jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Is it Right for My Future If I Choose to File bankruptcy?

1. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 6 years ago

It would be right for your future to stop spamming. You're reported.

1. SaiKit profile image79
      SaiKitposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Then you should be penalized for false reports. Hub staff please take notes.

2. manlypoetryman profile image71
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

Now...that's funny!

3. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

I knew someone long ago that did and he discovered that he couldn't even rent an apartment with it on his credit. Maybe that's changed, maybe not. He lived in an RV in our back pasture for a while (hubby's friend).

4. micki3123 profile image61
    micki3123posted 6 years ago

It depends on the state that you live in.

5. 62
    HomeBuyerHelpposted 6 years ago

Don't lose hope, there are things that can still be done.

6. ForeclosureDJens profile image60
    ForeclosureDJensposted 5 years ago

Answer to your question: It depends on your situation. How far behind on payments and in debt are you? What is your biggest concern? Are you doing it to save your home/stop a foreclosure?

My best advice - consult a bankruptcy attorney, give them your situation and see what they suggest.

REMEMBER - A Bankruptcy stays on your credit for 7-10 YEARS and although it may improve your credit initially after it has been discharged, your credit history will reflect bankruptcy semi-permanently until this time frame has elapsed.

Also you have to consider what type of bankruptcy are you able to file. Do you have enough cash coming in to file a Ch. 13 repayment/debt consolidation? Or are you going to challenge all of the debt as "unsecured" in a Ch. 7?

Just a few things to consider... smile

Best of luck!

7. JEDiamondM profile image61
    JEDiamondMposted 5 years ago

Bankruptcy may be the answer but it depends on your situaiton and the type and age of the debt you are dealing with. Honestly I would need to know a lot more about the situaiton before I could really begin to say very much.

If you post some more info I can give you a basic game plan but I generally have to the people I collect off of that bankruptcy might be the wrong way to go and the nbig reason is that just because you file does not mean you get off scott free... The judge can always say that you case is dismissed and not discharged. If dismissed then everyone comes after you and you are now 2 to 4 months deeper in the hole than when you started.

Post some more info and I will try to help more.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You might want to take a look at the dates on the earlier posts...

8. JEDiamondM profile image61
    JEDiamondMposted 5 years ago

Yeah I caught that shortly after posting and kicked myself a couple of times.
    My apologies... Im a newbie here and just saw a topic that I can help on and got a bit jummpy.

My bad

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No harm - I've done it myself and so have most others. smile 

And welcome to HP - you'll find it a great place to write.

1. JEDiamondM profile image61
        JEDiamondMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That I am finding but I am really trying to get people to read some of my suff. I may have only written 1 articleso far and am planning on many more but I wanna see if anyone think my writing style is even worth reading... I guess you could ay I am dying for some feedback