Attention all Hub Writers- A must Read!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 61 discussions (120 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hello Hubbers,

I am quoting a post written by ThisisOli from another thread. The title was inappropriate, however, I have linked to it, so you can read the other replies already posted in the other thread.

But, do weigh in here. This DEMANDS your immediate attention.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/87482

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil: So What? Who really cares?
      What's the big urgency?

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you have the same attitude towards any company you do business or contract with, Dave?  Or do you just not make any money here anyway so you don't really care?

1. davenmidtown profile image68
          davenmidtownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is really not much different from the ad programs outside of Amazon.  Different levels of ads pay differently based on what is available for Paid advertisers looking for specific content for their ads.  We already deal with premium ads, higher paying ads, and filler ads with the google adsense account.  What I read was yes for item (i) we get paid if someone clicks on an amazon ad but we don't get paid as much compared to if someone buys something on amazon after clicking a link through our hub.  ii and iii are either or statements that have to do with the clicks and the quality of the advertising that appears on our hub.  There is competition between the ads that we ourselves place and the ad sponsorship that hubpages markets for us.  So again, it is an either or and hubpages makes that determination for us on an hub by hub rule.  What I would be concerned about is if you could not read the finer details that were stated in the original forum post.

2. profile image56
      Alpheta41posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you really make money writing for this forum. I went through the process of creating a paypal account, I supposedly have the account, and i've established a documented account with paypal. But the link to Hub's and Paypal are virtually non-existant. I have got to find out how this compensation thing works. So far, all i've found out, is the internet is a scammer paradise, everybody's got a game plan.  So give me the 411 on this issue.

1. Jean Bakula profile image90
        Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HP puts the money in your PalPay account. They make a test transaction, usually a few pennies, and put it into the account you told them is linked from HP to Paypal. Once you verify this goes well, your money will be transferred into your account. But it took me 1 year for my first payout, and I haven't gotten one from Amazon yet, though I reached the $100 threshold in October. Best of luck.

3. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at the TOS of Squidoo, or any other top article site - all of these sites use legal terms to basically say that they can or will change things whenever they want.

"We haven't yet, but we reserve the right to use pooled revenue to pay our overhead and then allocate pay it to Lenses based on their LensRank and traffic. We may also use attributable revenue to pay any remaining overhead and then distribute the CO-OP share (50%) directly to the Lenses that earned it."

Direct from Squidoo's TOS - so as their overhead increases your co-op share decreases.

Have you even tried to read Google's TOS....

..basically what people are complaining about is the standard practice of a private company trying to control what is happening on their website....

If you truly feel Hubpages is going to steal your work - then start removing it today.....end of story!

Inofbarrel TOS: "Changes or differentiations in the rate of the Commission may be made by InfoBarrel in its sole and absolute discretion"

Wizzley: "Wizzley reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice, without liability to you or any third party. Wizzley, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of or access to the Service, and remove and discard any Author Content, for any reason. "

4. 2besure profile image80
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will not use the amazon program if that is the case.
      I don't make that much money from them anyway!  Other than that, I am not going anywhere.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Just in case you missed it. lol

1. Teddletonmr profile image70
      Teddletonmrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my, wha t are we to do? Give up on earnings on our Hubs with amazon ?

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmm:

3. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

I keep trying to read stuff like this to learn and keep track of earnings and stuff and I just can't ever make myself get through it.

Money and time. Two things that don't exist and  yet manage to be the centers of reality that I am forced to live by anyway.

It vexes me.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then approach the issue Solely from the perspective of Principle! smile

You will then feel less vexed smile

You guys have companies with principles in New Zealand?  Wow!  It used to be like that here in America years ago.  Those were the good ole days!  smile

Howdy Randy... You still have them.. is it just that the culprits would have you believe that Principles are not to be relied upon!  sad

Duty of Care is the tool that screws that scrum though smile

It's a pity that people stopped standing up for the principles that do call for a fair suck of the sav mate! (sorry.. a bit of dingo coming out there!)

