jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Writing Again; It's Been a Long Time

1. 0
    3 Finger Readerposted 5 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Hubpages and haven't had much of chance to get to know anyone yet.  I have always known I wanted to be a writer--I think it first took root in me when I was 11 years old.  It was a passion and a dream that stayed with me for a long, long, time.  When I was in high school I used to write all the time.  I started to grow that little bump on the middle finger of my right hand, I was writing so much.  I've long since switched to tapping keys (but I'll tell you, I will always love the physical act of writing itself--the smell of a graphite pencil, the sound of it as it sweeps across the paper--it's just not the same with a keyboard).

I never believed in my talent or ability enough to pursue my writing full time, and so took other paths.  I was happy for a while, (not to mention very comfortable with a steady income) but increasingly unhappy because what I was doing for a living, as a career, what not what I truly loved.

I resigned some time ago and have gone back to school, to pursue the degree everyone told me was a waste of time and money: a master's degree in creative writing.  I still need a job, and I love to teach, so I wanted to combine everything I loved to forge a new path.

Anyway, aside from some very real regret, and some great concern over my future, I have decided that I truly want to pursue this path.

I started writing again, and I have posted some fiction on a creative writing hub.  I would be grateful if anyone who regularly reads this forum would come along and read it--give me some advice, feedback, critique--anything.

Thank you all--
    Julie / 3 Finger Reader

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Julie-Welcome and live your dreams!

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

I do hope you enjoy yourself. smile

3. SandyMcCollum profile image87
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

Yes, welcome and btw that's a cute name.

I hear children's books are hot right now.

I'll go read and leave a comment.

4. Sage Williams profile image91
    Sage Williamsposted 5 years ago

Hi Julie, Welcome to HubPages.  I'm sure you will love it here.  Hubpages is a very supportive, writing forum.  Sage

5. Georgie98 profile image80
    Georgie98posted 5 years ago

Hi Julie, I would also like to welcome you to hubpages! If you get any criticism it is constructive. We're a friendly bunch who like to have a bit of banter aswell as write our normal writing! smile
    Enjoy your time on here.
    Lou aka Georgie

6. Jaggedfrost profile image87
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

I shall say as those who greeted the music man did, "Welcome."

7. kookoo88 profile image66
    kookoo88posted 5 years ago

Writing can be a lot of fun.  Welcome to hubpages and I hope you have a blast with it. smile

8. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile