HIV Positive

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (58 posts)
  1. beautyrose profile image61
    beautyroseposted 14 years ago

My question is scarrry. Who are HIV positive here?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a highly sensative subject.  But, the truth of the matter is, HIV is a virus that is not so scary anymore.  Fear connotes ignorance, but we know how it is spread.  We must be more cautious in our sexual activities, and if we work in a medical setting.  But other than that, we don't have to worry about the AIDS monster.  FYI... It is believed to have been initially contracted by blood exposure to a primate that was infected with SIV (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus), and the virus mutated.  Someone having sex with monkeys is a myth.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With all due respect beautyrose, but asking such a personal question is not likely to get honest answers or many serious answers. If somebody did have HIV, do you not think that it would be their business and their business only? Unless you yourself had the virus and wanted advice, then there really is no reason to be asking. For the record, I do not have it. Not many people where I am from do, something like 1 in 4000 in my county..... more people than I know.

beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you did not contribute well to the topic. At least the others here are more informative than you are.

1. Colebabie profile image61
          Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because she didn't agree with you asking the question, he didn't contribute well? Why do you want to know anyways? Why is it your business?

It just came out of my mind.You may just deny it if you don't have. Look at the way others answered very professional.

2. Balinese profile image42
    Balineseposted 14 years ago

glad was not  me thou  wink)))

good.And do you have idea where this disease came from?

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The smart money is that it came about as a result of someone in Nigeria jumping a Rhesis monkey... smile

so its really not safe to be keeping animals around us. Let them stay in the normal habitats cause we don't know what kind diseases they can transmit. I'm also afraid of monkeys.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
            Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The odds of a virus mutating to that extent is very rare, and takes a certain genetic makeup in its host.  I don't recommend having a monkey as a pet, especially a wild monkey that hasn't had a proper examination.  I have seen "Outbreak".  Unprotected sex is much more dangerous than worrying about wild monkeys.

2. profile image0
          fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What?!

1. lrohner profile image69
            lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oooooooohhhhhhhhh.... As soon as I read that, I knew trouble was brewing, Fiery.

1. profile image0

Pearldiver knows better than to make dumb jokes about my country on the internet. She or he's just asking for it.

2. viryabo profile image94
            viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fierycj, are you just gonna say WHAT?! What happened to that fire in you? Dont just let this slide please!! yikes

3. expectus profile image74
    expectusposted 14 years ago

I've heard the monkey story before , as doctors dont seem to have a good explanation about how it all began,

either they were chopping up some monkey meat and cut themselves and mixed the blood together.

Or having a good old time with a randy minkey.

4. cindyvine profile image71
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Hahahaha he's jerking your chain, Fiery!  Nah, HIV came from one Allblack biting another in the rugby scrumm and when mixed with sheep blood, it mutated.

Yep we both know it had something to do with rugby... But WHY CAN'T YOU be honest Cindy???

You Know the Monkey had been wearing a Springbok jock-strap... big_smile

2. profile image0

Dumb joke, Cindy.

5. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

1959 in the Congo. First case was a primate hunter. Most likely a blood contact between primate and human.

6. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

You all make it sound like having sex with monkeys is a bad thing, I've always found it to be extremely pleasurable. big_smile

1. profile image0

What?!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was a joke dude, we don't even have monkeys in England. smile

1. profile image0

(sigh of relief)

* except for this one that I keep in my closet wink

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/MustangMomma04/SexyMonkey.jpg

1. profile image0

Hope it works out for the two of ya.

2. Pearldiver profile image66

Hahaha big_smile big_smile .... Cool.. You found Bubbles Jackson big_smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Talk about cruelty to animals. Monkeys should not be made to wear makeup smile

awwwww, but she's got such a pwetty mouth. smile

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree, very pleasurable lol

1. profile image0

Ah hah! I always knew there was something weird about you, Misha. Now I have evidence. Hard proof.

7. Mac Mission profile image61
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

oh informative ........ good question

8. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Lest We Forget..... Bubbles Jackson... RIP   big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image60
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bubbles Jackson is still alive.   smile   Some news reporter (from,like, CNN or MSNBC or one of those) went to the animal place he now lives among other primates to ask if he had been told about Michael Jackson's death.  The woman handler (or whatever her title is) said they "haven't discussed it" with Bubbles, because Bubbles has happily been acclimated among the other primates, and Michael hadn't been to see him for years.

9. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Well the answer to the question would be Yes or No. What others choose to write are not answers to your question, but discussion based on what others have written.

My answer is No. I do not have HIV. However I have a friend who does. She got married and then got sick. She was then diagnosed with HIV. I also know of an HIV educator that I work with who was raped at her college's book store where she worked and contracted the disease. They are both on medications and are doing well with their treatment.

I has been my wish that one day a brilliant human being will be able to finally discover a very effective medicine to combat  HIV just like the leprosy which is already treatable now a days.

1. profile image0

And who says the bureaucrats who control the big-money pharmaceuticals dont have a drug for it already. We all know these diseases are man-made, cultured in labs. Its the State of Fear.

