jlpark profile image 90

Why the disgust, hatred, and general dislike for the LGBT community?

I've found in many a site, including this one, that there are some very strong views. Though, here it seems to be a lot more...adult about it - no name calling etc. What I'm wondering is WHY? Why do you feel that way? Is it fear? Is it jealousy? Is it lack of knowledge? Blatant ignorance? Religion? Pure hatred? A bad experience? We all have reasons for feeling the way we do about things - so why do you feel so badly towards those who identify as LGBT? I promise to give thoughtful, and adult replies!

Best Answer Christin Sander (ChristinS) says

• Mazzy Bolero profile image

Mazzy Bolero 4 years ago

I don't think they desire to be different, Iburmaster, I think they just are different. But they are just as much human beings. I'm not sure what you mean by "what else are they into?"

nightwork4 profile image60

nightwork4 says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 4 years ago

I like that way of thinking about it - it could be jealousy. Thank you for your answer.

gmwilliams profile image86

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 4 years ago

Gmwilliams - thank you for your answer. I am of a very similar opinion - people fear what they do not understand. And, unfortunately that fear may prevent them from learning more, and understanding. Thanks for your answer.