

Atheists believe their time on earth is all they have, so they usually make a great effort to make the most of it.

1. profile image49
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The go to heaven is not the purpose of religion; though that would happen anyway by default if one achieves the purpose of life. Please support your expression from the truthful Word revealed.

5. Trish_M profile image80
      Trish_Mposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am agnostic. There is plenty of meaning and purpose in my life.

I have to say that I am getting a bit tired of seeing this sort of nonsense, posted by Believers of various persuasions.

1. profile image49

For instance .
        What do you think is the purpose of human life? Please ensure  that at least all agnostics should agree to it, even if all human do not agree.

Human life if one race; so the purpose should be common to everybody.

1. secularist10 profile image60
          secularist10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Paar, What do you think is the purpose of human life? Please ensure  that at least all religious believers should agree to it, even if all human do not agree.

1. profile image49

I was making things easier for the Atheists; they don't have a Code of Life to quote from; so they could tell the purpose to which all of them agree; othewise they are in a quandry- the People of Doubt- the atheists.

Those who believe in a Word revealed could quote from their Book and also the reason given by their Book.

1. profile image52
              jmfzrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey paarsurrey, you speak of "a Word revealed" and "quote from their Book" and the like. My question is, are you able to formulate any thoughts of your own? Anything at all I mean... or is the bible the only source of knowledge as far as you are concerned? If so, how are you able to use computers, phones, vehicles, running water and all the things that you haven't even considered were born of the minds of the very people you seem to be so unimpressed with? These things exist because of people questioning, researching, testing and scrutinizing. How often do you question, research, test and scrutinize the bible?

If someone told you a story, and in this story you found contradiction, would you believe the story to be true and to hold only true FACTS? I'm gonna take a risk and say NO you wouldn't. As a believer, please defend this : In the book of John we read "God is love", in 1st Corinthians "Love is not jealous", and in Exodus "for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God".

1. kirstenblog profile image78

That is just beautiful, Bravo!

2. Trish_M profile image80
          Trish_Mposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who says?
          My purpose in life may or may not be the same as someone else's.

Are you suggesting that I cannot have a purpose in life, unless it is identical to that of other agnostics ~ and that you have the right to decide upon these rules?

If you are speaking generally ~ about the purpose of life for all of humanity ~ then it is probably simply to reproduce,. smile

1. profile image0
            jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great. smile

2. profile image52
            jmfzrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent post Trish_M   +10!!

3. lizzieBoo profile image60
            lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

we all have a purpose in life. To honestly seek the truth must be a major part of it.

6. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"...finding no purpose" ?  Isn't "purpose" a personal thing?

Everyone has a purpose for which they are interested in.
      I may see no value in whatever someone else’s purpose is, and they may not see any value to mine.

You might then say that there is no reward to be had for the purpose that some people seem to be living or, but you would be wrong. 

If we wanted to sum it  to in a "nut shell"

I think this comes pretty close ....  Our purpose in life is simply to experience life,  always remembering that humanity flourishes under the doctrine of mutual gratification.

When this doctrine is broken, humanity falls out of balance, someone is cheated out of their share of gratification.

This is how it is described in the story of Cain and Able.
      Cain felt cheated.

Do we not care how out of balance humanity becomes ?  As long as we get ours.

Are we not cheating another out of their gratification if we convince them that their PURPOSE in life has no value.

We may think that our purpose in life is to show "THEM" that "they" are wrong ? 
          We all have found ourselves doing that.
          Where is our reward?
      Do we recieve more self gratification when we strip someone elses from them?

I realy don't know what I'm getting at?

It just don't sound right to tell anyone that "THEY" have no purpose.   That their purpose isn't real ? 

Does that make OUR purpose MORE  REAL ?   I don't think so.

But I'm probably wrong again.

1. profile image49

Human beings are one race or one kind; so a common purpose should apply to everyone.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Would that purpose be to go around trashing other religions as to support ones own religion?

In other words, our purpose is to start wars?