Well it might be a good idea to invest all your Adsence commissions into Rosche scrip smile Just think what profits you missed out on with Rosche Tamaflu stocks. big_smile

10. rosariomontenegro profile image69
    rosariomontenegroposted 14 years ago

Hi Fiery, this is like a surprise messenger, I see that you were here 3 minutes ago.
    It's cute the photoshop with the little monkey. I wish whoever the owner is, he or she is treating him well.

About cures for the virus who terrified mankind in the eighties, I don't know much about the official ones.
    But I can tell you that there is a MD in Peru, living in Iquitos, called Dr. Roberto Incháustegui, who, in the years when people used to die from HIV, he kept alive the individuals infected with the virus that were living in his city with a concoction he made out of DRACONTIUM PERUVIANUM, aka DRACONTIUM LORETENSE. This vegetable substance was used by the local shamans as an antidote for snake venom, and this doctor, who is still researching in a scientific way the Amazonian plants, turned the Dracontium into a cure for AIDS.

As for the original question of this thread, I understand it was a rethorical one, and it has sparked quite a lively discussion of many levels. My answer is: thanks heaven, NO.

1. profile image0

Hey Rosa. Missed you in here. Didnt get a feedback again on the Nigerian Music Videos I published. Did you enjoy them? Hey Gurl, you never cease to amaze me with how you always seem to have underground info about stuff. You're something, Rosa.

11. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

I would not want anyone to believe that HIV is fine and controllable, because it is not. Yes, there are many strains of HIV from the very original to the super-strain. Medications are there to promote the immune system, but if you are in the super-strain, chances are you will not survive the 20 years those with the original strain on immunopressives. I have friends who are HIV positive, many are doing well on drug therapy who have the older strains, others with complex strains are having difficulty in managing their health. I have lost four to HIV who have contracted HIV within the past three years..... My point is to take the disease very seriously and be careful.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I certainly second your comment and agree with you 110%.

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

You mean you are still holding that monkey? Come on, let him go wink

He likes to beat it too! Poor monkey wink

Nothing wrong with spanking the monkey occasionally. wink

I agree with that smile Even more than occasionally.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58

him??? it told me it was a girl monkey... big_smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've been misled. Ever heard of Nigerian scam? wink

Ah, makes sense now, that'll be why it's been telling me that one of my long lost relatives has died, and if I'd just give it my bank details it would go ahead and deposit 20 billion trillion dollars into my bank account. big_smile

13. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

For those who take the question seriously (as I do, being a literal minded sort), I will mention the following:

1.  No, I'm not HIV positive, and I'm grateful to be able to say that.  But I have watched good friends die from AIDS, including a gentle chiropractor in San Diego who could adjust my ultra-fragile ex-wife without leaving her hurting for days after.

2.  It was difficult to see these people go, not just because of the loss, but because it seemed so utterly unnecessary.  At the time, I was marketing a supplement (with which I no longer have any commercial affiliation whatsoever) which had been proven to eliminate HIV in short order.  I'm not posting this to argue or debate the point but will state that I personally was more than satisfied with the results gained by a group of doctors who proved the 100% cure rate to their own satisfaction and published the results--but only distributed the publication "underground", since overwhelming attack by the mainstream media and medical community was certain otherwise.

3.  If anyone is in need in that regard in the Here and Now, please feel free to send me an email.  I will be more than happy to share what I know.  The company that still has that original supplement also introduced another supplement some years later that has been even more rigorously proven to work against HIV. 

4.  NOT ONCE was I able to even present what I knew to an HIV sufferer--not even to our friend the chiropractor--because either the people forming a protective circle around them, and/or the sufferers themselves assumed I was peddling snake oil and automatically considered me evil for even mentioning it.  I could do nothing but watch them die hard from a distance.

5.  The company to which I've been referring froze me out after I'd represented them for more than 20 years, but that does not mean I won't tell you about them.  There is even a silver lining to that freeze-out, because now that I DON'T have any fiscal connection with them, the First Amendment protects my right to open my mouth.

14. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I am totally ignorant regarding virgin coconut oil one way or the other.

15. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

I never had the test done but I am pretty sure that I am not infected primarily because I am still virgin, never had any blood transfusion or a drug addict. I guess these are the few sources of getting the infection.

Now that the discussion has started I just thought to add something for everyone's info. India has the one of the largest number of HIV infected people in the world (if not the most). Gov. has a number of program setup and but we know how the government machinery works here. This is not the problem the main problem is people mindset.

Everyone knows what it is but because unprotected sex is the main reason for it and sex still being a big issue here, HIV infected people are treated like untouchables. And if you are unmarried then you are doomed. People won't think about your pain, they will instead think about the sex you have had (even if the source of infection was not sex). Everyone has their own believe and concept but the end result is "an HIV patient is treated like animals even in some prestigious hospitals and even by some learned people". Hope to see my country change!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope so too. India is going through a lot of change, maybe this will change too... I certainly hope so!

2. beautyrose profile image61

Congrats virgin boy and meet virgin girl hehe.
      Kidding aside i got what you mean partly is that most that are not really well informed on how that disease can be acquired will really be afraid.

16. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Monkeys scare me.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2381/2243401439_31d7bc1556_m.jpg

1. blondepoet profile image65
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gee that looks like my neighbour!!!!

1. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Looks more like 'eBay..ster' to me. The look on their face when they rejected me the 5th time.! (Hiss mad )

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)