jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone else's residuals going down?

1. 0
    Amie Warrenposted 6 years ago

I'm so discouraged. My residuals on all my article sites are going down drastically, especially the rev share sites. I don't even want to write for them anymore.

I hear a lot of people lately complaining about this. Is this something happening across the board, or is it just me?

1. Sunnyglitter profile image84
      Sunnyglitterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mine are going up, but it might just be because my articles have been online for a few months now.  I had one earn $5.22 today, which is a record for me.  I have some articles on other sites, and my previous record for one was around $4 in one day.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I'm mostly seeing the opposite.  But then I've been extremely limited in where and for whom I'm writing. 

I no longer write for sites where I don't retain full ownership of the content.  I find those sites do a better job of keeping their authors profitable so as to maintain their continued involvement and long-standing content.

1. 0
      Amie Warrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

relache, that makes so much sense. I still have seen a lot of places going down, though, even Suite101, which used to be very steady on income. It took me two months to get paid on one site, and their payout is only $25. I would get to $22 and stall.  It's almost like it's planned!

I know that things will pick up around the holidays, though, so I'm looking forward to having some nice paydays in January.

3. Kidgas profile image80
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

I am having a record month here at HubPages and am simply thrilled.  You have to keep writing since there will be some ebbing and flowing.  In my opinion, consistent effort is the key.  I have had several months when income goes down only to bounce back to higher levels with additional content.  It often seems like two steps forward and one back, but you still make progress.

1. 0
      Amie Warrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Consistency is the key non all residual sites, I believe.  I have no been as consistent as I should have here, but I am in a position where I have to write for guaranteed income now, so I do Hubpages when I can.

4. 0
    Kevin Lamposted 5 years ago

You shouldn't be worried, you are an amazing writer! I have read some of your articles. They are very interesting and informative.

5. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

HubPages has improved steadily for me, and is doing well - other sites not so great, but OK. Now, I only keep up my writing for sites where I retain ownership

6. Webmind profile image61
    Webmindposted 5 years ago

Seems to me people should post most of their original content on their own websites and blogs, and use the hubpage, squidoo type sites for generating backlinks.