I am a firm believer in principles PD, whether those I'm dealing with have them or not.  Sure, I may not always win my battles with the unprincipled, but I always leave them with a few scratches and scars, if nothing else.  smile

Oh I'm pretty sure I know that much about you mate.. we've shared a foxhole. I feel the same, though I tend to go after those dangling body parts directly, rather than using my snake! big_smile

As long as we get results it's worth the effort no matter the technique used, PD!   I knew you had your own set of principles too!lol

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I try. smile

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm saddened but relieved to know I'm not the only one.
      If someone as intelligent and talented as you  suffers from TOS-itis it might actually be a legitimate malady!

4. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 12 years ago

HP is now big enough to abuse their writers and get away with it. I am writing a hub on alternatives to HP and should publish it next week. In that hub I will share a private exchange I had with Jason via email. When you see it you will have no doubtt HP is making a play for your work. Enough is enough.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Im a bit confused. . didnt you announce to all that you were leaving  .. this is a part of it that was Posted 6 days ago

And today you are still here and now in the midst of writing YET another hub. . even though you claim your hubs were going to disappear and reappear elsewhere. Oh and of course we all need an exit strategy. I hope others do no follow your exit example.

I bet you cant wait to share your "private" conversation you had with a Hub page staffer.

My question to you. . is when is enough really enough?

1. KeithTax profile image72
        KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The more information you have in business, Wavegirl, the better your chances for success. I'm actually helping you by sharing knowledge you do not have. But you know the old adage: You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. I can live with that.

Yes Keith - saying you are leaving and taking all your Hubs down and then still showing up and adding more Hubs is definitely the key to success.

And someone I truly do NOT WANT OR NEED TO TAKE ADVICE FROM.

You say to me "The more information you have in business, Wavegirl, the better your chances for success."

And I say back . .how do you know what success or not I have had.

Move on Keith. . you already said you were going to . .Hubpages does not need people like you to bad mouth this site.. Occupy Hubpages are you kidding?

Like it or not Hubpages will survive without people like you enticing riot. Stop trying to bring it down.

1. jimmythejock profile image84
            jimmythejockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow Keith you still here?
            thought you would be long gone by now along with your fabricated allegations.
            i wouldn't bother publishing your private conversation with Jason because it is so easy to edit it to say what you want it to say.....jimmy

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

If I ever start to feel like I'm getting fucked here....I can either straight up move my stuff, or just re write it on Info Barrel.

No biggie.

I was thinking of moving to Info Barrel too. Have you heard good things about them? I thought you had to give them a sample of your work, a rather large one, such as 10 pieces? I am just about at my 100th hub, and want to change my topics and strategy, as some topics aren't getting attention.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been there for a while, but I've done far and away more writing here.

You just have to submit ten articles and have them be approved before you can just up and publish.

It's sort of a spammer screening process.

OK thanks WTS. I still like the ease of use wih HP, but need to put my eggs in more baskets. I've tried backlinking, but since I write on Metaphysical stuff, the Astrology and Tarot sites are really slick and just made so you can order charts and readings from them. They don't encourage interaction, only want your cash. Soon I want to delete some of my hubs that either aren't doing well, or I don't like anymore, and maybe begin a new topic.

6. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure the change in the TOS is as nefarious as you all think.

I'm reading it as "we're not sure how this is going to work out and we are protecting ourselves from someone going apes**t and suing us"

Good legalize (and that is what the TOS is) protects the company from lawsuits, that's it.  It ALWAYS looks worse to the contracted.  Always.  Because it always gives wiggle room to the contractor. 

This is an untried model that HP is going with, they want the room to change things as needed without violating the "contract" or having to give ridiculously long advanced warning. 

It would be silly of them to lay out precise terms without knowing how things are going to play out.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Grand Pooh Bah Paul E, CEO of HP just answered all of this on the original forum post.  I detect nothing the least bit nefarious in his answer either - go have a look.