1. FreeThoughtist profile image60
            FreeThoughtistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Islam.

2. kirstenblog profile image78

Dear me, this thread is still going?

This quote below seems to be the problem, this refusal to accept that people are individuals and all different.

If everyone has to have one purpose, why not one religion, one job, one hair colour, one eye colour, oh and everyone has to dress the same, and look the same and no one is allowed to be smarter then the average or dumber then the average. To bad your God is a bit challenged in the intelligence department because he made each and every one of us totally unique, really hard to turn such diversity into carbon copies of each other. A smart God who wanted us all to have the same purpose would have made us identical without even gender as a difference and we would breed like amoebas. Sorry but I don't worship dumb Gods, with faulty plans for creation tongue

7. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Finding purpose? Boy do you not know anything about understanding life.

You don't find a purpose for your life. You create one.

The fact that people like yourself continue to LOOK for a purpose, instead of creating one is one of the main reasons for so many people walking around aimlessly, blindly by themselves.

You create a purpose for your life to have. Thus, it gives your life meaning. If you should decide to create a purpose that serves a purpose higher than self then that would be good. However, if you create a purpose that is higher than that of humanity, then you are just a self-serving a$$ with no vision.

The highest purpose life can have is to serve humanity, to make it stronger, to build it's knowledge based, to understand the wisdom/truth derived by all knowledge and experience received.

Thus, the human species continues to live on, and on, and on.

Your assumption that Atheists or anyone who doesn't think like you or believe like you, has no purpose for their life is completely and totally absurd.

8. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If your only purpose in life is to please an imaginary being tehn I feel sorry for you.

1. profile image49

Did I say it?

9. Slarty O'Brian profile image80
      Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What purpose can a god add to your life? Zero. You make your own purpose. Any purpose a god has for you is their purpose not yours.

There are several purposes in life. The objective purpose for humans is to do what they do. We gather, process, store, and pass on information. That is the human function and thereby our objective purpose. Some here have said we try to better ourselves and make the world a better place. I think that is an objective purpose as well. Making the world better is good for the entire species.  But it can be your subjective purpose. The two go hand in hand.

Your subjective purpose might be your family and friends; being loved and giving love. But it could be anything including your job, if you are doing something you love.

Then there are the purposes society or others assign to you. You have duties and responsibilities. Many are assigned rather than being chosen. This is the category governments and gods and their will come under.  They are not objective purposes because they are not natural, and they are not subjective because  you don't choose them. Which is why I put them in a different category.

Then there are people who just don't need an objective and don't like assigned purpose, but find their own subjective purpose is all they need or want.

The religious bow to the will of an imaginary god just like they would bow to the will of a dictator. But I see no purpose in that what so ever.

10. ceciliabeltran profile image63
      ceciliabeltranposted 12 years agoin reply to this

when you first came to hubpages you were respectful and you had a good cause, to promote understanding of islam to those who do not understand it.

But now...I don't know. Perhaps they won? Don't allow other peoples darkness squelch whatever light you saw in your faith. That they do not understand it is not their fault or yours.

2. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Are you running out of more focused insults paarsurrey? Unless you personally know every single atheist etc in the world, how do you have a clue as to how much direction or motivation they may have or not in their lives?

3. dingdondingdon profile image61
    dingdondingdonposted 12 years ago

I have plenty of purpose. I intend to enjoy my life, and to achieve the goals that I believe will make me happy and satisfied with the choices I have made in my life.

I wonder about you.

1. profile image49

Humans  are one kind or one race; so a common purpose should apply to everyone.

I think one should not mention one's personal targets that is not to be confused with the purpose of human life.

1. dingdondingdon profile image61
        dingdondingdonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe humanity has one great purpose, other than to continue surviving as a species.

1. profile image49

Why should not there be a great purpose of human life which is a intelligent race; they can speak and write?

Lower Life cannot speak or write; so their purpose should not be equalled to the Human Life; it will be most unreasonable.

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image80

Define purpose for us.

