jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

1. 61
    rebeccaakinadeposted 3 years ago

Poem is one of the genres of Literature and a way of communication. Poems expresses deepest thoughts,feelings and emotions. There is no such thing as a non-well composed or disarranged poems as long as it passes a message across. So keep writing and do not keep your poems but let people read,analyze and even criticize it. It will make  Ɣ☺ΰ a great poet. Thanks!!!! Watch out for my poems.....

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Please flip the pic. How am I expected to read poetry if Im discombobulated?

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure I agree that there's no such thing as a non-well-composed or disarranged poem.
      If it's not really poetry and is so disarranged that it doesn't have a certain flow to it,  then it's just a sentence or statement or bunch of words............at least, that's how I see it.
      Kinda like most rap "music".    If it isn't saved by the art of rhyming or rhythm of some type, then it's just a loud rant.   Most rap that I've heard is about 90% rant, even when it does rhyme.   So it's not really music and sometimes it's not even poetry.    Even much of what's usually termed "poetry" isn't poetry as I see it.   Like much of Shakespeare, etc.     Prose is what a lot of that is.    But hey,  maybe the definition of poetry includes "prose".........I dunno;   but I don't define it that way.
      At any rate, I think surely poetry does have to have that special "ummph" that makes them poetry.   Not necessarily actual rhyming,  but a certain rhythm that's obvious and compelling.

Take for instance these words---

I've seen trees.
      I've read poetry.
      But I don't think I've ever seen a poem that's as pretty as a tree.

.....as opposed to--------

I think that I shall never see
      a poem lovely as a tree.

Which set of words is poetry?

2. 61

In my opinion, I think it's a thing of the mind. It is possible that when some people are upset,their mind is disturbed and truth be told,poetry or any other genre of literature will not come to mind. While to some people,that will be the best time to sit down,relax,take a deep breath and find something to read. The right poems settles the mind.  Ɣ☺ΰ should try it. Thanks.

1. 0

Yes. Also, could you flip the pic?

3. 61

I will flip it very soon by using a Computer system. I'm using a smartphone now. Thank you

1. 0

Is it a pic of you? Why not have it as your profile pic? Or is it just a random pic of someone else? I look forward to the rotation. See ya! smile