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

In as much as I've never made an Amazon sale in my life, this is something I don't have to worry about. big_smile

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't give up!

I was dumb enough to delete all amazon capsules at one point....luckily, I tried again.  Twelve items sold last month - no, not some great commission, but twelve items is my personal month's best.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://inthewildwithwags.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/wild20turkey.jpg
    Paradigmsearch and Wesman Todd Shaw take a stroll...

10. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

This is a rather interesting TOS statement for new amazon whatever you want to call it

HubPages reserves the right to discontinue, temporarily or permanently, Your participation in the Amazon Program under HubPages at any time and for any reason, without liability to You or any third party.

That statement is meant to be as much as a safeguard for you the writer as it is for hubpages to protect itself.

11. theherbivorehippi profile image64
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

Thanks for this Cagsil. I actually wouldn't have read the original thread by Thisoli based on the title. This is definitely information I needed to read.

12. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Weisman:  I cannot find info in the infobarrel site. Can you  promote Amazon, etc in your articles on there?

1. theherbivorehippi profile image64
      theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can on Wizzley. I only have five articles there and they're doing very well. I was trying to wait and see how traffic was over there before I invested too much time but I've been quite impressed. You can use other affiliates and banners too.

I only have a few articles on Infobarrel but I've never used Amazon on there. Perhaps you can and I've just not invested the time to discover it? Sorry...I can't answer the question on this one. sad

13. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Wavegirl, I  know I am on my way out, that is for sure.  I am in process now of doing so.

1. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have it right, LindaSmith1. Like you, I am leaving. However, I will not cut off my nose to spite my face. Like HP, I have a TOS in my business. I will take whatever steps necessary to makee the most profit. And leaving means removing hubs in the near future. I plan on helping other that want to leave as well.

Call it Occupy Hubpages. mad

14. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Just want to mention that Cags has been banned for 7 days.

sad Miss you Cags!

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ya gotta love the guy! lol

15. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Why has Cags been banned?  I think any of us who are speaking out will see reprucussions.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cags gets banned frequently.  People get banned when break the rules

16. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Thanks HIppi.  if you can do other affiliate programs, then amazon will be okay too, more than likely.  Let me check.     I just checked, Yepper you can along with other affilaite programs.  Whooopeeee!!!!

This is a free website that allows people to publish their work and make money from advertising that YOU the write never has to worry about finding. Try that in a magazine or newspaper or even a blog.  If this place is so bad then leave... nobody is keeping you here.  But I for one am getting kinda of tiered of jump to conclusion mentality that goes along with many of these forums.  Go read the TOS again and if you don't understand it take it to a lawyer who will explain it to you.

17. R-J-T profile image61
    R-J-Tposted 12 years ago

There is only one thing I need clarifying here:

DOES THIS MEAN I CANNOT USE MY AMAZON ASSOCIATE ACCOUNT THAT I GOT THROUGH HUBPAGES ON MY OWN OR OTHER 2.0 SITES?

If I cannot this is the worst possible result for me and I'm sure many others.

Can you please clear this up urgently!

Thank you.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course not, you can use that account anywhere.

1. R-J-T profile image61
        R-J-Tposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are prohibited from entering into any additional tier of affiliate relationship, and You will not utilize any HubPages-issued Amazon tracking ID anywhere other than on the HubPages Website

That is from the other thread.

Does this mean we will be given new tracking IDs or are they referring to the ones we already have?

I hope your right Uninvited Writer.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yhey only control the tracking id you input into Amazon. You can create as many tracking ids as you want in Amazon.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
            FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The problem is..how to keep track (no pun intended) of which tracking number goes with which website if you have multiple sites - so far I have only one, but for a person that has, say five....

18. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

It is my understanding that the new HP Earnings Amazon Program will result in the issuing of brand new affiliate codes that HP will control, the same as they have done with HPE eBay.