2. dingdondingdon profile image61
            dingdondingdonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why should there be a purpose? "Lower life" can speak, just not in human languages, and there are animals capable of their own writing system (for example, monkeys).

4. secularist10 profile image60
    secularist10posted 12 years ago

Yes, all of these people have no purpose or had no purpose in their life.

Forrest J. Ackerman
    Douglas Adams
    Phillip Adams
    Ayaan Hirsi Ali
    Tariq Ali
    Woody Allen
    Shulamit Aloni
    Fernando Alonso
    Thomas J. Altizer
    Robert Altman
    Natalie Angier
    Lance Armstrong
    Liv Arnesen
    Madison Arnold
    Darren Aronofsky
    Isaac Asimov
    Peter William Atkins
    David Attenborough
    Kevin Bacon
    Russell Baker
    J.G. Ballard
    Iain M. Banks
    Clive Barker
    Dan Barker
    MC Paul Barman
    Dave Barry
    Richard Bartle
    Béla Bartók
    Bill Bass
    Simone de Beauvoir
    Matt Bellamy
    Steve Benson
    Ingmar Bergman
    George Bernard Shaw
    Pierre Berton
    Matt Besser
    Paul Bettany
    Björk
    Susan Blackmore
    Bill Blass
    Jim Bohanan
    Sir Herman Bondi
    Pierre Boulez
    T. Coraghessan Boyle
    Nathaniel Branden
    Marlon Brando
    Richard Branson
    Berkeley Breathed
    André Breton
    Julia Hartley Brewer
    Marcus Brigstocke
    Isaac Brock
    John Brockman
    Charlie Brooker
    Rodney Brooks
    Andrew Brown
    Derren Brown
    Peter Buck
    Luis Buñuel
    Richard Burton
    Gabriel Byrne
    John Byrne
    Dean Cameron
    James Cameron
    Eddie Campbell
    Albert Camus
    Mike Carey
    George Carlin
    John Carmack
    Adam Carolla
    John Carpenter
    Asia Carrera
    Jimmy Carr
    Fidel Castro
    David Chalmers
    Stephen Chapman
    Dov Charney
    Vic Chesnutt
    Noam Chomsky
    Mohammed Choukri
    Robin Christopher
    Chumbawamba
    Arthur C. Clarke
    Jeremy Clarkson
    Nick Clegg
    Alexander Cockburn
    Billy Connolly
    John Conway
    Alex Cox
    Brian Cox
    Wayne Coyne
    Wes Craven
    Francis Crick
    David Cronenberg
    David Cross
    Alan Cumming
    Justin Currie

Those are just some of the atheists. Never mind the "agnostics" and others.

http://www.celebatheists.com/wiki/Main_Page

1. profile image49

Did they mention that they had some purpose in their life? Please quote from all of them.

Yup, most of them did. I guess you aren't familiar with any of them. These are all famous people and celebrities. They are politicians, authors, actors, businesspeople, directors, professors, intellectuals, scientists, performers, artists and others.

They have all accomplished a significant amount in their field during their lives and have received recognition for it. That is why they are famous.

Nobody in this world accomplishes anything significant without a sense of purpose. All of these people have demonstrated a strong sense of purpose, goals and definitely not "whiling away their lives."

You are very free to click the link I provided and read all of their stories and interviews provided.

1. profile image49

Just quote from them. Any other atheist skeptic agnostic apatheist pantheist whatever please.

Haha, ok. You are impossible to get through to, but at least for the sake of anyone reading, I will quote from Lance Armstrong, who is a record-setting Tour de France cyclist, and has survived testicular cancer after being given a 40% chance to live, and now works for cancer research.

First of all, he is definitely a nonbeliever:

Interviewer: "For a miracleman, you're not very religious."
            Armstrong: "I don't have anything against organized religion per se. We all need something in our lives. I personally just have not accepted that belief. But I'm one of the few."

He is also quoted as saying:

"You have to try and it won't always be easy but you try your best. I do not believe that because you are not prepared to submit yourself to a god or a higher being, that when you get to the end of the road, you will be sent down. I'm not prepared to believe that."

