1) Repair or replace the roof – Use reputable roofing contractors
2) Repair, replace or repaint the siding – Call for quotes from licensed siding contractors
Kitchen remodeling often gives you a good return on your money. Stick with a budget. Overruns are easy to encounter.
3) Replace or repaint the kitchen cabinets. Painting is the least expensive option, followed by replacing or refacing the doors and drawer fronts of your kitchen cabinets. Home improvement stores offer many choices for new kitchen cabinets. Obviously, custom cabinetry will be the most expensive option.
4) Replace the kitchen counter top. Laminates are the least expensive. Other alternatives include concrete, granite, butcher block, tile, solid surfacing, glass, plus many other stone products.
5) Replace kitchen appliances. Currently stainless steel is popular, however, using white appliances provides for a clean look. Colors can”date” your kitchen. Choose carefully. Look for appliances with the energy star label.
6) Replace kitchen flooring. Vinyl is the least expensive. Other options include hardwood or tile.
7) Perform either a major or minor remodel to the bathroom(s). Check with a local bathroom contractor, hire a handyman for simple repairs and upgrades, or even do it yourself.
Homes with more than one bathroom are more desirable.
8.) Repaint, all rooms, as needed. Painting contractors may offer a discount if more than one room is being painted.