Our own Amazon affiliates code are our own to use anywhere we wish, just no longer on HP, come the start of the New Year.

Even though we are not told what our new affiliate code is, it is easy to find by right-clicking any hub of ours, viewing source, and finding the code in the html.

It is THAT code that we may not use elsewhere.

19. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Well Keith, I guess some of us can look at this way.  While the faithful blind wonder what has happened to their money, we will laugh all the way to the bank with 100 percent of our commission, and with it being paid on a monthly basis since the minimum is only 10 bucks for direct deposit.  We can track. We will be able to see reports etc, they the faithful blind won't be privvy to.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If and and Keith are planning on leaving, why not just go?

No-one is forcing you to stay.

Spot on Izzy. ..

And you will get no real reply to the real question as to why they are here.

Attention getters at their finest.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
          PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree.  But I think it might be best just to ignore those two.  I think their threats to leave HP are empty and they have no intention of closing down their HP accounts.  I am not even convinced that they genuinely believe their own conspiracy theories.

20. LindaSmith1 profile image61

HippI:  On that one site, can you unpublish and republish there.  I could not find info on that other than no duplicate content.

21. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Well,, I just got answer from Amazon about this dliemma. Their response is No Comment

22. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Oh, I forgot.  Ask Hub Pages,  LOL

23. LindaSmith1 profile image61

No-one is forcing us to leave on their time schedule either.

Do you post just to post ?

Or do you actually have something to say?

Why not try reading what the thread is about before using your fingers on the keyboard.

I think I should listen to your wise words.

24. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Besides, it takes time to get other things set up properly, and then deciding what will go where.  And there is also another method to my madness as well.

25. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

I can't sign up for Amazon in my state, anyway, so the point is moot.

26. davenmidtown profile image68
    davenmidtownposted 12 years ago

Alpheta41:  You have been here for 5 weeks and not written a single hub.  If you expect to make money here then writer quality contents.  It takes time to build up readership and a hub base.  If you write quality work that people want to read the money flows in.  I have been here for 8 months and have written here part time and am right on the verge of making serious money here. To start the process though you need to start writing.  Quality work thrives, no grammar errors, no spelling errors, use SEO key words on topics that people will read.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
      Victoria Lynnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great points, davenmidtown. Quality is important. A person has to put time and effort into it before they can expect to make money! Just checked out your hub topics. Plan to follow and check out some of your work.
      The one about your cat family looks great!

27. davenmidtown profile image68

Thank you Victoria Lynn.  People should check out your writing too.  Did you find it easy when you first started writing here?  I know that I did not.  I had to figure a lot of this stuff out on my own. Trial and error works well sometimes.  I have also had to begin the process of going back and re-writing a lot of my earlier hubs, but that result is paying off too.  For the most part this is a very great community of very great writers and artisans.  I think that some times people spend so much time in the forums complaining that they do not get very much writing done.   There is another point I shall make here.  I read a lot of hubs and sometimes I find a really great writer and sometimes I find people who are writing what I would call a book report type article on a subject that is already exhausted.  I think people should just write and stop trying to force the system to conform.  I spend as much time writing as I do reading other peoples works.   Quality writing thrives... so all of us should focus on that.

28. Victoria Lynn profile image88

I agree, davenmidtown. It's NOT easy starting out. I read other hubs, forums, etc....for months before I even published my first hub. I'm still learning more about SEO, backlinks, key words, and even stuff like attributing photos correctly, formatting hubs better, etc.... I spend a lot of time writing and going back and revising my older hubs, as well. I want all of them to be as high quality as possible. You have said that you're starting to make some money at it, too. I hope for mine to be more lucrative one day, but, for now, I'm learning, enjoying the community of writers, and building at least a small amount of income that will hopefully one day turn into something! I'd advise everyone to just write quality hubs, learn from others; don't try to learn everything at once, but do learn as you go.

1. Lord De Cross profile image68
      Lord De Crossposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh! such a sweet statement. you are truly adorable Victoria. I'm reading you guys and I'm AMAZED for things going shady..Sorry to hear Cags has been baneed again...Kimberly got..or met her match!

29. davenmidtown profile image68

I think that is a very valid point Victoria Lynn... learn a little bit everyday and not try to understand ALL of this at once.  I very rarely utilize the amazon links because I think they detract from the message or formatting within many of my hubs.  I also try to limit my writing to about five topics that I feel as thought I can contribute to fairly often.  My goal is to make magazine quality hubs that have more then one topic under a main title such as Fall Gardening: Maybe include three-five mini hubs about issues that gardeners may benefit from in the fall. Kind of like flipping through an issue of Sunset Magazine.

30. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Some people just fill up hubs with videos.

31. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I have to agree with Cagsil's original idea in posting this thread. I had no idea what that original thread was about according to its title. I would never have found it.

32. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I see HP is not coming forth with any answers, which is to be expected. 

I have cut my hubs in half so far.   Will do more next week depending on how busy I am with regular work.

33. davenmidtown profile image68

I agree SimeyC:  People who are not happy here should really just move their work.  I will say that I have never found another site like hubpages.

34. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I am moving to Wizzley, Factoidz, and my blogs, sites.  Discard content. Oh well, I always have a copy.  I prefer to control my earnings, my account with Amazon.

35. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Hub pages can have the junk I don't want.

36. davenmidtown profile image68

Don't litter!  :-)

37. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Oh well.  Some changes, get my products back iin. Then post where they go.  Once these batch is sorted out, only 15 to go.

from looking at your profile only 13 to go  .. maybe Hubpages can help you go faster and with one click of a button I am sure they can make them all go away faster.

I hear Wizzley and all those other sites are waiting for you with bated breathe.

Hurry you dont want to miss all those earnings .  .

38. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Well, this won't apply to me anyway.  I'm cut out of Amazon anyway because of the state I live in.  State sales tax issue.....

I am deleting all Amazon stuff anyway and using Ebay capsules.

1. IzzyM profile image86

I think you'll be back in again when the Hub Amazon comes out.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Izzy's right.  One of the things that prompted the HP move was all the shenanigans with Amazon and California.  You will be signing up with HP, so there won't be any issues, even though you are using Amazon ads, as it is HP who have the contract with Amazon not the ordinary hubbers.

39. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 12 years ago

I don't give a hoot, my hubs are free.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3988799_f248.jpg

40. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I will be laughing all the way to the bank.  While you sit and wonder what happened to your money.

Then tell me why are you still here. .if the earnings else where are so terrific what has taken you so long to see the light?

I am sure you must be one of the top Hubbers here.  . geeze I feel so bad for Hubpages  . .how will they survive without your Hubs?

41. LindaSmith1 profile image61

A lot will be leaving.

Shall we give them and you of course .. a going away party?

42. LindaSmith1 profile image61

At least we will get 100 percent of our commissions, which you won't do.

Yes yes 100 per cent of what  ..

a Wizz?

Seriously, I am curious. . why is it that if you get 100 per cent you are still here?  What is taking you so long. .

And thanks so much for the heads up. . all your Hubs were so enlightening and such great money making topics.. I now have so many urls that are open that are there for the taking! 

So why are you still here???

43. davenmidtown profile image68

Hubpages loses nothing when weakness abandons it. One of the beautiful things about huppages is the community of writers that flourishes here. The higher the quality of writers that publish here, the strong the higher paid advertisers will be to post their ads on our work.  Amazon is fleeting anyways as the states begin to add sales tax to online shopping, amazon will pull its affiliate network like they did in California.  Granted that the California government finally reversed their sales tax agenda... it is only short term before they figure out how to apply it properly.  Then Amazon will be gone again.  If people spent as much time writing as they did complaining they may actually make some money. The changes that have been happening around here seem to be more positive then negative and I am still grateful for everything that hubpages has give to me.

44. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Not everybody needs Amazon, but when we do the work, we want 100 percent not pennies
    Some are satisified with the crumbs they are thrown.
    Others want what the whole slice of bread
    All earnings paid through Pay Pal regardless of state is now required to be reported to IRS.
    Hub pages requires tax information, for obvious reasons.
    All earnings from these sites, etc, are subject to Federal and State tax.

The work?  try recruiting Google's top paying advertising for your hub on your own.  The work?  Try penning a deal with Ebay to be an affiliate.  The work?  they do THE WORK for you... all of the legal work.  Being a professional writer is just a very SMALL piece of The Work.

2. wavegirl22 profile image48

nice diatribe when you dont have an answer.

who is "we"

and again I ask .. why are you still here. .. Wiz has been up for how long. That other site fact whatever as well has been around.. why have are you still here. . .of course  .. cause you have really no other place to be. . .and chances are you have not earned too much here. . so what makes you think you are going to do better on a site that will never rank as a site like Hubpages. .

Crumbs. . ha I bet you dont even get cooking!

45. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Some people really need to get a life.

No offense but you have opened yourself open to this one. .

You are claiming some people need to get a life. . would that be yourself you are talking about. .considering you use your dead fiancées picture as your profile picture. You even begin your profile out with that fact. .

Talk about a money maker. Bet you rake it in .  .fact is  .. your name being Linda and your pic being a guy is just downright. . freaky.

Sorry but your comment did open the door for that one.

wavegirl I have never had a problem with you but YOU are out of line here. Speaking of someone's loved one who has passed away is just downright shameful. There are many hubbers who use their children,grandchildren,pets, etc., as their avatar. Who are you to say such horrible things to someone or judge someone because they use a picture of someone they hold dear to their heart? There's a difference between debating a topic and being just horribly disrespectful.

I've always found you to hold yourself with class in the forums (from what I have seen) but I think you need to step away and think about what you're saying and how you would feel if someone was hurling such hurtful comments in your direction. It is unnecessary.

I guess you havent this thread in its entirety.

Posted 16 hours ago

If someone wants to dish it out what makes them immune to getting some of what they are saying back.

I meant no disrespect. I am not a mean person. Enough is enough of people saying what they want with out backing up their words. Using their own trials and tribulations of life when it suits them makes me wonder.

2. IzzyM profile image86

I'm with Wavegirl on this one.

Linda Smith has been deriding this site all the way through this thread which is bad for community relations. She started off encouraging hubbers to strike, of all things, and when that idea was shot down in flames, has continually posted in desultory manner against the site.

If she wants to go, she is free to leave as no-one will stop her, but by continually posting as her hubs are removed she is stirring trouble in her wake.

To add insult to injury, she told wavegirl to get a life which was unnecessary.

Now that behaviour is disrespectful to the dead.

If you are using an avatar of sometime dear to you, your behaviour reflects on the person in the photo.

What does his family think about this? She wasn't married and there fore not his next of kin.

So if you are going to be disrespectful to others others here, you should have a nondescript avatar.

This is something I haven't seen before, someone being argumentative in another person's shoes, because that is what it looks like.

46. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I love this erase button.

47. davenmidtown profile image68

I will just say... good luck to you wherever you are going and I wish you the best.  I mean that.  For now, I am unfollowing this forum and going back to writing.

48. LindaSmith1 profile image61

David you can keep my fiance out of this. When you can spend one day, in his shoes, live his life for one day, then you can comment.  Until then, you can keep your mouth shut where he is concerned.

49. davenmidtown profile image68

Linda: who are you talking about?

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

wavegirl

50. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Wow, this conversation has really gone south. :-( Lord de cross--I did see your comment. Aw, you're a doll. As for the rest of the conversation, though, I think I'm off to more productive things.... Go write, people! :-)

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)