Now, as far as purpose and a meaningful life is concerned, Armstrong has written:

The night before brain surgery, I thought about death. I searched out my larger values, and I asked myself, if I was going to die, did I want to do it fighting and clawing or in peaceful surrender? What sort of character did I hope to show? Was I content with myself and what I had done with my life so far? I decided that I was essentially a good person, although I could have been better--but at the same time I understood that the cancer didn't care.
            I asked myself what I believed. I had never prayed a lot.

I hoped hard, I wished hard, but I didn't pray. I had developed a certain distrust of organized religion growing up, but I felt I had the capacity to be a spiritual person, and to hold some fervent beliefs. Quite simply, I believed I had a responsiblity to be a good person, and that meant fair, honest, hardworking, and honorable. If I did that, if I was good to my family, true to my friends, if I gave back to my community or to some cause, if I wasn't a liar, a cheat, or a thief, then I believed that should be enough.

http://www.celebatheists.com/wiki/Lance_Armstrong

This man has accomplished a tremendous amount in his life. Nobody lives the life he has lived without goals and purpose. If you can't understand that, then you are a stubborn fool.

1. profile image0
              just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice post. My opinion of Lance Armstrong just went up considerably.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

The Islamic propagandist has no interest in your answers at all. The mission is to spread propaganda, not debate. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78

Bingo!

5. profile image0
    Kihruiposted 12 years ago

What about pantheists?

Frying Pantheism is just another version of Skilletianity. smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like that...

2. profile image49

Pantheism is the view that the Universe (Nature) and God are identical.[1] Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal, anthropomorphic or creator god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

The Creator-God Allah YHWH is distinctively different from the created; the universe and all within it are created by Him and under his effective control; so they are not identical:

[39:63] Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is Guardian over all things.
      [39:64] To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth; and as for those who disbelieve in the Signs of Allah, these it is who are the losers.
      [39:65] Say, ‘Is it other gods than Allah that you bid me worship, O ye ignorant ones?’
      [39:66] And verily it has been revealed to thee as unto those before thee: ‘If thou attribute partners to God, thy work shall surely go vain and thou shalt certainly be of the losers.’
      [39:67] Aye, worship Allah and be among the thankful.
      [39:68] And they do not esteem Allah, with the esteem that is due to Him. And the whole earth will be but His handful on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be rolled up in His right hand. Glory to Him and exalted is He above that which they associate with Him.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=67

Such terrible behavior for a god who must childishly insult others in order to gain attention.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The same thing as in most fundy stuff. The god thing sounds like a complete dill. smile

3. Slarty O'Brian profile image80

What about Pantheists? Einstein had no purpose? Carl Sagan had no purpose? Here are some other famous Pantheists. William Wordsworth  Samuel Coleridge Johann Gottlieb Fichte, Friedrich Wilhelm Joseph Schelling  Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel  Walt Whitman, Ralph Waldo Emerson  Henry David Thoreau  D. H. Lawrence, Robinson Jeffers Frank Lloyd Wright  Arnold Toynbee Rachel Carson Margaret Atwood Mikhail Gorbachev David Suzuki, to name but a few.

Quote from Einstein: A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty  - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude;  in this sense, and this alone, I am a deeply religious man.

Margaret Atwood: god is not the voice in the whirlwind
      god is the whirlwind.

Mikhail Gorbachev: I believe in the cosmos.
      All of us are linked to the cosmos. So nature is my god.  To me, nature is sacred. Trees are my temples and forests are my cathedrals.

6. profile image0
    jomineposted 12 years ago

What is your 'purpose', other than er! starting nonsense forums?

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bravo!

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Waiting to see the response to this. smile

8. profile image49

Just his thoughts; does not explain the purpose of human life.
    Such acts are done more by religious people than the atheists- the "tiny minority".

[2:63] Surely, the Believers, and the Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians — whichever party from among these truly believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds — shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=53

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good deeds- Get my 72 Virgins?

well what if I do not want 72 Virgins, just one good slutty Broad that knows what she is doing?

