oceansnsunsets profile image 90

What are the best small towns to live in, in the United States?

I am curious what people would recommend in regards to considering relocating to a small town in the United States? This may sound like an odd question, but I wanted to pose it anyway to see what the response is. Not all small or rural towns are created equal. I suppose that advice of any to stay away from is also welcome. For someone wanting something minimal, peaceful, possibly welcoming to outsiders, etc, what is a good town or state with the best small towns? Ideally, in the Southern portion, East to West coast, totally open. Open to northern states as well.

The Dirt Farmer profile image97

Jill (The Dirt Farmer) says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 21 months ago

How interesting Jill, thank you for sharing that! Wishing you the best in your retirement!

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 21 months ago

Thanks, Examiner! You are right about it changing all the time too, and it almost made me not ask the question. Still, I love to know what people's thoughts are on it. That is great, thanks.

LadyGlenora profile image81

LadyGlenora says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 21 months ago

Glenora, I love hearing about the Northern areas as well. In fact, when you mentioned Lake Superior, I really perked up because after driving through that area before, I really loved it! One can work with the cold for sure. Thank you!