jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Critique Circle

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 days ago

For all you creative writers - if you want to improve your writing, do consider joining Critiquecircle.com. 

It's not a competitor to HubPages and it's not a place to publish your work. It's a place to get feedback from other writers IN PRIVATE and it's free.  You can publish short stories or novel chapters.

I've just signed up again as my novel is ready for another few sets of eyes.  If anyone is interested in critiquing it, do sign up for the site and look out for my chapters - I'll return the favour!

1. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 4 days ago in reply to this

Are you including me in this invitation? if yes or no, I congratulate you on your publishing success.

2. threekeys profile image83
    threekeysposted 4 days ago

Hello Marissa
    I have become familiar with you because of your input here. I know most of my hubs are creative pieces rather than informationally focused hubs using the expected formula. I feel as if you might be speaking to me to move on from hubpages?  Its true. I have gone over the trial period I assigned for myself here.

I did come here with the intrntion to try my hand at writing and to receive feedback together with potentially earning a income. But i have not moved on from that and my pieces are scored average to below. What do you or other's propose i need to do or should do? I am writing my first book of poems as well and am aiming to have it completed before New Year's eve.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 days ago in reply to this

It's certainly not an invitation for people to "move on"!   

I do know it's not unusual for writers to have a secret novel hiding in a drawer (or these days, lurking somewhere in their computer files), and Critique Circle is a good place to get motivated to work on it.  Some Hubbers post chapters on HubPages for feedback, but it's not a good place to do it, because it's public and vulnerable to theft.

Creative writing is not financially successful anywhere on the internet, really, and it has certainly never done well on HubPages. If you write poetry, you have to approach it in a particular way to make it work.   Cardisa is one of the few poets who do well here, here are her tips:

http://hubpages.com/community/SEO-Tips- … nd-Fiction

1. kenneth avery profile image83
        kenneth averyposted 4 days ago in reply to this

Marisa, I was just asking.

working