Haha, exactly. How about 72 porn stars--now THAT is a deal worth dying for!

2. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What I find interesting is that many of the people who killed themselves in some of these attacks had wives.  It makes you wonder what the matrimonial partners are going to say about the 72 virgins when they reach the heavenly paradise.

2. profile image49
      1. Cagsil profile image70

You love drawing attention to yourself, don't you? lol lol

I wish hubpages would take a look at his previous sock puppet, and take him out. smile

2. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Isn't their a sin that involves always having to draw attention to oneself?

Think you might be on to something with that statement. lol lol

1. psycheskinner profile image83

I do worry about his immortal soul, what with all this self-obsessed posturing.

What soul? lol

1. psycheskinner profile image83

The one he should be worried about polluting with self-serving rhetoric and me-me-me-ism.  [shrug]

He clearly isn't here to write hubs.

9. profile image49

Why should not there be a great purpose of human life which is a intelligent race; they can speak and write?

Life at a lower level of evolution cannot speak or write ; so their purpose should not be equalled to the purpose of human life who can speak and write distincitve qualities of humans; it will be most unreasonable.

Will the intelligent atheists agnostics skeptics please mention the purpose of human life

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In your case, you'll have to ask your mom and dad.  They may be able to explain the purpose of your existence, but I doubt they had any idea you would be the result of their matrimonial duty.smile

If they are still around, I would love to hear their apology....er..explanation for your purpose in being here!  I'll be waiting!  lol

1. profile image49

The parents only know that they performed their natural duty and urge like I performed my duty and urge; that is personal thing; not a common purpose of life where evolution leads us all the human beings.

Still waiting.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Sorry, this is not an acceptable explanation!  Ask them, unless of course, you are afraid of their answer.  They should have as accurate a response as anyone, I would think.

You started this thread, now finish it!

10. earnestshub profile image80

This life has been "whiled away" very nicely!

11 businesses, a large family and real quality time to be spent with children. Retirement with my grandchildren, years of globe trotting behind me, and my remaining years doing what I have always done. Whatever the hell I like!..... (that is moral and legal.)
    You should read more hubs, there are no doubt thousands like me just on hubpages alone. It's getting better with the net growing, the world can talk. Some can even listen. smile

Yep. just "whiled away" smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here here! Sounds like your life has been very fruitful and meaningful. smile

Yes it has in my opinion too.
        Although I must say I know many who have done much more.

I even tried to become a politician at one time, but came to the conclusion that it would mean lying even before I could get started, or being a much better man than me. smile

I respect some politicians highly, others not so much! lol
        Most people have done a lot more than they acknowledge, reading hubs is the best way to "see" a lot more of someone's life.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think politicians are less about serving and more about self serving.

So true, Earnest!  This is why I do not give much credibility to those who have only a few unimpressive hubs published.  I feel I know a little bit of your life by your hubs and your forum posts too. 

Besides, you were the first to welcome me here and comment on my hubs.  Your own personal beliefs are just that, but as we all know, some people cannot abide those who do not share their  delusions. The OP is proven untruthful and hurts his own cause.  A good thing for all of us.  smile

Thank you Randy, I have arrived at the same conclusions about you after reading your hubs. smile You are certainly not someone who has "whiled their life away!"  I remember when I first saw you on hubpages and read your first hub, not something I can say about everyone on these forums. smile

To type categorize and make assumptions about others he does not know just doesn't cut the mustard.

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
              DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thouught you and Randy's purpose in life was to make me laugh!  And now I hear you have no purpose...such a shame...

1. Randy Godwin profile image61

What, you've been laughing at me, DIY?  No one has told you how sensitive I am?  lol

I do prefer humor to gloom, especially religious gloom and doom! smile

You may be alot of things, Randy, but sensitive is probably not one of them!  And yes, besides being my champion, you do make me laugh out loud on occasion!  And just for the record, I'm not an atheist, but I do think atheists have a purpose in life...they give Christians something to do...it's alot of work trying to convert you guys!

