jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Valentines day

1. 0
    gchicnotesposted 5 years ago via iphone

Is valentines day overrated? Is it just another overhyped ploy for retailers to make a dollar? Or do people really want to believe in a special day to show extra love?

1. Alecia Murphy profile image89
      Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it's some of both. I think some people genuinely do use the day to celebrate their relationships while it still is a made up card holiday that some people put way too much into. Personally, I'm indifferent. It's fun to have one day where love is celebrated but I think some people confuse love with many things. Just because someone's in your life doesn't mean either of you are in love or should be together. But to me Valentine's day should be used to celebrate all kinds of love because anyone who has love in their life has a reason to be happy.

1. 0
        gchicnotesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Never thought about it that way, " anyone who has love in their life". I never really understood the giving of cards to your kids or mother. I viewed it as a day for couples. But that's a valid point.

2. 60
      KailynLawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hate valentines day!  I stay at home, alone and eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream while watching movies.  Then I can't get out of bed for two days because I am too sick from the ice cream.

1. 0
        gchicnotesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol. Sounds like the start of a good hub story to me. smile

working