2. earnestshub profile image80

I make you laugh? That fulfills one of my needs right there! I would give my life to being funny if I were funny enough. smile

Absolutely, Earnest!  Sometimes I scroll throught the forums just to read what you and Randy say, because I know it's going to be at least worth a giggle or two!

3. profile image49

That could be their pass time to entertain one; they have yet to find a purpose of life for which evolution started and is leading all the human beings.

Well, according to Earnest, he's going back to being part of the earth, so that's purposeful!  Although i do believe he has more of a soul that he lets on.  So you see, paars, I believe that if you're a good person and you do things to bring joy to the lives of others as these two gentlemen do, your life can never be without meaning.

1. profile image49

That is defining a personal or limited goal; not the purpose of human life at large.

I think we've both had a lot of wind in our faces, Earnest!  One learns a few things along the way!  smile

11. profile image49

One will agree that the atheists have no idea of purpose of life of man/woman; if one does not know it, one has no intent to achieve it; all one's deeds are just in vain.

Life without purpose is life wasted.

[18:106] Those are they who disbelieve in the Signs of their Lord and in the meeting with Him. So their works are vain, and on the Day of Resurrection We shall give them no weight.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=105

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As I have said before - do you know every single atheist in the world, so how could you know about their sense of purpose? At least they are not basing their lives around some books that were written in prehistoric times, and should be given as much credence as the myths of ancient Greece or Egypt.

1. profile image49

It is the fault of the people of doubt; they have no code of life; so they walk wayward without a purpose.

[2:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
        [2:2] Alif Lam Mim.
        [2:3] This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; it is a guidance for the righteous,
        [2:4] Who believe in the unseen and observe Prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;
        [2:5] And who believe in that which has been revealed to thee, and that which was revealed before thee, and they have firm faith in what is yet to come.
        [2:6] It is they who follow the guidance of their Lord and it is they who shall prosper.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … r.php?ch=2

If they cannot author a Code of Life for them individuall and/or collectively; they should follow Quran the book of certainties to end their doubts.

1. CMHypno profile image83
          CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Trouble is paar a lot of us can think for ourselves and formulate our own belief systems. A lot of us also don't insist that everyone has to be the same. My middle name is not 'lemming'! smile

12. earnestshub profile image80

You summed it up perfectly with "one will agree"

One.

You.

13. Alastar Packer profile image69
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

kirstenblog and CM, it couldn't be stated better. paar, open the lid to the box your in and see the wonders.

14. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

Paarsurrey. I do not get you.

You do not know me or anyone at this board. That is clear. How dare you insult millions of people all because you think you are right. You think you are right and we all know you are wrong. We can care less what is going on through your head. Love your religion and cherish it, fine by me. Dedicating your life to a book that was written by people is your prerogative not ours. Clearly you have no respect for anyone else on that world and for that I am glad I do not know you as a person.

If for some reason you were my next door neighbor, and you were this disrespectful like this to me. Boy oh boy would there be a problem.

Stop the insults. Go somewhere else with your opinions, we don't need them. We've heard them all and they have no merit to them.

I have no purpose or goals in life. F you.

The Islamic propagandist is highly successful in his endeavors to show Islam as a peaceful religion. lol

1. profile image49

Islam as a peaceful religion; it is a reality; one should realize.

15. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

How about we start ignoring these moronic threads, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No way, too much fun just to read this. big_smile

2. Mikeydoes profile image43
      Mikeydoesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol I usually do, but there are so few topics I might as well!

16. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Monotheism is warrior religion. Who perpetrating most of the violence in the world today? Christians, Muslim and Jewish nations.

1. profile image49

Is it from the Science or the religion or just a figment of one's imagination?

All religions and their founders were/are peaceful and the non-believers are always violent warriors.

17. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

One god is always superior to the posit of all other gods. See a conflict here?

1. profile image49

There is only ONE the Creator-God; others are mythincal and not a reality; so there is no conflict in reality.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)